1,308 results
All reviewscontinental clublotus courtlobby loungeeagles barbreakfast buffetstar hotelsouvenir shopsaldevinco shopping centerdavao gulfswimming poolbusiness tripthe heart of the citynight marketvisit davaosamal islandsecurityphilippines
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This hotel is an oasis for a weary traveler. I spent three nights at the Marco Polo and I have to say it was one of my most pleasant stays ever in a hotel. Check in was seamless and the front desk staff was efficient and pleasant to deal with. The rooms are spacious and I found that the staff was eager to assist me with whatever I needed. The rooms were clean and roomy with a wonderful view of the hills and volcano near Davao City. The linens on the bed were fresh and the carpeting clean. I needed an iron and ironing board and the attendants were quick to bring it to my room. There are at least 3 restaurants and I spent my entire time at the buffet restaurant in the lower level. 1st class all the way and the breakfast buffet has a very wide variety of fruits, breads, yogurts, sushi, juices and eggs and omelets to order. Lots of wait staff so they are quick to assist you with your needs.

The pool area is clean and well kept with changing rooms, showers, lots of lounge chairs and a bar. Water was clean and again the staff ready to assist with any need you may have. The pool is open late so it makes it nice to be able to go out on the deck and enjoy the evening breeze while sitting at the tables.

Security is very tight and this is for your own safety. There is armed security upon bringing your vehicle onto the property. Again, security is at the door where they ask to look in your briefcase/back pack and quickly but efficiently frisk you for firearms. They are so nice about it...almost apologetic but I appreciated their thoroughness. Don't be alarmed by it. If a cab is needed they will call one for you. The hotel had a lot of international guests so no matter what nationality you are you will feel welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side provide views of the volcanoe
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed at MP Davao from Sept 10-13, 2011 as we were advised that this was the best hotel in the city. Our room was a superior room facing the sea. Though the room was a bit old and a bit smaller than a comparable room at MP HK/Gateway, it was clean and pleasant.

Service was very good. Staff members were courteous and helpful! In addition, I loved that the waiting time was surprisingly short whenever I needed stuff from housekeeping, tech support, room service trays picked up... For example, upon arrival, the in-room safe was blinking (low batt) called the front desk and in a few minutes someone came by to fix it.

There were no glitches in our reservation (which was a little bit complicated since the members of our party were all arriving/departiing.

Eat-all-you-can dimsum bufftet at the Lotus Court was so-so, nothing to write home about... their breakfast buffet is a different story! Yum =)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank boop31
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Hotel is located in a very convenient location downtown, across a row of popular local crafts stores called Aldevinco and the Ateneo de Davao. Service was always courteous and friendly throughout my stay, the housekeeping staff greeted me by name on the second of my seven day stay. My room was a nice size, typical of any five star hotel in Manila. There was a LCD tv and wifi (although you have to pay by buying stubs at the front office, it was quite steep at Php250+ for an hour or Php500+ for 24 hours). The bathroom was well maintained and very clean.

Their buffet outlet, Cafe Marco, was recently renovated and the new buffet is the best in the city. Buffet breakfast was very good, at par with counterparts in Manila. You should try the Lotus Court, their Chinese cuisine restaurant. Their bamboo pith soup was excellent as well as the tofu (made in-house) with mushrooms and the yin yang grouper.

They also have a beautiful new spa. I did not get to try any of their massages but the premises and facilities were top-rate.

Room Tip: If you're a morning person, get a room facing the bay, the sun shines in every morning. Otherwise, choose a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank chba888
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I stay only one night on a business trip. The hotel is located near the ocean. It is rather old, but good enough for the comfortable stay. There is a swimming pool, but I do not have time to try.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Passenger810645
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The look and feel of the hotel will remind you of EDSA Shangri-la in Manila, only smaller in size.

The rooms are well maintained just like five-star hotels. It has a flat TV screen, complimentary bottled water, complimentary coffee and tea, personal amenities, and complimentary room slippers. Our hotel package comes with buffet breakfast at Cafe Marco.

We enjoyed our stay and liked the hotel's ambience. The hotel staff were courteous, attentive, and hospitable. It's also easy to get a taxi cab from the hotel. Housekeeping was quick to attend to our requests. Nice view from the hotel room too.

Our room's security vault wasn't working and I wonder why they locked the personal refrigerator.

Buffet breakfast at Cafe Marco is good, but they don't replenish some of the dishes. We've told the understaffed waiters to refill the hot chocolate and native chocolate pots, but they didn't do it. We also asked if danggit will be replenished again, but didn't get any.

You will have to pay for the Internet wi-fi, if you would like to access it. Hotels in the Philippines should really rethink and offer it for free. Hotels in Taipei that belong to a lower class than Marco Polo offer free wi-fi access in guest rooms. People nowadays are wired and access to the Internet is as basic as TV viewing.

Overall, we liked the hotel. We would recommend it highly to others and would love to stay in Marco Polo again if we return to Davao city.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple