See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I am writing this review mainly to thank Jean for her wonderful smiley customer service.She is always around to help.
The place was nice and tranquil and a welcome break when returning from the city.
The room we had was equipped with refrigerator,tv and cooking facilities.Nice and clean on arrival.
Was a bit disappointed the pirates bar is not open,but, understand if there is no one there to use it.
Cheap price for room and would certainly use again if the need arises.
Thank you everyone there for our enjoyable visit.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ihateweatherspoons
Reviewed 25 November 2016

My first visit to Drifters was on Friday 11th November, me and my girlfriend was told about this place and when we found it, it was like being in a pub back home, i looked at the menu and noticed all the pies, so i ordered Steak n Kidney and Anna said what is the Chicken Mushroom like, i ordered it for her, that first bite of my pie was like heaven, the girl who served us actually makes the pies,those pies as we say Bert her in the Bristol wer gert lush, even Anna loved her Chicken n mushroom pie, also they sold cider. i will definitely stay here even if its just for a few days, and try all the pies on the menu, finding this bar made my holiday, thank you Bert.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Drifters Apartelle is located square dab in the middle of Nova Tierra, a gated community in Davao. It has 7 rooms, some with kitchenettes, spread over 2 floors. You can take your meals under a thached roof overlooking the pool, or in your room, or in the basement bar. They keep lots of cold beer in the frig and a San Miguel in a frosted mug tastes awfully good after a sweaty day of exploring Davao. The proprietor is also the cook, if you asked her nicely, she'll prepare a special dish to order. I love Filipino food, and requested several of my favorites. She used fresh vegetables and protein. I was amazed of her cooking abilities, and appetizing presentation. Your taste buds will dance with delight. Your wallet will not be depleted.
In the Philippines, if you do anything requiring physical activity, you'll seat a lot. Not to fear, they have adaily laundry service, turn around is fast, and cheap. They charge by the kilo (2 pounds for you metric challenge foreigners). For a buck and a half, you can have 2 pounds of laundry nicely clean, folded, and delivered to your room.
This is a gem of place, and an excellent value. You can reach them by taxi. And if you need to go to the mall, where half of the felippino population hangs out, they will fetch a cab for you. Or if you like to live on the wild side, you can rent one of their motorcycles.
Is there any down sides? Yes, small things. The drain in my shower drained poorly. Using soap and shampoo with additives, like Aloa Vera made it worse. Just take a wad of TP and give it a good wipe.
The roosters crow early in the morning around 4:00 AM, but you'll want to get up anyway, because it's the coolest time of day.
Oh, yah, southern Mindanao is shared between Christians and Muslims in a mostly peaceful coexistence. There is a mosque located a few blocks away. Muslims like to pray a lot, several times a day in fact. So, if the roosters don't get you up, the loudspeaker of the call to prayer will, around 4:30 AM. But just think, you can tell all your Facebook friends about it. I bet most of them have never experienced that.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank mr_poupon
Reviewed 15 March 2016

I would have liked to given this hotel 4 stars, because it was over all a nice hotel, especially for the money, but our room at a problem with ants. I don't mean, leaving food out overnight and finding ants. I am talking about setting down a sugary soft drink on the counter, and less than an hour later, the ants are swarming it.
Leaving that aside, I did enjoy my one week stay at the hotel. The room was otherwise clean, the hotel was well-kept, and the grounds decent.
The staff was scarce, but very helpful when found, and to be fair, they were consistent in doing the daily housekeeping.
The kitchenette was handy, given the location of the hotel, which is in the middle of a Home Owners Association, and almost a strictly residential zone. It is about one km to the major street where commercial zones appear. Groceries are not expensive in the Philippines, allowing us to cook our meals. If walking that far is not your thing, there's plenty of jeepneys around, and the hotel will call a taxi for you.
Despite the proximity to the airport, airplane noise was mostly unnoticed, expect when we were outside. Also despite the proximity to the airport, the hotel is located on the other side of the terminals, so plan your trip to the airport accordingly.
There is a pub, a deli, a pool, and seemed to be a separate restaurant on the premises. The pool is neither deep nor long.
The hotel has "hot" water, with a catch. In our room, the shower had a wall-mounted heating unit, that would "heat" the water in "real time". This only applied to the shower (which to be fair is what most people want hot water for). The end result was lukewarm to warm water from the shower. On the plus side, the showers were never cold, and this method does ensure an endless supply of mildly warm water.
Overall, we enjoyed this hotel, minus the ant swarms, and we could possibly stay here again.
Over all, we had a very

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GBAINC
DavaoBert, Owner at Drifters Apartel and British Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Im very sorry about the ants, it would have been nice if you had told us in person.
Staff, We have seven rooms so it is not practical to over staff the place and stay competitive so we try to keep a balance. Over all I think you enjoyed your stay and we will try to make your next stay much more enjoyable.
Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

It's a little bit far from the mall but if you are looking for some quiet place to rest and unwind then this is the place for you. Clean tidy room. No cable TV and the internet is quite slow in the room but they have Pool and pub. You can even rent a motorcycle. The owner and the staff are very accommodating. Good breakfast.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family