All reviews boutique hotel art gallery classic room harrison street green oasis bustling city comfort food modern amenities beautiful property small hotel swimming pool home away from home pasay city close to the airport relaxing stay suite room enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 2 October 2018

The Hotel is a very nice quiet place with a little park and swimming pool inside. We had a good time and after the stressful tour in Manila (one of the loudest cities of the world) it was the right place for chilltime and rest a bit. The room was very comfortable and the employees very helpful. Many thanks for that.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EdenA157, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ronnytraveling,

We definitely will wait for your return! Thank you for the great review.

Always willing to go the extra mile to make our guests' stay as pleasant as possible. Happy to know that we were able to serve you well.

Stay with us again soon when you are in Manila.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2018

You’ll be surely surprised to know that you are sill in Manila when staying here.The ambience of the whole compund is relaxing. The staff are very friendly and accommodating plus the food is great! Love the slippers btw!

Dear photosbyfatima94,

Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate that you highly recommend The Henry Hotel.

This pushes us more to do better each time. Service that is "Like No Other" every time for every guest. See you again soon at the hotel!

Thank you!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Thank you for letting me catch up on rest and sleep after a very busy and stressful week. The me time I truly need to breathe and relax for a while. An eye candy when I'm always stuck in the concrete jungle. i wish I stayed longer and looking forward to next time.

Dear kaigarcia,

Thank you for appreciating what we do! We are happy that you found the hotel as a wonderful place to stay the night in.

Wish you all the best and hope to meet you on your next stay at The Henry Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Having book this hotel very last minute, literally less than 24hours before check in, Henry Manila did not fail us. It was only a night stay there as this was a last minute decision to spend the long weekend at Manila. Initially booked Heritage Hotel Manila which was really eerie and the hotel were very outdated, their review can be found in my profile here.

The Henry Manila were in my list when I source for my stay in Manila last year but after hearing the terrible traffic there, I choose to stay closer to my friends in Mandaluyong. My senses are right, there’s nothing I don’t like about this property.
Located in the middle of Manila, you will be surprise this little hidden gem is just steps away from the main street whilst giving you a feel that you’re not in Manila anymore. Security were good as every in/out will be question and the guard recognize you by the face as well. Once enter, you’ll notice the feeling I mentioned that you’re not in Manila anymore.

The property is refurbished from a 1940s guest house in the past. Here you’ll discover some parts were left unchanged but well maintained. We arrive early to drop our bags and able to check in around 3pm. Check In was a breeze and “Dem” was really friendly. Classic Room is what we booked, and I’m glad it’s the same as what’s showing at their website. Nothing much to shout out other than comfy beddings and “just nice” room size for two.

We didn’t choose add-on breakfast as we usually prefer the ala carte menu than fixed hotel breakfast. The rates for ala-carte at their house restaurant Apartment 1B were rather on the high side which makes our breakfast cost around PHP1800 in which you can pretty much enjoy better food and service outside the hotel. Being said that, we actually experience a rather “meh” service during our breakfast. The plates were not properly set and there’s stains on the coffee cups & plates which should be clean before serving.

As a person who enjoy staying in boutique hotels, every stay has to be tailor made and detailed. To mention was the difference in staffs attitude, check in by Dem was rather good but on the other hand, check out by Ralph wasn’t as friendly. Perhaps it’s case to case. I’ve seen many kind of hotel staffs personalities and what we experience that day were the obvious difference of tone.

All in all, it was a good one night stay at The Henry. Love every corner of the property and I’ve requested to see the suite for our next stay there. Yes, we are definitely coming back and hope to see improvement in staffs behavior. Also to mentioned, since this is a small boutique hotel I think a touch of complimentary mini bar would be nice. Definitely recommending this hotel to my friends locally and overseas. It is also a great place for a staycation over the weekend.

Keep up maintaining the hotel grounds and rooms, see you soon Henry.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cal_TheHotelLover
EdenA157, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Cal_TheHotelLover,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review! We are also very ecstatic to know that everything was according to your liking. Our main aim is really to bring back our guests to the charm of old Manila while enjoying modern-day amenities. This truly sets the hotel apart from most of the hotels in the city. Something that gives a totally unique guest experience for those who stay with us.

We pride ourselves on our wonderful team members, and I am so happy to hear that Dem was an asset to your stay. Allow me to reinforce the consistency of our service with all of our staff most especially with Ralph. I am also sharing this review with the Operations Manager of Apt 1B to ensure this will not happen again.

We can't wait to welcome you again and thank you for finally deciding to stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you once again on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

My heart is just full of Gratitude for the service we experienced during the stay of my VIP group. Salamat to Eden, Teng and Andrea, you guys are the best! To the whole FO (Dereck, Vince ,Ralph and Jay) they are just amazing! HK (Arnel and Edwin) wow, they are just superb! Apartment B1(Chef Rodette and Edwin, the guy who came early preparing our early breakfast, sorry to miss your name, but they are just divine. Coming from the industry myself. I know that behind it, is hard work and a lot of coordination and you guys just perfected it. Debbie Gibson and Heather, her manager only have great words for you..keep it up and I will surely recommend you guys again! More power! PS: it was pleasure meeting you Mr Henry...thank you taking your time to meet us, it surely says a lot about the management, that’s why I know HENRY Hotel will always be number 1. Keep it up guys and see you again soon!

Room Tip: I slept well! The room is perfect..away for the noise of the city..

Dear eriqagaser,

Cheers to the great time you had during your most recent stay at The Henry Hotel.

Words are not enough to express how deeply we appreciate hearing from you. It was our pleasure to be the official residence of Debbie Gibson during her recent trip here in Manila. We hope to only continue (and improve) the way we serve our guests and make their stay truly "Like No Other". I am glad that your stay was a lovely surprise to you and I will for sure let my team know your wonderful words for them.

I am definitely excited to welcome you back again in the hotel. Thank you very much!