1,321 results
All reviews continental club lotus court lobby lounge eagles bar breakfast buffet star hotel souvenir shops aldevinco shopping center davao gulf swimming pool business trip the heart of the city night market visit davao samal island security philippines
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We chose Marco Polo Hotel Davao as our hotel of choice after the wedding. Although I can say many good stuff about this place, I'd like to strike some unpleasant details of my stay. Since date of choice falls on a festival date, I made reservations a month before. Confirmations were made through email. I believed it was a smooth transaction since I was a member of their club. To cut a long story short, when we got their on the day, we were inormed that we are required to transfer rooms the next day (2 nights) since there are no available rooms we could use for two straight nights. Imagine the hassle for the wedding preps and the transfers. Fortunately one receptionist (who overheard the commotion), understood my situation ang gladly arranged an upgraded room for us to use. Lo and behold, that upgraded room turned out to have a defective aircona and the rest of the entourage had to endure the humidity. Yes, the room was filled with the pizzaz and the amenities of what we can say the first class. Breakfast buffet was fabuluos. Choices so diverse that I ended up eating just egg and rice. Upon check out, we were put on hold because one bathrobe was missing, and because I didnt want any more hassles, we obliged to pay but was shocked to know that it was worth 2,800. For a white bathrobe? It was over rated! Turns out, that missing bathrobe was included in their laundry and was not properly accounted. Over all, it was worth the experience having stayed in a prestigious hotel, but considering the hassle and complexities, I'd rather experience other hotels in the city.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sweetchick03
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Travelling for almost 20 years to Davao, we used to stay in Apo View, Mandaya, Grand Menseng and Insular. Now it definetely is Marco Polo. We stayed there 3 times the last 2 years and I cannot find any negative point : service, friendliness of the whole staff, espaecially the waiters and cooks at the pool bar. But the main reason why we choose Marco Polo was, apart from the smoking area near the pool, the excellent food they serve. Local seafood cooked according to high Western European standards and the delicious desserts. The whole staff of this 5 star hotel make you feel at home and not like you are a number compared to many other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank cisdavao
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The place is very convenient. The staff are very courteous, honest and efficient. Most of all, the food is good. One of the breakfast buffets I ever had.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SonnyBaronia
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Marco Polo is the reigning hotel in Davao right now, because frankly, it is the classiest hotel in the city. But, when newer hotels will appear in the future, this hotel won't be as in demand.

Rooms are quite old and service is not that good. Their LCD TV is blurry (the technical crew changed the entire tv during our stay, and still it was not very clear). The exhaust fan in there CR was not working, there was no bathrobe inside the room. Their bed is very comfortable.

The breakfast buffet in Cafe Marco is quite exceptional. Their swimming pool is also awesome, and lit at night.

We also ordered room service -- and they serve good food as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Shandawanda
Reviewed 1 August 2011

if you are looking for a comfortable and wonderful stay in davao,choose Marco Polo.
they have great accommodation and sumptuous food. amazing buffet breakfast and their dinner. their eagle's bar have their promo 6pm- 9pm drink all you can on their local beers for only php350 and add only php150 for their unlimited pulutan .

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends