“Excellent Halo Halo Dessert”
Review of MilkyWay Cafe

MilkyWay Cafe
Ranked #49 of 1,605 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Milky Way Café, opened in December 2002, is a creation from Chef J. Gamboa of Cirkulo Restaurant. Going back to his roots, Chef J. Gamboa wanted to create a dining and meeting space with nostalgic highlights, incorporating details from Milky Way's 40 year history. The result is a bright and airy space designed by Arch. Gary Coscolluela. Narra walls, granite counters, molded ceilings, soliha chairs, black and ivory flooring define the restaurant's old world charm. Shelves are filled with special home-made products from Milky Way's line of preserves and native delicacies.The Milky Way Café offers an international menu typical of hotel coffee shops, without the 5-star prices. There is a wide selection of Filipino dishes that Milky Way is famous for, prepared by the original cooks from the 1960s. Favorites include Crispy Hito with Bagoong and Mustasa, Baby Crispy Pata, the Award Winning Milky Way Kare Kare, US Bistek Tagalog, Tokwa't Baboy, Pancit Luglug, Dinuguan at Puto and not to be missed are the Milky Way Halo Halo and Homemade Ice Creams.The Café is open Mondays to Saturdays from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm. Its intimate setting is ideal for lunch, merienda, and dinner with the family or for business. Function rooms for 10 to 200 Persons, free basement parking and elevator access are available.
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We came here on my last day in Manila to have a small merienda after driving around the city. Underground parking was easy to enter and had many spaces available. From there it was up two flights of stairs.

We were quickly seated and reviewed he menu. There was a lot of good Filipino dishes in the menu. We decided to eat lightly and ordered pancit luglug. It was on the smaller side but it was tasty and had a good balance between noodles and sauce with the requisite egg slices and crumbled chicharrons (fried pig skin). The chicharrons were crunchy unlike some other places.

The main reason for coming here were the desserts. Leche flan, sago gulamon, chocolate torte and of course Halo Halo. This was one of the more flavorful Halo Halo I have eaten in awhile. The layers of red and green gelatin, red bean, macupuno, ube ice cream, shaved ice, flan, pinipig and so much more when combined together made this a wonderful dessert. No wonder my kids raved about it before I got here.

Will be back.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 7 November 2017

It's the very reliable Filipino comfort food place. What's a must have?
SPECIAL HALO HALO! The Ox tongue or Dila is likewise a must have. Others, plain Ube ice cream.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I really like the ice cream here. Favorites are avocado which I have with mango. Ginumis ice cream is spectacular. If you're an avocado ice cream lover, I suggest you buy the half gallon! I wish they sold other flavors in half gallons. Food is kind of hit or miss. I like the crispy hito and a few other dishes but I just can't remember what they are at the moment. Disappointed by their pancit molo especially considering they're Ilonggo. I like that they let you order food from their other restaurants in the building. I recommend the sisig and the three mushroom paella from el cirkulo. The chocolate cake does not look that tempting but it's surprisingly good!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We reserved a room for 10 people and got the Agouda room with service by Benjo.
BENJO is very accommodating, we asked so much but he never complained nor see his face annoyed with 16 people coming one at a time. He is very pleasant and helpful. I can see that he knows what he is doing.

FOOD: fantastic! I love the Kare kare, their avocado shake and practically everything that we ordered i.e. Caldereta, Sorbet, Hainanese Chicken.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had a lovely dinner at Milky Way, food is absolutely fantastic. The quality of the ingredients is top notch, the presentation classic but nice and the service is super friendly so we thoroughly enjoyed our meal

They have a couple of small function rooms which are perfect and one can choose from a versatile menu

Date of visit: August 2017