All reviewsexecutive roomsunset loungejapanese embassybuffet breakfastking bedroxas boulevardsm mall of asialobby barrooms are nicefree shuttle servicelate checkan upgradeconvenience storeclose to the airportan overnight staymanila bayhermes
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I bought my Midas gold club card last year after first staying in this hotel thinking that their facilities and services are at par with other "posh" hotels in manila. I was so wrong about this. The rooms are really nice, and I love the view in the balcony. What I really hate about this hotel is the service. It took them 3 months to deliver to me my card. For each of these months, I would call their office and ask if my card is ready. They would say yes so I dropped by each time only to be told that it's not yet ready. I was fuming mad each time. I was so disgusted with the service that I only tried to use the free one night accommodation after 7 months. So I called the hotel to book for a room, you know what they told me, all the rooms are full on that day, so I suggested another date, the same response, and so on. It's like they do not want to honor the card. By this time, I told all the people I know how bad the service in this hotel is. So I called again after two months just to use the card because it's about to lapse. Same scenario. Finally, I told them that in a span of two months, what are the free dates. Here's the funny thing, suddenly a room is free the next week. The joke did not end here. So finally they said that the room will be reserved for me. So I asked if they need anything else from me. The operator told me that I need to send an email to their reservations department to finalize the booking. So I asked if they need a scanned copy of the voucher and she said no, they just need the card number. What the F! I told her that I can give her the number through the phone. Why do I need to email them again if they only need the number. I have been to many hotels in the Philippines and abroad and this hotel by far gave me the worst service, to think that I am also a Filipino. Fix your staff. I have been to hotels in developing countries (Cambodia, Lao PDR, etc.) with zero stars but have better service than your hotel. Worst nightmare ever.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Hoseii
Lily A, General Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hi Hoseii,

Firstly, we thank you for taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is with sincere regret to know about your dissatisfaction. We are truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations on us. Please know that we have taken serious note of your comments, rest assured that we are making appropriate actions to avoid recurrence and inconvenience to our valued guests. We sincerely hope that your recent unfortunate encounter will not deter you from coming back, and you will give us the opportunity to show that it is not our brand standard.

Thank you and we look forward to welcome and be of service to you again here at Midas.

Stay in touch,

LILY ADRID

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

There is a Cafe in the building, but it closes at 10p.m. At the reception they gave us a 40% discount on food and drinks. In the evening was life music at the lobby. There is no shuttle bus to the airport. Taxi costs 350 pesos per one way. I liked staying at this hotel. Room number was 1027 (Executive Double room). Bed was very comfortable and enormous (210 cm wide). Shampoo, hair conditioner etc. are L'occitane. I definitely recommend this hotel for staying.))

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Hi Aida H,

We would like to express our gratitude for staying with us, and for taking time to share your valuable feedback. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the experience. It is with so much delight to learn as well that you appreciate our products and services as we always aim at providing you with a quality one. We have shared your good words to our team and this will keep them motivated in rendering service excellence at all times.

We thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you back here at Midas.

Stay in touch,

LILY ADRID

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I was checked in from April 6-8, 2017 and i was not happy with the following:
1. cable TV is down only DVD channel 2 is working the restoration takes more than 24 hours that it went up 10am and I have to leave at 12.
2. When I need to make a phone call, I can only get dial tone via speaker phone. I can't enjoy privacy as I speak.
3. Sleeping at midnight is also a challenge as you can hear the loud honking of horns of the trucks from the Roxas Blvd. the sound proofing of the rooms needs to be be addressed to make the guest sleep soundly.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Lily A, General Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Maryvinne,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments. I was very concerned to hear about your recent experience in the hotel. Please accept my deepest apologies for falling short of your expectations. I do admit that we were having some difficulties with our channel provider during the time of your stay. Rest assured that I have taken serious note on your feedback and solutions have been identified to avoid recurrence.

We hope to see you again and create a new pleasant experience with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

WiFi connection keeps on dropping for no apparent reason. No third-party restaurant or dining options nearby; needing to cross Roxas Boulevard for Blue Baywalk or ride a jeepney towards SM Mall of Asia for descent and economical food. The complimentary breakfast buffet is solid though nothing particularly special.

Hotel staff hospitality is excellent.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Stanley Baldwin S,

We appreciate you for choosing to stay with Midas Hotel and Casino. While I was glad to hear that we were able to delight you with our sumptuous breakfast, I was more concerned about the service you have experienced. I have noted your concern and shared it with our I.T Manager, rest assured that this is better handled moving forward.

All the best this summer season to you.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Stayed in the Hotel with my husband during the PPS convention...warm welcome was given at us at the hotel lobby. I was initially disappointed at the hotel facade it kind of looked small and vintage. But when u enter inside, it looked somewhat presentable, elegant and unique with the hermes boxes decoration. The hallway going to the hotel rooms was decorated with rustic wall paintings making it look silent and peaceful. The hotel room was crisp but not that clean with the carpet a lil dusty. The knobs at the bathroom look old and hard to operate. We even received notice of shortage of hot water. The electronic keys are always dysfunctional we have to go to the reception twice for replacement.
The buffet breakfast was great everything tasty and superbly cooked i specifically love the soup, congee and the Filipino breakfast but they don't offer routinely tea and coffee as you sat on the table.
We stayed for 4 days three nights and enjoyed the never ending tasty breakfast buffet and one buffet dinner. Plus its just near MOA and the convention areas so no hassle with the traffic of the city. I just wish they have pool or kids area so next time If I bring the kids they won't get bored.

Room Tip: ROOMS facing the MOA side is better
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Malot B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to know that we have delighted you with our breakfast buffet and to our sophisticated lobby. I have relayed your comments to the concerned departments, thus this will motivate us to constantly strive to improve.

Looking forward to another opportunity to extend better service to you.