“Outstanding”
other travellers have booked this property
Gramercy Residences Lobby Atrium and Lobby Area with 24 hours concierge
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Gramercy Residences Lobby
Atrium and Lobby Area with 24 hours concierge
8 high speed elevators
Access card to the elevators for STRICT security
Fitness Center ( Gym, Pilates Area, Lockers, Sauna & SPA )
Skypark has 3 pools ( infinity, lap pool and kid's pool with movie area)
video game room
game room
Movie Room
Skypark cafe for quick bites and drinks
public restrooms
1 bedroom Unit with balcony, HIGH FLOOR, fully air conditioned living room
kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, rice cooker, electric water kettle
Glassware, dinnerware, kitchenware & silverware included
Fridge with welcome drinks: bottled water, sodas in can & canned juices
Dining Area seats 2 people
Bedroom with A/C, queen sized bed, pillows and sheets
PLDT landline for local calls, TELPAD for your internet needs, fiber optic highspeed internet WiFi
Bathroom: Hot & cold shower, hand bidet and towels included
STUDIO type units ALSO AVAILABLE at a lower rate
STUDIO type units ALSO AVAILABLE at a lower rate
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 8 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

I have no idea what drugs the last review was on. i have travelled for 29 years and I have lived in a lot of various places, I reckon I have a good handle on whats good and whats to avoid. From the moment I walked through the door I felt right at home. The place was clean has a great view and made a good first impression. Me and my fiancee lived in the apartment for 18 days. Concierge is very strict and can be a bit unsettling at first, but once they get to know its a lot kore relaxed. The building is near to a lot of tourists with entertainment and in the Makati avenue. I had a great experience and communication with Erica and McKane. I have absolutely no complaints with this place and I highly recommend to stay there if you are wanting a home from home.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendliness of the hosts
Liked least: Too many tourists with prostitutes in the building.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
11 Mar 2015
Hi James,

Thank you for being a wonderful guest. I'm so glad you like Gramercy. You will always have a home in Makati the next time you visit :-)

Warm Regards,

Erica
PrincessC...
“Nightmare Apartment in Makati, Manila Philippines”
Reviewed 17 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

I use Travelocity and Homeaway/Vrbo All over the world extensively. I have Never placed a bad rating or ever had a real bad experience until this rental! This is because I only choose class buildings and upscale houses.....

I am in shock that I arrived and entered today from Naples Florida to Manila Philippines to rendezvous with my fiance who has been crying 2 days and had checked in 2 days before me but refused to sleep in this Nightmare apartment in a class Manila Makati Building called The Gramercy....it was so bad she left to sleep with cousins in her disbelief, then my disbelief of this product.

The owner refuses to answer trans Pacific text messages and phone calls from Manila to San Diego California at my $1.00 a minute cost! She offered an immediate refund which I have accepted then refuses to answer her mobile and answer text messages to credit my Paypal account for refund....by the way she cheats Paypal by getting payments directly as if to friends and family instead of paying legal Paypal fee.!!!

There are 4 lights out, no lamps in the spartan, low level 1 star furnished apartment in 5 star building....I have to go to lobby to even see my keyboard to send this review!

The computer is useless to see to use with no light. There is Not even a movable lamp in the apartment to see or move from place to Place!!!!!!!

1st the lights working or Not are of such low wattage to conserve energy you can't read a book even under a working light, nevermind a kitchen, dining and bathroom quad area with nothing working. So we are sitting in dark with only 3 low level mini lights working and building engineering can't make replacements without owner supplying correct bulbs at Owner's expense

There are ants, dead roaches under bed and sofa and in corners, mold in shower and bathroom from months of no attention in high and low spots, shower doors glass all filmed with grime.....plus veery light level in bathroom, 1 working, 1 not working is so low Superman could not see enough to clean and sanitize the bathroom which has also odor and unsanitized result.

You want to shave/ put on makeup....Impossible....you can't see.....and that gives a picture of how can the cleaner clean!!

We took a couple of paper towels with damp condition and each one was black with dirt pickup......the floor looks resonably well but in fact is filthy.

There is an internet side and TV side with nice equipment but with a nickel and dime connection system from the 60"s and no capacity. A beautiful Sony HDTV Flatscreen with No High Definition reception because there is no HDMI cable connected but rather a 30 year old model 3 color cable connection and only yellow is connected and NOT blue and red....it is a wonder the TV even goes on! It is a Joke! The CD player doesn't work!

The kitchen is dirty, the glasses in the cabinets and utensils dirty and unsanitzied and filmy.....it is clear that there has been months of low level ineffective and terrible kitchen attention.

The electrical plug layout in living and dining arreas was designed and installed sub par by the builder but could have been fixed with 2 power strips of the 21st century and $20.00
Right now the TV and CD player and modems and routers are connected like a Kindergarden child was working with the wrong legos building blocks

The worst part is that the Owner is agressive from afar, and unresponsive, wanted us to give/receive refund and leave, then when we accepted, then she disappeared and refused to answer or communicate with us.

We are forced to make a Police report and to go over these issues with Building Senior management today Sunday and then further Monday.

If you want a 3rd rate 1 star apartment and throw your money away take this place, or pass it and take another unit with class management by owner who cares and provides and doesn't HIDE

Now get this! We as a couple are Only issued 1 key to elevator security and entrance door....????? did you ever experience that?.....we have to hide keys or make arrangeements between my fiance and I how to get in and out if 1 of us goes alone shopping and the other is in different place including restaurants or the pool/gym!!!!

Be forewarned, this is an unkempt, mismanageged, low quaility spartan terribly decorated nightmare apartment and you are best advised to pass on it and get what you pay for

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location of building and building amenities
Liked least: An Owner who in our mind is a crook
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Mar 2015
I was dealing with a man named John who rented my unit & I kicked him out! Two days before check in, he called me to say his fiance dumped him so he asked me to remove her from d lease. I asked who will we give the keys to(the fiance was suppose to check in early) & he said 2 girls named Viva & Lerrie would check in instead. In the middle of our conversation,this guy FORGOT WHO I WAS & why we were speaking! HE THOUGHT I WAS A DIFFERENT PERSON!!! In the middle of our conversation as I was explaining to him the check in process, he began telling me the first time he met me blah blah blah...I was so confused because I have never met him personally. So I told him we haven't me yet. So he asked my "who are you???what's your name?" I have to explain to him I was the owner of the unit he wanted to rent and that I was just telling him about the check in process 5 minutes ago. That rang a bell! I was so shocked because this is the first time this happened to me so I was concerned.

Anywasy, we checked Viva ( the first girl) in & everything went smooth. She inspected the unit & had no complaints. She told my property mgr that "she was scared coz she doesnt want to be alone w/ John who will arrive in 2 days & that she doesnt even know who the other girl (Lerrie) that she's supposed to share the unit w/ for 2 nights. Lerrie was suppose to arrive later.

The next day I got an email from John asking me "why my apartment is EMPTY & UNUSUALLY BARREN". I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK COZ I THOUGHT I GOT ROBBED. I frantically called Viva & was about to send security but she emailed me DAY 2 at 2am that she's in the unit & the unit is ok except a few bulbs went out & she doesn't know what John was talking about. I have it on email!

The next day, John arrived & complained about every single thing! He said it was so dark coz of the busted bulbs (later did I found out that the power was actually OUT & the whole building was running on generator that's why only a few lights were working). There was a busted bulb but he was implying that he cant even see even the keyboard of his computer even with the generator on! THE POWER IS OUT! You're lucky we have generators! Then he complained TV & dvd not working, complained about everything, even the materials used by the contractors in the building!!!!

When i asked him to take a picture of everything he's complaining about, he ranted he's a fighter pilot, an architect & an engineer so there are no need for pictures!!! When I sent my property mgr to check the tv and the dvd,everything was working!!! So she asked him what is the problem & he said "NEVER MIND!!!"
How can a jet fighter pilot, an architect and an engineer find it very difficult to figure out a Sony TV and dvd player which I bought from the US????

He complained about not having an HDMI cable but it clearly states in my ad "YOU have to provide your own cable like HDMI". Also in the signed lease agreement, it was highlighted there that ONLY 1 set of keys will be provided" Clearly, this man doesnt know how to read. When he started complaining about all this I immediately send him all the highlighted parts in the paperworks he signed before paying, showing that all these was WRITTEN AND INFORMED WELL AHEAD OF ARRIVAL.

He complained about the wattage of the lights when ALL the UNITS in GRAMERCY Residences has the SAME LIGHT FIXTURES!!! We bought the unit fully furnished by Gramercy Residences and ALL the units are the same. He claimed he was a regular tenant of Gramercy so I was really confused when he complained about the lights, wattage, building etc...when ALL units are the same!

I was the one who asked him to leave my unit! I immediately told him I will refund him IN FULL if the unit is not the right fit for him and HE SAID NO!!!! He said he doesn't want to leave and we can work it out. So I said "Fine, it that is what you want. I have to go to work." Next thing I know, I have 50 messages and missed calls from him saying "He wanted his money and he is filing a police report" and began threatening me.

First of all, if all the things we was complaining about were true, why didnt he took a picture of the dead bugs & send it as evidence when I asked? I want to see if for myself! Is that wrong?

He said unit is dirty but the girls already used the unit 2 days b4 he arrived. Then claimed the girls did not use the unit at all! But when I emailed Viva the next day at 1 am she said she was in the unit!So which one is which???

He said he spent $1/txt on me but he uses I-MESSAGE w/c is free!! He sends 40 txts/call at 2am!I am sleeping at 2am!

There was NO police report filed either!!! I checked!!! This man lies like his life depends on it! I even checked with management!!! They did not even call or contact me when he was complaining coz he is very unreasonable and was bullying the building staff. I will not have someone like this in my HOME! For $62 a night, you can find a cheap motel and stay there. My home is furnished with love and care and I spent a lot of money in that investment and I will not let someone for $62 ruin it. I will give you $62 a night to get out!

Then my property manager saw my pillows inside his luggage when he was leaving so she asked him to give it back! So he threw the pillows in the floor and slammed the door! DO NOT rent this man in your apartment!!!! I have already informed my Home Owners Association about this man so they know not to rent him their units.
Matthew G
Mahboula, Kuwait
“Just plain good”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Stayed in this place in the first part of June.

Pros:
Clean
Air conditioning is sufficient
Good sized tv with all the ports you would need
Really great of the owner to leave an instruction booklet of how to do this/that and policies and procedures
Starter kit of drink/food items
Good bed - comfy with enough sheets and pillows
Good internet speed/ability to connect (if you ever had crappy internet, you will appreciate this more)
You'll appreciate the good location of the property. A SM grocery store is a minutes walk away, the Century Mall is literally connected to the Gramercy. Its a good/growing mall. The movie theater was very pleasing. Glorietta is close (Manila traffic is the great decider in this factor)
Concierge service is respectful and helpful

Cons:
Not that it should be used, but there was no tv in the bedroom
Minor internet issues (loose cable, wifi extension decided it would stop working until a reboot)

Recommendations:
There is a good laundry service, but based upon how often you visit them, you may want to consider bringing extra towels..don't forget, you will sweat in the Philippines
Check with the owner of where your parking spot is located. Security/Parking informed me with incorrect information

If you or the driver are unsure of how to get to the Gramercy, use a GPS program such as Waze. This is no fault of the owner or the complex, just helpful information. Honestly its quite simple, go up Makati Avenue until you reach Kalayaan.

Extra:
Gym staff informed me that the gym I went to (37th floor) was the only one on the property. This is doubtful, but I just wanted a place to work out. So concerning this gym, its sufficient. A few cardio machines (bike, treadmill, glider), the free weights section is adequate (I believe the highest is 25kg), a small middle/core/ab section and a few thigh/calf machines. One squat rack
---I only went to one gym inside the Gramercy so my experience is limited.

Outside staff is generally helpful. There are carts to bring your bags up. They usually go hail you a taxi. Only once when did we ask for a taxi did a guard point us to the street.
This is not a problem as taxis are driving by and constantly pulling into the gramercy. (At least during daylight hours, not sure about night time)

Didn't use the pool. It looks clean and inviting.

Summary:

At the end of the day it was a pleasure to return to this residence. There are no substantial faults with this accommodation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location of the property.
Liked least: Nothing to report
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
16 Jul 2014
Thank you for the wonderful input. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. All pros and cons are warmly appreciated. The next time you visit Manila, I do hope you would consider to stay in my property again and avail the "Returning Guests" Promos. Thank you again for being a wonderful guest and for taking care of my home.
jryanvisu...
Sydney, Australia
“The perfect home away from home. Five star luxury without the hefty cost”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

When my partner and I were looking to take our first trip together in Manila, we started looking into vacation rentals as a very cost-effective solution to accomodation. We were amazed at the places that were on offer, and most of all, at the price. Why would anyone stay at a five star hotel when you can hire a vacation rental that had just as as great, if even better, facilities?

From the moment we saw pictures of this rental, we were impressed. It stood out as having the best facilities, the cleanest room, and the most ideal location. Other rentals listed here and other sites were vague, but Erica, our contact, gave us everything we needed to know from the get-go. It's always a great sign when the owner has nothing to hide about the rental you're about to stay in.

When it came time to stay at the Gramercy Residences, it became apparent that we struck gold. My partner and I were impressed from the moment we stepped into the lobby. Being from Sydney, Australia, where real estate isn't exactly easy to come by, we're not exactly used to big, open spaces for hotel lobbies. The huge waterfall greeting you at the entrance and the friendly staff at reception made sure our first impression was a grand and welcoming one.

When we texted Erica that we had arrived, she stepped up our experience even more. I failed to mention that we were delayed by the infamous Manila traffic from the airport, but I had told Erica that we would be arriving there at a given hour. She was very patient and stayed in the premises until we actually arrived. She is also personally, one of the friendliest, warmest people I've ever met. We were obviously hoping our host was very gracious, but she would go above and beyond for us for the remainder of our stay.

The property itself was amazing. It was the perfect size for us, and we were glad to know that our host placed hygiene at the utmost importance. My partner and I place a high priority on the cleanliness of any place we stay. Needless to say, our expectations were exceeded. Everything was spotless.

The feeling and environment of the property was also fantastic. There was a coziness to the condo, while retaining its 'five star' feeling. It had an abundance of natural light from the view outside. It is well furnished, from the kitchen, living / dining area, and the bedroom. There are two air-conditioners, one in the bedroom and one in the living room area, so you'll never get hot (which is important given the usual humidity of Manila). It was a great feeling, staying at such a luxurious place while feeling like it was our home at the same time.

After our initial meet up in the property, our host Erica gave us a warm welcome and a pleasant stroll around the facilities once we had put our bags down. Nothing could prepare us for the beauty of the facilities. Since the Gramercy Residences only opened a year or two before our stay, everything had that 'brand new' and cutting edge feeling.

Highlights of the Gramercy include the swimming and spa area, which is one whole floor in the building dedicated to swimming pools (which also has a nice cafe), the games rooms, and the gym at the level above the swimming pool area.

The swimming pool area itself has to be experienced. This is a large, outdoor area with three swimming pools - one for general amusement, a lap pool, and a kids pool. Throughout this space are a sort of 'hanging garden' full of greenery, giving the space a lively and natural atmosphere. We spent a lot of time in this area during our stay, especially by the main pool, as there are comfortable day couches that you can relax in. These day couches even had a little 'hood' on it, so if you want a little bit of privacy or shade, you had that option.

There are also steam rooms in each respective change room, which is something I personally enjoy as a way to cleanse out the sweat and relax. The pool area overall became our usual hang out, particularly the cafe, where we became regulars. The only negative I can mention is that once you start hanging out here, you lose the motivation to go outside and see the rest of what this amazing, colourful city has to offer. Why brave the traffic and smoke to grab a bite when you can just go to the cafe and chill out at the pool?

Having a gym nearby or at the facilities of the property was important for us. We did not want to succumb to the weight we'd no doubt put on in a country famous for delicious treats that aren't particularly healthy. The gym was similar to the condo, in that it was very clean and ordered. It was also not very busy, which is great if you want first dibs on the squat rack and the bench when you step inside. It had everything we needed to keep fit, from the weights, to the running machines, and a nice stretching area. The stereotype of hotel or residence gyms is that it's nothing but a corner of room with a rowing machine here and there if you're lucky, but the Gramercy's gym was honestly a lot nicer than the gym I pay for back home.

The games room was great too, and hugely recommended if you're travelling with little ones with fickle entertainment tastes. It was also a great place to hang out if you have friends over, as there is a pool table area as well as videogames in another room.

Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better stay in this amazing country. The room was perfect, the facilities kept us relaxed and entertained, and our host had amazing customer service. In fact, after our stay, we were going to Boracay and Cebu for a week and a half, before going back to Manila. We had planned to just improvise where we would stay after the Boracay/Cebu trip, but Erica offered us the property again at the same rate that we had paid for, for the remainder of our stay in Manila. Our second stay here was of course, exactly the same - of the highest standard.

The Gramercy Residences is a wonderful place to stay in Manila. The perfect blend of amazing facilities, comfort, and luxury. When I hear that one of my friends is staying in Manila, this property will always be the first recommendation I give.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The room, the pool area, the gym, the steam room
Liked least: If I had to pick, I think the cafe could provide a little more variety in terms of food
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
16 Jul 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments. Im so glad you enjoyed my home. Thank you for treating it and taking care of it as your own. You will always be welcome to stay whenever you return to Manila in teh future.
Dom C
Singapore, null, Singapore
“An interesting experience”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

For those who haven't tried condo living, this is well worth a try. If anything, it is an interesting and novel experience that differs from the usual hotel or serviced residence option.

Everything that has been advertised by the owner is true. In other words, you can look forward to the various features & amenities as advertised.

The owner herself is easily contactable and ever-ready to solve problems relating to the condo as and when they arise.

On the whole, the unit is tastefully furnished and decorated with simple touches that give it a 'homely' feel.

A note of caution - It's good to read through the information folders provided by the owner on the Dos & Don'ts of the unit as you're probably have to exercise more responsibility here than staying in a hotel.

Travelling group: Solo
12 Jul 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Again, I can't thank you enough for choosing our property. I am glad we met your expectations. I will keep on adding a few more touches of 'home' in the future. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I hope to see you again when you visit Manila in the future.

Warm Regards,

Erica
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing