Somerset Olympia Makati
US$ 54
US$ 128
US$ 110
Agoda.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$ 54
  • Pool
US$ 96
US$ 85
Priceline
All reviewsswiss innayala trianglewalking distancefull kitchenbreakfast was includedshopping malls and restaurantspleasant stayenjoyed my stayconvenience storebooked this hotelthe ground floorrooms are spaciouslocation is greathome away from homeyogurtgreen beltbusiness district
Reviewed 2 October 2015

Staff are very accommodating, rooms smell fresh and the internet connection are very strong this is one of the requirements needed by businessmen and most of all room service is very good and the location is very strategic and accessible to all shopping malls.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Sue P, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear Brig0216,

Thank you for choosing Somerset Olympia Makati and for sharing your wonderful feedback here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted with your comments about our staff, apartment, internet and location. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and I will gladly share it with the team.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Somerset Olympia Makati.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Stayed in an executive room - paid about 100USD inc tax and charges.
Pros: Large room: kitchen/dinner with large fridge freezer, 2 burner hob, microwave, 4 seater dining table, settee and small table. Good storage. Bedroom was comfortable. Lots of wardrobe space. Good air-conditioning in both rooms. Good internet. Good location with proximity to the main business and shopping/dining areas in Makati.

Cons: Bathroom was a nightmare. No shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, not even a shower cap. The shower was hand-held only over a tiny bath - so could not even have a proper shower (nor bath). As I have a shoulder injury which means I cannot hold my arm above my head I could not wash my hair in the shower at all. Water was very cold.. then very hot for about 2 minutes, then it went cold again - so "shower" fast!
Breakfast, as everyone else indicated, was a huge disappointment. There is a little salad (who eats salad for breakfast?), a few what I can only assume are "local" dishes like vegetable fritters and chicken (who eats that for breakfast either?); some uninspiring omelettes and basic pancakes. Two cereals, 2 kinds of cut fruit (one nice, one utterly unripe and inedible). Some revolting white bread (you have to ask for a knife to spread the butter it's not standard) and plastic jam. Some yogurt (I think). That's about it. No bacon, no sausages, no other cooked western foods at all (just the omelettes). Yuck. Luckily I'm on a diet or i would have been even more unhappy.
VERY noisy. The road noise from Makati Avenue, which is a one of the busiest streets in Manila was constant day and night.

In summary - this hotel would be easy to improve. Add a few bathroom amenities (including a shower holder); add some double glazing and fix breakfast and it would be a pretty great place to stay. As it is - not so much.

Room Tip: As far away from the main road as possible I would guess
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Sue P, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Dear fairhsa,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding regarding our "large rooms" and good location. Your compliments inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that guests have come to expect.

I am pleased to inform you that the bathroom amenities that you may have found lacking in your apartment are "Items on Request". You may dial "0" for Operator to assist you with your requests. Breakfast on the other hand is a continuous process of improvement that we hope to address in partnership with our breakfast provider.

I have noted and discussed all your comments and observations to the team. We always appreciate the guests’ feedback of our property with an intention to continually improve our service. Thus, I am sorry to hear that you found some aspects of your stay disappointing. Rest assured I have taken necessary actions to address these issues.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices and for your valuable feedback. I hope to welcome you back to Somerset Olympia Makati soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

This service apartment has friendly staff, which are willing to help and greet you most of the time. Apartment is big and there is free wifi service available in the room. The bed in the middle part a bit hard but overall is okay. TV channels and satellite tv are sufficient but can be improved as some channels are not available. Housekeeping done a good job as well. View of our room is nothing but to another building.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Sue P, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Dear Gan A,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Somerset Olympia Makati. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with very a heartwarming feedback. Your compliments will be shared with the team as it's always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service.

We are pleased to know that you have found our property to your liking, especially our "friendly staff which are willing to help" and that you do appreciate our very spacious rooms. We do our best in ensuring the property is well-maintained and it gives us great pleasure when our guests take notice.

I have noted your observations on the TV channels. Please be assured that I have coordinated this to cable service provider for proper action.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again at Somerset Olympia Makati.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

This is place actually nice except the smell of construction dust all over. After the work is done, I guess the place will seem nicer. The hotel staff is very friendly, professional and helpful. Rooms are spacious(actually depends on which room you take!)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Sue P, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear dpri10,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Somerset Olympia Makati. Thank you for sharing a feedback about your recent stay experience with us. Your comments inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that guests have come to expect. I have noted your compliments "hotel staff is very friendly, professional and helpful", and will share this with the team.

Regarding the smell of construction dust, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused during your stay. The renovation of the commercial space should no longer be a source of dust or noise pollution by the end of the year as it will be opening its doors to house a school for special needs children. Rest assured we have also relayed the concerns to the contractor so they can better manage the works being done.

It is our commitment to continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service and products to our residents. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Dear Olympia Somerset,

As I’m preparing to leave Manila after a year of working here, I cannot depart without thanking Miss Nabuya for her hard work and pleasant personality. She has been my housekeeper for most of this time. Not only does she do an excellent job on my room, but she is a warm and caring person when I run into her. She has made my stay seem more like visiting family than being a foreigner in a strange land.

Like all the staff, she’s always concerned about my well-being and comfort. I will miss her friendly, professional attitude and her hard work when I depart. I travel all over the world and rarely have I seen someone so dedicated to making a room sparkle. She’s a big asset to Somerset Olympia and you should appreciate her and her labors.

Please pass on my thanks to her for her outstanding work. I know she will do well at whatever she decides to do in her career, but for now Somerset Olympia is very lucky to have her representing your hotel.

With appreciation,

Mr. Tom Howard, D45
_____________

Room Tip: Treat the staff nicely and they'll spoil you rotten.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Sue P, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Dear Mr. Howard,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Somerset Olympia Makati. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with very a heartwarming feedback. Your compliments have been shared with Lovely and the team as it's always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service.

On behalf of all the staff at Somerset Olympia Makati, we were honored to have you as our resident. Thank you once again for making us your preferred accommodation choice in Manila. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Sincerely yours,