All reviews infinity pool business suite roberto cavalli nespresso machine sunday mass bedroom suite washer dryer makati skyline soft opening full kitchen ayala ave room service guest services world class separate shower yogurt excellent hotel
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The location of the hotel is excellent for both business and shopping. Access to the shopping centres is a 2 minute walk via a convenient underpass metres from the front door. My room/apartment, (1011) was located on the 10th floor. Security is good with your room key giving access to your floor only. The rooms consisted of a vey well equipped kitchen that included a cook top, microwave, large fridge and even a washing machine dryer. A Nespresso style coffee machine complete with complimentary coffee pods is also provided. The kitchen leads to lounge room with large TV, work desk and comfortable lounge seating. The bedroom is seperate and contains a king size bed, walk through wardrobe and another TV. A well lit, fully supplied bathroom contains both a seperate shower, bath and oh yes yet another TV! Total room size would be more than 60 sq metres. My only slight criticism of this hotel would be the food service in the downstairs restuarant. With 4 guests for breakfast and dinner, meals were brought out from the kitchen at different times with up to a10 minute delay. However, management were very receptive to suggestions and I am confident that this little niggle will soon be resolved. A must do is the fine dining restuarant on the 16th floor. Great food and service at a reasonable price. English is very well understood by all staff and they all seemed genuinely committed to service. Will be my choice of hotel for all future visits.

Stayed: September 2016
DPA_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Glenn B,

Thank you for the detailed walk through of our room and amenities – from the microwave, washing machine, Nespresso machine, to the shower and bath - glad you were able to enjoy all these during your stay.

Flame, our restaurant on the 16th floor, is certainly a must-visit. We appreciate that you enjoyed its cuisine and find it value for your money. We take note of your observation on the service slowdown at Tapenade – we will bring it up with the team.

Our team is always our best asset and it is good to know you found it easy to interact with them and appreciate their commitment to serve.

We look forward to your return and hope to delight you even more.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

It was my first time with Discovery Primea and I was so excited to check-in that is why I arrived around 1:30pm just in time for the 2pm check-in. The heartfelt warm greetings are everywhere as you enter the lobby designed with luxury and you can feel the hospitality of the staff.

CHECK-IN
Customers are in line when I arrived and there were only 3 people handling the check-in. I feel that they are relaxed in talking to customers but not sure if they notice the line is building up. When it was my turn, I was handled by Leona, who speaks really well! She explained to me what room we booked, the upgrade that was done and the price that we are about to pay. She provided me the options and I told her it was cash to be paid upon check-out. I also told her that a credit card was also in the system to assure of the booking. From that time, I am not sure if she just wants to say no, it is not possible, so it took her 5 minutes or more to decide if she'll allow it or not. She even asked her manager about it. Although the manager approved cash payment upon check-out after 10 minutes, I just told her I'll pay in cash since they can't really decide if they will allow me or not.

After check-in, they will accompany you to their Galarmi Lounge where you will be offered welcome drinks. Then Leona assured me that she will give updates once the room is ready. And the long wait started. 15 minutes, no update. 45 minutes, no update. 1 hour and 15 minutes, no update. I went back to the check-in counter to ask for an update and they told me they are checking. 1 hour and 45 minutes, no update. 2 hours, I went back to them to ask for an update. Leona told me that it will take another hour to finish dressing the room. An hour after, I went back to the check-in counter, now with other people complaining of the long wait. Finally, after 3 hours and 20 minutes of waiting, they allowed us to get in to our room. And they just adjusted the time of check-out and gave us some welcome home treats. We thank you for reaching out to to us after the long wait.

-- POINTS OF IMPROVEMENT --
1. If you assured to give updates, then give updates even though you will deliver a bad message. An update would always be appreciated rather than not being informed what is happening.

2. Pamper clients with offerings in the lounge. Well I understand that welcome drinks are complimentary. But together with the updates, you could also offer more complimentary drinks to waiting customers. 3 and 1/2 hours waiting is not a joke. You could have made it at par with the luxury service you are marketing.

ROOM
No, I have no comment in here! The Primea Suite is just too awesome! I was like a kid running all around the 2 bedroom suite taking photos of the beds and even the bathrooms! The bed was so nice and comfy. The TVs are awesome and amenities are also great! I totally love the free coffee you offer! The price of the room treats are a bit steep but the room attendant asked us if we wanted it removed instead.

POOL
The pool is just as awesome as the room! And what I love about it is during the night, it was warm! So it was perfect to relax after a long tiring day. And during the day, the sight of Makati is perfect! The jacuzzi was not working that time but did not bother to ask the pool attendant if we can use it.

BREAKFAST
Okay, okay. Health buffs, this is your breakfast buffet! You have a lot of options from fresh baked breads, to fresh fruits, fresh juices, and yogurts! But that's not it, if you love eating rice, then head to the other side where you can eat your bacon, eggs, and hash browns!

-- POINTS OF IMPROVEMENT --
1. Bacon, it was not consistent. There were bacon that are cooked crispier than the others. What could have done is just to have two separate offerings. One which is crispy then the other one is just the normal fry. People would definitely appreciate that. They are doing that in Solaire buffet.

2. This is not really an point of improvement, but the red sauce with sausage, that doesn't really taste good at all. I am not sure what is that but nah, it is not really good.

CHECK-OUT
Well the room attendant was quick! But really appreciated him for helping us carry our stuff downstairs. The check out was also great and was assisted by Melo. This is much smoother compared to the check-in. What would you expect right?

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
I would say that my check-in with Discovery Primea was great indeed. The only thing is the customer service needs to improved especially when it comes to giving updates to clients and offering something to pamper their frustration. I would definitely come back and spend time with them. I hope some great improvements will be done.

Twitter: @iambkf_
Instagram: @iambkf

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear WhyWouldITravel,

Thank you for your taking the time to post a very detailed review.

It is unfortunate that your welcome experience was not as you had imagined. We certainly will look at ways on how to make check-in more efficient. Agree with you that the feedback process should be handled better so as not to leave guests uncertain. The team shall be reminded on this.

On the other hand, we are glad to note that you enjoyed your room, breakfast at Tapenade and the pool. Our facilities have been thoughtfully designed with guest comfort and convenience in mind.

We are grateful that despite the lapse in service, you still hold us in high regard.

We look forward to being of better service to you on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Went for a friend's party and she has booked a 2 bedroom room. The living space was big and we were about more than 10 people. Kitchen space is big as well. There's also a balcony but heard that not all rooms have balconies. When you get down to the pool area, you'll have an amazing view of the Makati skyline.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Pow R,

Indeed, our 2 bedroom suites offer the luxury of space, perfect for those travelling with families or as groups.

We are happy to note you enjoyed your room and the outdoor pool.

We would be glad to have you back.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Feels like home! Spacious suite for the whole family plus excellent customer service. I personally enjoyed the swimming pool as it overlooks the city. Staff are really nice from the reception to the housekeeping services and all. The interior is also a plus point!

Stayed: July 2016

Dear daeniellelim,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It is our goal to warmly welcome each and every guest and make them feel at home while with us. We are glad we have been able to demonstrate this throughout your stay.

The pool is always a favorite, offering stunning views of the city skyline.

We hope to have the pleasure of having you with us again.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Discovery Primea is a new hotel in Makati. The location is excellent, it is right across the street from Rustan's, a popular department store in Makati, and a short walk to the Greenbelt and Glorietta shops, restaurants and shopping. The steps leading to the underground pedestrian walkway to get across to the shops is right in front of the hotel. This is very convenient except when you have a baby in a stroller. There is only one escalator in each staircase and they are all going up. So unless there are two of you, navigating the stairs with the stroller is a challenge.

The hotel is very clean. Both bedrooms and washrooms, as well as the kitchen in our suite are all very clean and tidy. Service is excellent, and assistance is immediate. I called guest services about the thermostat in our suite and within 5 minutes, someone came up to help us. Staff members are all very respectful, cheerful and helpful. The wait staff at the Tapenade restaurant were extra nice and helpful. We were a family group of 12 adults and 4 children who had breakfast in the restaurant for 5 days. The waiters were very attentive and their service was prompt and thorough. Most notable of them were Rommel, Nas and Anjo.

Perhaps the only negative about this hotel is its Salon on the third floor. I went there for a manicure and pedicure, but ended up getting only the pedicure as I was too scared to get the manicure as well. It was quite unsanitary. The towel they used to wipe the cuticles was dirty; i could see other people's cuticles in it. And on the wedding morning, 6 of us went to have our hair done, and none of us were happy with the results. We could have done a better job doing it ourselves.

In spite of my low rating for the salon, I am still giving this hotel a 5 star because we truly had an enjoyable stay. I understand (as I was told) that the salon is separately operated by another company and as such, I couldn't fault the hotel for the salon's unsatisfactory performance. Hopefully, after reading this review, Primea will address the salon problem.

I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A two-bedroom suite is more cost-effective than two separate rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank GrandmaBaby
DPA_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear GrandmaBaby,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our team.

Rommel, Nas, Anjo and the rest of the Tapenade team appreciate your comments and are delighted they have made your breakfast experience enjoyable. As ambassadors of Filipino hospitality, we take pride in providing exceptional service to all our guests.

We will discuss your feedback with the salon team to ensure these are addressed immediately.

Do let us know when you plan to visit again.