Guijo Suites Makati
US$ 176
US$ 104
The Peninsula
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 118/night.

City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$ 54
US$ 54
Agoda.com
US$ 106
Trip.com
All reviewsquiet streetpremier suitetaxi driverfast food restaurantscomplimentary watersmall hotelfree breakfastsmoking areaaffordable hotelnice breakfastwalking distancecomfy bedan overnight staymakati citychecking inwifitaxis
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Beautiful, safe, clean, good wifi, happy staff, friendly guest, good food, great value. You are lucky to stay here. I loved my stay even though I did not enjoy manila, I enjoyed this hotel. Try one night and you will most likely love it.

Room Tip: First floor if you smoke
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I stayed for 2 nights, the hotel is clean, the room has a decent size and the wi-fi worked fine throughout the stay, the breakfast is just basic, nothing special.

Staff was just ok, they were professional but not really friendly and helpful. I requested an early check-in but waited around 3 hours to get it. I could see many guests checking-out while waiting on the reception and couldn’t understand why they just found a room available at around 1pm. I’ve already worked in a hotel and can easily say that, based on the number of guests checking out, they could manage to get our room ready earlier than they did.

Apparently, I’ve just got a room because I followed up with the reception to check if there is any available, it seemed that they had forgotten my request for the early check-in.

Other than this, the room service staff was a little bit lost, the first time I ordered food I just signed the receipt to pay on the check-out as I was expecting. The second time, I was told that I should pay by the moment food was delivered because the restaurant and hotel are different legal entities (?), I insisted to pay on the check out and he agreed.

The location is good but not excellent, you can find some restaurants nearby (most of them fast food) but if you are looking for more options you will need to catch a taxi (around 15 minutes ride) to the shopping malls.

Apart from the minor complaints everything went fine.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were only in town for a few days and I have to say..what a great little hotel.
Pros- staff,quiet,clean comfortable room,restaurants near by (5mins walk) ,hotel breakfast and the hotel restaurant.
No cons.
Would love to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank james694
Reviewed 7 January 2018

As a hotelier, I have a more critical eye with the hotels I visit. So far, this hotel is one of the few that gave me a pleasant surprise. It met my expectations of what a proper hotel should be: reasonably priced, good and well kept rooms and amenities, hospitable staff and good location.

The hotel is very charming. I liked the clever use of space and decor. I would say it would cater more to backpackers and millennials.

Pros:
- Value for money; the price is very reasonable
- Very clean rooms
- Very good bed and pillows
- Free wifi
- Reasonably priced food
- Trendy decor
- Very good, friendly, well-trained and efficient staff (despite having few staff than most hotels, the staff on duty knows their work well and are willing to go the extra mile)
- Location is great for a city tour or staycation
- Toiletries are good quality and substantial (even has cotton pads, buds and shaving kit)
- Clean towels
- Breakfast buffet is very nice and complete (the sausage was a bit too sweet though)

Cons:
- No parking aside from those in front of the building
- No complimentary water set-up in the room (front desk told me that its upon request; I had to dispute the charges of the 2 bottles of water I consumed thinking it was complimentary)
- No slippers (in my room at least)
- Bathroom exhaust was a bit too loud
- The charming outside dining area has mosquitoes (as told by the dining staff when they discouraged me to take my dinner there)
- No swimming pool
- No gym

Over all, I had a great staycation and I would definitely go back to this hotel despite not having a pool and gym. I would also recommend this hotel to everyone who would like to stay in Makati. I am at all praises for the hotel's cleanliness and staff. Thank you and well done.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Great for the price, has everything (all necessary amenities, an ok size of the room, free fast internet, free breakfast, being in Makati, very accessible (Taxi are all over the adjacent streets), walking distance to many shopping/groceries/restaurants, quiet, and friendly staff). It is not a 5 star but is really good value for the money you pay. They had a note inside the room with strict fees in case of staining the linens or towels, it was the first time i see such a thing in a hotel, but i guess it could be addressed to a certain type of guests, so it was just a note / No worries. The check-in/check-out time process was super fast and friendly, they did not even ask for deposit. Will go back again.

Room Tip: bed away from air condition
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple