“No Other Hotels can Beat Marco Polo Davao”
Review of Marco Polo Davao

Marco Polo Davao
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Location is good for people who wants to experience local like near to people park, roxas night market and some local buffet restuarants which is very affordable. Service is very good, they always ready to help you! If you hve problems direct to Front desk and look for their Supervisor and you'll be assisted right away. You don't need to call the managers attention since their supervisor as I observed is empowered to do things which is very admirable. Even though I have some concern with my room but then attentiveness is necessity and thats what they served to all their customer, in my opinion! Super B!

Room Tip: Always go for higher floor and dacing the golf side of the city. Even though request is prior to ava...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Marco Polo Hotels
MarcoPoloDavao, General Manager at Marco Polo Davao, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear julesryana2017,

Greetings from Marco Polo Davao!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent stay. We are delighted to know that your overall experience with our service and product offering were to your satisfaction and our team served you well.

Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to exceed guest satisfactions and create value at every encounter.

Thank you for staying with Marco Polo Davao as your hotel of choice in Davao City, we look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Dottie Wurgler-Cronin

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I've submitted a written complaint to the Front Desk with their Form. I'll wait first for their reply before getting on with the details to be fair.

However, special mention to Kathleen at the Front Desk for a smooth check-in.

Room Tip: Stay away. You're better off with Seda Abreeza when in Davao City
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank architectyaun
MarcoPoloDavao, General Manager at Marco Polo Davao, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear architectyaun,

I do apologize for any inconvenience cause due to the lapses in our service but rest assured that improvements will be made to maintain our standards. We hope you will reconsider and stay in Marco Polo Davao in your next visit and please let me know should I be of any assistance, anytime.

Dottie V. Wurgler-Cronin

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Overall stay was excellent except for the accessibility to malls. Front desk and housekeeping staff were all accomodating and turnaround of actions were fast. Special mention to Justine of Front Desk as she is very accomodating. She deserved a thumbs up/commendation from me and her manager. Thks Justine for attending to all my requests. Breakfast was also better compared to other hotels i've been to. Will definitely stay at Marco Polo Davao next time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Marco Polo Hotels
MarcoPoloDavao, General Manager at Marco Polo Davao, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear 559glendat,

Greetings from the Marco Polo Davao!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent stay. We are delighted to know that your overall experience with our service and product offering were to your satisfaction and our team specially Justine served you well.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

While on business in Davao City, I stayed at the Marco Polo Hotel. Before entering the hotel at any time I and everyone else were searched along with personal belongings. I felt completely safe at all times. The staff were always pleasant and prompt. Check in and out was quick and easy. The hotel was neat and clean. The room while dated was clean with a great view with windows top to bottom. It was comfortable. The pool was perfect for swimming lengths and not too busy and there was a good variety of equipment in the gym. There were several restaurants to choose from with a variety of food. I only had room service once and the food was excellent. The lobby is a great place to meet. Not too crowded. A great bank of elevators so never had to wait. Free wifi and in room security box.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear jcmschneider,

Greetings from the Marco Polo Davao!

We are happy to know that you are considering to come back and stay with us again. We hope that upon your return, you can try some of our signature dishes and chill out at The Deck.

We look forward to your next visit to us. Have a wonderful week ahead!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I choose this hotel because of its location for the Kadayawan festival. It was indeed a good choice for the festival. Our room was perfect it has a direct view to Roxas street, the starting point for the Kadayawan parade. During Kadayawan parade, there was a little stage built in front of Marco Polo hotel for the VIP guests only of the MP which I think was unfair to the other guests of the hotel. I stayed here for 3 nights.

I have stayed in this hotel so many times in the past and I can tell the service has deteriorated from bad to worst. It was unacceptable to wait for 2 hrs to set up our extra bed. I had to make a multiple follow up calls to the housekeeping. When I asked to fix our blocked bathtub, again it took ages for the staff to come nearly 2 hours of waiting. I understand the hotel was packed with guests because it was Kadayawan and perhaps the workload for the staff was too much but it’s not an excuse for such poor service.

The food choices for buffet breakfast is just enough. Staff in general are nice and polite. Overall, my stay here was a big disappointment but would still like to stay here in the future mainly for the location of the hotel and its strict security measure in place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear dabawenyo,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to respond to our guest satisfaction survey of your recent stay with us. Based on your feedback, it is unfortunate that you didn't have a pleasant experience in our hotel nor with the service provided you during your stay. I have noted the observations you made about your Kadayawan experience, our rooms and food and will address the matter.

I do apologize for any inconvenience cause due to the lapses in our service but rest assured that improvements will be made to maintain our standards. We just want to clarify that the availability of the seats in our Kadayawan stage are in discretion of the Kadayawan Executive Committee. We hope you will reconsider and stay in Marco Polo Davao in your next visit and please let me know should I be of any assistance, anytime.

Dottie V. Wurgler-Cronin