This is my first time staying at Midas Hotel, and definitely won't be the last!
1. BOOKING - Super Easy. I booked through a third party online travel agency the same day of my stay at Midas. I got a very good deal which was way lower than the hotel's published rate, and even got an additional 5% off! (courtesy of online agency). I received my booking confirmation immediately after paying online. I had to call the hotel first before booking though, to confirm if they will honor same day booking thru the site.
2. LOCATION - Very Strategic. Located along Roxas boulevard, just a few minutes walk from San Juan de Dios Hospital (where you will have to get off if commuting through jeepney). The hotel is near Blue Bay Walk where you can find a lot of retail shops and restaurants if you wish to look for variety other than the ones available at the Hotel. All cab drivers/uber/grab services know where Midas Hotel is.
3. CHECK IN - Super Fast. I just showed the front desk personnel my online agency booking confirmation, paid the incidental deposit, then I immediately received my room key and wifi password.
4. ROOM - I made a request upon booking that I get a room on a higher floor, facing the bay. But I was told that there were no Deluxe Rooms currently available that fits my request. So what did they do? They gave me FREE ROOM UPGRADE from Deluxe Room to JUNIOR EXECUTIVE SUITE on the 9th floor. Of course, I accepted (lol).
The room was huge! It didn't have the view I requested, but who cares! Haha, I now have a much bigger and better room. It had 2 double size beds and a couch where you can lounge. There was a flatscreen cable TV, in room cordless phone, and a whole lot more!
The linens were very clean, pillows were soft and cuddly, bed was very comfortable. There was a well supplied mini bar, complete with alcohol and juices for a fee. The incidental deposit for this room is Php3000.00
AC worked well and cooled the room perfectly. You can adjust the temp at the wall controls.
5. RESTROOM - Great but small. I felt this was the only downside of the awesome room I got. The restroom felt very small and people with claustrophobia would feel unease. There was a regular sized bathtub right next to the amazing toilet bowl - because t'was my first time to see a remote controlled bidet complete with dryer (lol) Overall, the bathroom amenities served their purpose without issues.
6. BALCONY - The balcony was huge! The whole corner of the room to be exact. You can host a party in this room and not worry about your friends bumping to each other since there's a lot of space. I'm not sure if you can smoke at the balcony, because the room I requested was a non-smoking room.
7. WIFI - Reliable. The connection was not perfect even though my room had its own wifi router (behind the television). The connection was 80% good, and sometimes intermittent.
8. BUFFET BREAKFAST - Solid! There were a lot of options to choose from. Eclectic choices range from Filipino, European and American. You'll have your breakfast at the Midas Cafe located on the 2nd floor. The hotel staff will just need to confirm your room number and you're good. Make sure you don't wear the hotel slippers because it's not allowed. Regular flip-flops would do.
9. HOTEL STAFF - Very Courteous. Every hotel staff I get to meet eyes with greeted me with a warm with a smile. From the guard at the entrance, to the front desk, to the maintenance staff, and midas cafe. Everyone was very courteous. Kudos!
1. HOTEL HALLWAY - Very dimly lit. I suggest the hotel improve on this, because I felt the hallway looked like a set from a horror film at one point.
I will definitely be back soon, and will also recommend this hotel to everyone I know who needs a place to stay around the area. Two thumbs up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midas Hotel and Casino is the newest design-led lifestyle hotel situated along Roxas Boulevard at the coast of Manila Bay. The hotel is flocked by the Japanese Embassy and San Juan de Dios Hospital. It faces the Bay, a few meters from the intersection of Roxas Boulevard and EDSA. In the tradition of excellence set by the building's former occupants, The Sheraton, Savoy Philippines and Hyatt Regency Manila, this 225-room hotel continues to be THE venue for creating fond memories. Certain details of the original structure have been kept and integrated into the redesign of the building's interiors, creating a fusion of the past and the present in perfect harmony. In the chic and spacious hotel lobby, floor-to-ceiling adobe stone walls and pillars have been layered with chrome and crystals providing a stunning backdrop to its luxurious Italian designer furniture; while a fiber optic chandelier, possibly the only one of its kind in the Philippines, lends dramatic illumination. Throughout the hotel, this statement of modern glam and luxury is carried out in every detail. Midas forward-looking rooms and suites are carefully appointed, chic and have the feel of modern glam. All are pleasantly furnished natural fabrics and are equipped with upscale amenities. Executive floor guests get to enjoy buffet cocktails at the Sunset Lounge from 4 pm to 8 pm while taking pleasure in the sight of the Metropolis. Midas also offers restaurants with first-rate options for opulent enjoyment, each set to weave its own taste of magic - the 2702 Lobby Lounge, Midas Cafe and Yanagi Japanese Restaurant. May it be an end-of-day glass of wine or a cocktail to jumpstart a promising evening, the 2702 Lobby Lounge is definitely the place to go to and be seen at. Aside from the wide selection of cocktails, shooters, liqueurs, wines, and hard spirits, the 2702 Lounge also offers tasty treats and nibbles that will complement whatever drink is at hand. Culinary masters converge at the Midas Cafe to offer guests the ultimate dining experience ever. If the mere sight of palatable items laid out in a long buffet line is already an indulgence, then sinking one's teeth to them can be nothing short of divine. Midas Cafe offers everything from authentic teppan and sushi dishes, to classic Filipino dishes with a modern twist. The contemporary Japanese style at its finest is Yanagi Japanese Restaurant located at the Mezzanine floor of the hotel lobby. Experience a variety of specialties, with a sushi and sashimi bar, a teppanyaki / hibachi station and a la carte dining. Set along the majestic stretch of Roxas Boulevard, Midas Hotel and Casino is a short drive away from the domestic and international airports, convention venues, business districts and commercial areas . . . Airports Terminals • Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminals 1 & 2: 5 kms / approximate driving time: 30 minutes from the hotel • Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminals 3: 5 kms / approximate driving time: 30 minutes from the hotel • Domestic Airport: 5 kms / approximate driving time: 30 minutes from the hotel Convention Venues • SMX Convention Venues: 2 kms / approximate driving time: 15 minutes from the hotel • One Esplanade: 2 kms / approximate driving time: 15 minutes from the hotel • World Trade Center: 3 kms / approximate driving time: 20 minutes from the hotel • Philippine International Convention Center: 3 kms / approximate driving time: 20 minutes from the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Midas Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midas Hotel Pasay
- Midas Hotel And Casino Pasay, Metro Manila