3,007 results
All reviews horizon club shang palace lobby lounge breakfast buffet health club business trip excellent hotel rooms are spacious business district business hotel five star hotel green belt makati area glorietta mall mango circle sage
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel with attentive service, walkable location to many sites and shopping and variety or restaurants nearby.

Consider the executive rooms and check your booking to see if it included laundry, nicer bathroom amenities like toothbrushes, fruit daily and the expansive breakfast.

The drivers were amazing and courteous too. The pool had nice long hours with both wet and dry saunas that were often quiet.

A great stay!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear WaterlooDad,

Thank you for your excellent review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I am glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and I am pleased to know that our facilities and services suited you well. I will definitely share your commendations with my team. It is because of valued guests such as yourself that we always strive to give guests our best services and provide nothing but the highest standards in hospitality.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

As a hotelier,two thumbs up for the cleanliness both rooms,hallway,and other area of this hotel.fast check in and check out,
But a little bit pricey for a deluxe room?im not sure coz a bit small room.
We try there lunch buffet at circle restaurant, foods are great but with a limited choices.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear c-jhay05,

Thank you for your detailed review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I am glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our facilities and our services suited you well. I have take note of your comments and I will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Shangri-La is one of my favorite hotels when I visit Manila. However, it is starting to show its age and needs renovations.The rooms no longer looked in tip top condition like they did before. But aside from its physical appearance, the staff especially those in dinning we’re still gracious and very hospitable. Kristin and Michael G made eating at The Golden Circle for 3 mornings a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. The food was already delicious and outstanding, but both of them went out of their way , like getting archaea and having pinacbet made for my wife, that made us feel special. Thanks to both of them!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Letran66,

I would like to thank you for your continued support and loyalty to the Shangri-La brand. I truly appreciate your feedback about our rooms because it is clear that you want us to be aware of what we can do to make things better at the hotel. I have take note of your comments and I will definitely share your commendations with my team specifically with Kristin and Michael. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a wonderful week ahead!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Stayed there 3 nights. Everything was first class, Beautiful rooms, and the upgrade to the Horizon club was well worth the extra cost. Service and staff were incredible. Nothing was too much trouble.
The breakfast was unbelievably good, there was so much choice, and the staff were very helpful.
This is definitely the best hotel we have stayed at in the Philippines.

Room tip: Upgrade to Horizon Club
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear mikek123,

Thank you for your "superb" review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I am glad that our facilities and services suited you well. I truly appreciate your kind words about our our Horizon Club and warm and friendly staff. I will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently for our wedding anniversary and booked their Wonderful Weekend package. To start off, check in can be as early as 10am but we arrived at the property at noon, check in was a breeze and as expected it is ready. Upon reaching our room at the 19th floor, the tippy tent had already been set up, as well as the kiddy mini bar and an additional surprise is a cake and wine for our anniversary. There were also kiddy slippers and kiddy robe set up in the closet. The kids enjoyed the tent so much that they spent the night inside it. The room is showing its age but nonetheless it is clean and everything is in order, with a large flat screen and a DVD player, also you can actually borrow DVD movies and board games as part of the package. I just hope that when they thought of renovating the rooms in the future, they consider to add more sockets for charging multiple devices. There were also kids activities from 3-5 pm on both Saturdays and Sundays, they enjoyed decorating their own cupcakes and cookies and did some artwork and while they were busy with the activities, us adults had a delectable afternoon tea at the Lobby Lounge. Breakfast is also included as part of the package and we had it at the Circles buffet, food spread was definitely improved from the last time we went. We definitely had a relaxing time without us rushing the next day that we need to check out at noon because the Wonderful Weekend gives us the opportunity to stay longer until 4 pm. More time to lounge around, more time at the swimming pool and we get to do the activities the following day.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dbtgo

Dear dbtgo,

Thank you for your "wonderful" review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I am glad that we were able to make your anniversary extra special during your stay with us. I appreciate your praise for our Wonderful Weekend package and I am delighted to know that your family enjoyed our facilities and services. I will definitely share your commendations with my team. It is because of valued guests such as yourself that we always strive to give guests our best services and provide nothing but the highest standards in hospitality. It is our pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a wonderful week ahead!