1,321 results
All reviews continental club lotus court lobby lounge eagles bar breakfast buffet star hotel souvenir shops aldevinco shopping center davao gulf swimming pool business trip the heart of the city night market visit davao samal island security philippines
Reviewed 14 May 2008

My wedding reception at the ballroom of marco polo davao was a complete disaster and shame to my visitors due to the lack of quality of food served and the unsystematic and very slow service. The waiters didn't serve the food all at once so some guests have to wait endlessly from one course to another. The food was cold and dry, wasn't even in the menu I tasted a few months ago. They will just give you hundreds of reasons why they could not serve the food that you agreed upon that pissed me off on my wedding day. I got starved on my own reception. The management compensated for not letting me pay 22 persons but the inconvenience they did on my big day will never be forgotten.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
55  Thank glaudine
Reviewed 21 March 2008

I had an 11th floor room for three nights with a terrific view of the Gulf of Davao. The hotel staff were friendly with the concierge's advice to snorkel at Paradise Island, an easy P90 taxi and P14 boat ride each way and then a P90 entrance fee and P300 snorkelling hire fee well received.

The hotel breakfast was excellent with a wide choice. Sliced mangoes were not on display but the kitchen promptly provided some. The hotel is two blocks (easy walking distance) from the Gaisano Mall or a P35 taxi ride for those disinclined to walk.

The street outside also a great location to watch the 71st Araw Ng Davao (71st Davao Foundation Day) three and a half hour street parade.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank Victorianlad
A TripAdvisor Member
davao
Reviewed 7 March 2008

The Marco Polo Privilege Card, for which I paid around Php6,800.00 is actually a Liability Card.
I usually stay at hotels in the weekends to relax, so i got the so called Marco Polo Privilege Card. There are 2 other hotels in the Davao area with casinos. There, they treat me like royalty, never mind that I don't have their privilege cards. So, i expected better treatment from Marco Polo.
I was wrong.
First, it takes you weeks to book a room if you use yor privilege card. Better to walk-in, you can get one easily.
Then, their walk in rate is Php4,300 with breakfast. But if you use the privilege card, you are actually billed a higher or just equivalent rate for the same room w b/fast! I think mine was Php3,800 without breakfast, then i had to pay around Php650 for breakfast!
So I asked them: what's my privilege card for? Well, they say, if i dine in at least 20 times a year, i'll get my benefits. ???Huh?
The cabana rooms, which used to be so great, are no good now, because they built a new restaurant adjacent to the cabana rooms and blocked off the pool. There's no privacy in the cabana rooms now and the noise just turns me off.
The food is just plain bad.
The swimming pool is generic.
The lobby is only 2-star.
All in all, there's no reason why one should stay at the Marco Polo Davao.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 November 2007

Stayed in all the hotels in Davao, but i prefere staying in Marco Polo. It may not be the perfect 4star hotel you expected compare to the other 4 star hotels around the world, but it is the best hotel/ place to stay in Davao. Yes, i had problems and complains, but the management tried to settle things as mush as they could. Love the employees, especially the conceirge and F&B staffs, they always make you feel at home.

Have you been to POLO BISTRO? Yes, it is the newest outlet of the hotel, it is located on the 4th floor.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank fmvhyde
Reviewed 14 October 2007

The staff here are one of the best I have encountered in my many years of traveling. They will really go out of their way to please their customers. I can't say the hotel is perfect but the people who work here will make your stay worth the money you spent. I stayed in a Cabana room; nicely decorated, room size is also good. The room came with lounge access and the staff up there are so wonderful. I can't praise this hotel enough for training their staff on how to make their guests feel welcome and at home. Kudos to Marco Polo Davao!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo