1,031 results
All reviews traders hotel the club lounge shangri la group cultural center of the philippines latitude restaurant harrison plaza roxas boulevard star city floor lounge rizal park kiddie pool duty manager the ground floor bay view breakfast buffet executive suite an upgrade
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Comfortable, clean hotel on Roxas Boulevard, well located for the sights and restaurants of Metro Manila. Hotel arranged transfers to/from airport, which was a short 20 minute trip.

Hotel building is dated and in need of refurbishment, but rooms were large and comfortable, with good aircon, lovely bay views and a comfortable bed.

Pleasant pool and a small gym were also appreciated.

Information could have been better. I had booked on a rate with club lounge and other included elements - these weren’t advised on checkin and I ultimately had to find out club lounge benefits myself (there was no in-room information).

Staff and club lounge were great - friendly, engaged staff who were more than happy to help! Pleasant club lounge breakfast and cocktail hour with lovely views over the cultural centre.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Frencie D, Hotel Manager at Hotel Jen Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Mark R,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us and I am sorry for the upset we caused you.

You feedback about service at the Reception has been shared with our Front Desk Manager and rest assured that this will be followed through. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your kind words about our team, service, location, room, bed and our view which I gladly shard with the team.

Your comments mean a lot to us all as they help us to continually strive to further improve.

We hope for your return.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

My wife and I just had a very pleasant stay at hotel jen manila.its not as close to the airport as other hotels but they make up for it with a prompt pickup in a cool van ! As far as the hotel is concerned it is 5 star service at a 3 star price ! Nothing is too much trouble for there wonderful courteos staff , The room service runs 24/7 and is quick and great food great pizza cold beer !!!! Do yourself a favour stay there !!!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Frencie D, Hotel Manager at Hotel Jen Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Aokozboy,

Thank you for affording sometime to share your most recent stay experience with us.

Thank you for your positive thoughts about our transportation service, team, service and our food which I gladly shared with our entire team.

We are pleased that you had a pleasant with us and we hope for your return.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is dated and is in desperate need for a huge overhaul. We were there for a multi-day conference and were suffering through respiratory allergies for the entire duration (possibly due to moldy environment), which the symptoms immediately went away as soon as we step out of the hotel.
Our room was very humid, esp the bathroom where there wasn’t any ventilation. The carpet of our room was stained and things placed in the bathroom have molds (the anti-slippery mat, no-smoking sign). The thermostat in the room wasn’t adjustable except to turn it on/off. We had to turn it off because it was very cold in the room but once it got turned off, the room started smelling very bad.
To be fair, the bedsheets and bath towels were clean.
The only saving grace is the staff at the hotel: they’re very courteous and professional. They try hard to install some dignity to this somewhat sad environment.
The breakfast buffet was adequate, with the pastry department as its forte.
Our room rate was a bargain but even with a bargain, one shouldn’t be left exposed in an unhealthy environment like this. I’d strongly encourage the management to replace their ventilation system (or install de-humidifiers), and do something about the carpets and wall paper in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Frencie D, Hotel Manager at Hotel Jen Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Iciecat,

Thank you for affording sometime to share your recent stay experience with us and I am sorry for the upset we caused you.

Your comments about the air con and the cleaning standard in the room and bathroom are well noted. Rest assured that this will be followed through with our Housekeeping team.

We also have noted your feedback about the shower, windows and walls.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope for your return.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is generally a bit run down but the amazing service received at the club lounge made me totally forget about it. The staff on the 19th floor is hardworking and very kind. Particular mention goes to the lovely Joan who has been serving us for 3 days during our breaks in between meetings. She made our business dinner successful by spotlessly responding to all of the (sometimes tricky) requests...all this always with a smile on her face.

The car rental service was also spotless, punctual, responsive and affordable.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear atrippyadviser,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us.

I am very pleased to know that Joan at Club Lounge is consistently displaying great customer service.

I shall share your kind words with her and the entire team.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and we see you back soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for one night because we don’t want to be late for our exam the following morning. The room was so clean and the bathrooms are like new. I didn’t expect that coz I knew it was an old hotel(traders hotel). The breakfast buffet was also sumptuous, there’s a lot to choose from. Their Corned beef is nice. The staff are courteous and accommodating too.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Frencie D, Hotel Manager at Hotel Jen Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Ms. Isay R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. Your positive thoughts about room, bathroom and breakfast buffet food selection is well appreciated.

I am happy to know that you find our team courteous and accommodating.

I shall share your kind words with the entire team.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and we see you back soon.