“Sleeping in a Box”

Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Florence, Italy
“Sleeping in a Box”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Location-accessible from MRT and LRT,, near to airport by taxi.
Food- Better than nothing
Reception/Front Desk-unfriendly
Room-really small, noisy air-conditioner, wi-fi very slow
Restaurant crew-polite

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, find another hotel to stay
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MigsDeManille
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Isle of Wight
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Paid about 50$ for a tiny room which was meant to sleep 3 , although I was alone this was apparatnly the only available room, which I suspect not to be true.
The Hotel is situated in a dump of a backroad and the the reception staff seemed irriatated by my presence here.
The room was clean , no safe and everywhere were warnings about leaving valueables in the room, what else should I do ? carry my laptop, money, passport and credit cards with me around Manils ?? Hmmm I just hid them in several places and prayed.
The room was clean, the bathroom as well. The Toilet was open plan so if I had family or girlfriend with me they could have expierenced me live doing my business on the WC which is kind off odd.
The room had a joing door to nextdoor which was secured by a simple push open if you wanted to bolt.I later found out that this room was a staff rest room and all through the night non stop you could here shouting ( yes shouting) and laughing from the staff members and every now and then the sound of a walkie talkie going off , this went through the night with maybe a break between 3 to 5 am , it was really as if they were inthe same room a bang on thier door bought no response.
The breakfast was a joke , It is meant to an international Hotel and all that was on offer was rice dish and some sort of curried meat, yes I know one is in a foreign coutry and should accept this , but all over SE Asia I have always had at least the offer of cereal or something less asian for breakfast . Here also the staff were agitated by my presence, despite my always British polite manner.I asked for toast and got bought 1 piece of bread about 5 mins later .
Would have been ok if this was a cheap Hostel for 15$ but I have really stayed in better 10$ places in the Philippines and all of SE Asia

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank DrWho43

Travellers are raving about these Pasay hotels

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I've tried to be fair in my reviews not just for the benefit of the readers but also for the hotel - staff included. To be fair to Shogun Hotel, the staff were friendly, attentive and polite. I hate to use the word crap, but this hotel needs serious refurbishment. In my previous visits to nearby Kabayan Hotel, I've only noticed Shogun in the last 2 years, so I thought that this Hotel was new. But no, it is really old and shabby. The only good thing I can say is that the free wi-fi signal in the room in very strong.

Stayed here for 2 nights. My family and I wanted to stay near the airport for our flight to Palawan. I booked the family room thru agoda.com. I got a good discounted price. In my opinion though, the full price they are charging is not worth. I am even disappointed at the price I paid for. I thought I was getting a great deal. After our first night I wanted to check-out but I already paid for 2 nights.

From the look of the lobby/concierge you can really see how old the place is. Check in was very easy. No cell coverage in the rooms. I had to go up to the 8th floor roof deck to call. The shower is very crappy. It will take you hours to rinse because the shower head is very old and rusty and water flow is not strong. Do not believe what the website said. THERE IS NO BUSINESS CENTER. The first time I was told there was no business center I thought maybe the staff heard me wrong. So I went online and looked at their website, I asked the morning staff again. The business center is a computer internet rental shop in a mall outside the hotel. You'd have to go up a spiral staircase to go up to the swimming pool area where bottled drinks are not allowed. Breakfast included, not so appetizing. Shower rooms on the 8th floor swimming pool area again is crappy and very dirty. I had the Please Make Up Room sign outside for half the day while we were swimming, but our room was not cleaned. I couldn't be bothered to call housekeeping when we got back, we wanted to rest then. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone at full price or discounted. It is not worth it. If you are just looking for a place to sleep near the airport - look somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank travelbugcatcher
North
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Close to the airport ok to catch a plane. My wife recieved one cold egg and one toast. When she tried to return for coffee and something else she was cutoff. If you want to eat a normal breakfast go somewhere else. Rate this hotel poor for the very very limited poor quality breakfast offered. The good thing is thet the rooftop mini pool is nice. The room was very small and noisy but the plumbing worked well enough.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Yamomma10
Kilcoy, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I should have taken note of the previous comments regarding the no show at the airport. I told them. when I initially booked the room what flight we would be arriving on and then reconfirmed it 3 days before we went. Arrived in the aiport at 21.45, hung around until nearly 11pm. Nobody there. Ended up getting a taxi to a nearby hotel. Of course they took the one nights's payment out of our account. Makes me wonder how many other people end up doing the same thing because they are so tired after a long flight and the hotel still gets the payment. We did end up there to catch the LRT at one point , the traffic is terrible and the area is very seedy, watch your valuables.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple