“Very Good!”

Midas Hotel and Casino
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 21 April 2017

This is my first time staying at Midas Hotel, and definitely won't be the last!

PROS:

1. BOOKING - Super Easy. I booked through a third party online travel agency the same day of my stay at Midas. I got a very good deal which was way lower than the hotel's published rate, and even got an additional 5% off! (courtesy of online agency). I received my booking confirmation immediately after paying online. I had to call the hotel first before booking though, to confirm if they will honor same day booking thru the site.

2. LOCATION - Very Strategic. Located along Roxas boulevard, just a few minutes walk from San Juan de Dios Hospital (where you will have to get off if commuting through jeepney). The hotel is near Blue Bay Walk where you can find a lot of retail shops and restaurants if you wish to look for variety other than the ones available at the Hotel. All cab drivers/uber/grab services know where Midas Hotel is.

3. CHECK IN - Super Fast. I just showed the front desk personnel my online agency booking confirmation, paid the incidental deposit, then I immediately received my room key and wifi password.

4. ROOM - I made a request upon booking that I get a room on a higher floor, facing the bay. But I was told that there were no Deluxe Rooms currently available that fits my request. So what did they do? They gave me FREE ROOM UPGRADE from Deluxe Room to JUNIOR EXECUTIVE SUITE on the 9th floor. Of course, I accepted (lol).

The room was huge! It didn't have the view I requested, but who cares! Haha, I now have a much bigger and better room. It had 2 double size beds and a couch where you can lounge. There was a flatscreen cable TV, in room cordless phone, and a whole lot more!

The linens were very clean, pillows were soft and cuddly, bed was very comfortable. There was a well supplied mini bar, complete with alcohol and juices for a fee. The incidental deposit for this room is Php3000.00

AC worked well and cooled the room perfectly. You can adjust the temp at the wall controls.

5. RESTROOM - Great but small. I felt this was the only downside of the awesome room I got. The restroom felt very small and people with claustrophobia would feel unease. There was a regular sized bathtub right next to the amazing toilet bowl - because t'was my first time to see a remote controlled bidet complete with dryer (lol) Overall, the bathroom amenities served their purpose without issues.

6. BALCONY - The balcony was huge! The whole corner of the room to be exact. You can host a party in this room and not worry about your friends bumping to each other since there's a lot of space. I'm not sure if you can smoke at the balcony, because the room I requested was a non-smoking room.

7. WIFI - Reliable. The connection was not perfect even though my room had its own wifi router (behind the television). The connection was 80% good, and sometimes intermittent.

8. BUFFET BREAKFAST - Solid! There were a lot of options to choose from. Eclectic choices range from Filipino, European and American. You'll have your breakfast at the Midas Cafe located on the 2nd floor. The hotel staff will just need to confirm your room number and you're good. Make sure you don't wear the hotel slippers because it's not allowed. Regular flip-flops would do.

9. HOTEL STAFF - Very Courteous. Every hotel staff I get to meet eyes with greeted me with a warm with a smile. From the guard at the entrance, to the front desk, to the maintenance staff, and midas cafe. Everyone was very courteous. Kudos!

CON:

1. HOTEL HALLWAY - Very dimly lit. I suggest the hotel improve on this, because I felt the hallway looked like a set from a horror film at one point.

Overall 9/10.
I will definitely be back soon, and will also recommend this hotel to everyone I know who needs a place to stay around the area. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms has less road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank terrifictraveller91
Lily A, General Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Hi monvillaverde,

We would like to express our gratitude for staying with us, and for taking time to share your valuable feedback. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the experience. It is with so much delight to learn as well that you appreciate our products and services as we always aim at providing you with a quality one. We have shared your good words to our team and this will keep them motivated in rendering service excellence at all times.

We would like you to know as well that we truly appreciate your effort in giving your comments as we deem all these important in continuing to improve our brand. Through your valuable feedback, we are able to determine the aspects we are good at, and the areas of concern that we need to look into and give immediate attention and action.

We thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you back here at Midas.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I bought my Midas gold club card last year after first staying in this hotel thinking that their facilities and services are at par with other "posh" hotels in manila. I was so wrong about this. The rooms are really nice, and I love the view in the balcony. What I really hate about this hotel is the service. It took them 3 months to deliver to me my card. For each of these months, I would call their office and ask if my card is ready. They would say yes so I dropped by each time only to be told that it's not yet ready. I was fuming mad each time. I was so disgusted with the service that I only tried to use the free one night accommodation after 7 months. So I called the hotel to book for a room, you know what they told me, all the rooms are full on that day, so I suggested another date, the same response, and so on. It's like they do not want to honor the card. By this time, I told all the people I know how bad the service in this hotel is. So I called again after two months just to use the card because it's about to lapse. Same scenario. Finally, I told them that in a span of two months, what are the free dates. Here's the funny thing, suddenly a room is free the next week. The joke did not end here. So finally they said that the room will be reserved for me. So I asked if they need anything else from me. The operator told me that I need to send an email to their reservations department to finalize the booking. So I asked if they need a scanned copy of the voucher and she said no, they just need the card number. What the F! I told her that I can give her the number through the phone. Why do I need to email them again if they only need the number. I have been to many hotels in the Philippines and abroad and this hotel by far gave me the worst service, to think that I am also a Filipino. Fix your staff. I have been to hotels in developing countries (Cambodia, Lao PDR, etc.) with zero stars but have better service than your hotel. Worst nightmare ever.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Hoseii
Lily A, General Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hi Hoseii,

Firstly, we thank you for taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is with sincere regret to know about your dissatisfaction. We are truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations on us. Please know that we have taken serious note of your comments, rest assured that we are making appropriate actions to avoid recurrence and inconvenience to our valued guests. We sincerely hope that your recent unfortunate encounter will not deter you from coming back, and you will give us the opportunity to show that it is not our brand standard.

Thank you and we look forward to welcome and be of service to you again here at Midas.

LILY ADRID

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

There is a Cafe in the building, but it closes at 10p.m. At the reception they gave us a 40% discount on food and drinks. In the evening was life music at the lobby. There is no shuttle bus to the airport. Taxi costs 350 pesos per one way. I liked staying at this hotel. Room number was 1027 (Executive Double room). Bed was very comfortable and enormous (210 cm wide). Shampoo, hair conditioner etc. are L'occitane. I definitely recommend this hotel for staying.))

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Hi Aida H,

We thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you back here at Midas.

LILY ADRID

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I was checked in from April 6-8, 2017 and i was not happy with the following:
1. cable TV is down only DVD channel 2 is working the restoration takes more than 24 hours that it went up 10am and I have to leave at 12.
2. When I need to make a phone call, I can only get dial tone via speaker phone. I can't enjoy privacy as I speak.
3. Sleeping at midnight is also a challenge as you can hear the loud honking of horns of the trucks from the Roxas Blvd. the sound proofing of the rooms needs to be be addressed to make the guest sleep soundly.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Lily A, General Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Maryvinne,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments. I was very concerned to hear about your recent experience in the hotel. Please accept my deepest apologies for falling short of your expectations. I do admit that we were having some difficulties with our channel provider during the time of your stay. Rest assured that I have taken serious note on your feedback and solutions have been identified to avoid recurrence.

We hope to see you again and create a new pleasant experience with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

WiFi connection keeps on dropping for no apparent reason. No third-party restaurant or dining options nearby; needing to cross Roxas Boulevard for Blue Baywalk or ride a jeepney towards SM Mall of Asia for descent and economical food. The complimentary breakfast buffet is solid though nothing particularly special.

Hotel staff hospitality is excellent.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Stanley Baldwin S,

We appreciate you for choosing to stay with Midas Hotel and Casino. While I was glad to hear that we were able to delight you with our sumptuous breakfast, I was more concerned about the service you have experienced. I have noted your concern and shared it with our I.T Manager, rest assured that this is better handled moving forward.

All the best this summer season to you.