See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We have stayed here only for 1 night but we were so suprised how much comfortable room we get. We were 4 and we get room with 2 bedrooms (one double bed, 2 quite big beds), living room (sofa, coffee table, tv, armchair, dining table with chairs), kitchen (unfortunately with no kitchen gadgets) and 2 bathrooms (unfortunately one without shower head:)) The staff were very kind and helpfull (or at least tried to:)). Only the cleanliness could be better (dont look under the sheet) and they could repair the shower.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Elipoe
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I highly recommend the El Rico Suites, we have been here in the hotel for the last week and have been very happy with the cleanliness of the place, the staff and also the service which we have recieved.

My wife is a particular lady, and therefore everything had to be just right, and it was, clean towels, sheets etc available everyday, room cleaned and everything was left in its place and not disturbed.

The El Rico is not a high class hotel, with Bars and a restauarnt, but more a home away from home that we shall be happy to return to time after time. If you want a plastic, high class hotel, where the staff are plastic too, then don't stay here, But if you wanted to be treated like a member of the family, looked after, cared for then El Rico Suites all the time

Room tip: El Rico is in Makiti City is the business hub of Manila, close to everything, the airport ( 850 pesos for the shuttle ) centrally located on Metropolitan street. The best thing is the wonderful service available to you the hotel guest. Street Vendors, local cafe's, Laundry, etc etc come and stay and enjoy the feeling of a hotel that is just like home
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ashley K
Reviewed 16 September 2011

their photos looked good so i said to my self "hey why not staty here, its cheap, its in makati!"
truth is its not it is quite far from the actual hub of makati.

During my 6 night stay or should i say ordeal in that wretched place. I suffered a faucet that did not work, a shower that was busted and bed that was well worn, it had no cushion anymore. it could not get worse was what i felt. But i spoke too soon. as day later. when i unpacked all my things i was asked to move to a new room which was worse than the last one. Also, the place had no working lift.
this i thought maybe im just being too picky but after the trip i spoke with my friends who were with me and they all said the exact same thing.

WORST HOTEL EVER!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank BOYAPING
Reviewed 24 February 2011

This property is located along Metropolitan Avenue which is really convenient since it's close to 3 fast food chains & a shop wise supermarket. The property is not new but its clean. We reserved a Family suite room at a very affordable rate and I can say it's a bargain & we got a huge room for a party of 5. Our room has a reception area, 2 comfort rooms which is not common for a family room, & 2 bed rooms. The room has 2 sofas, a color TV and a couple of lampshades. It has a huge refrigerator in the kitchen area but no microwave which is kinda disappointing if you want to reheat or cook something. Sleeping comfort is ok though I find the bed a little hard but overall the room served it's purpose. Wifi is only available in the lobby and no connection inside the room. If you're travelling in a group I highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank LOVEME2011
Reviewed 26 September 2010

the price is affordable unfortunately there is no wi-fi but staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are spacious and clean, location is not good but near big supermarket and very accessible to shopping malls, our stay was candidly good.

Date of stay: September 2010