See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Rooms are not sound-proof. Noise in the surrounding rooms reverberates in your room. If you want proper sleep, this is not the right place. I phoned front desk twice but customer service failed to address concern, and solution was not offered. I am not coming back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2017

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel in a family room. (2 adults and 2 children).

I have chosen this hotel by reading the good reviews on tripadvisor and because I prefer to spend my money in this kind of hotel rather than chains like Red Planet which are in the same price category.

The price of the family room for one night is 2290 pesos but we got a promo for 2 nights and paid 3890 pesos for the 2 nights with 2 beverages and one popcorn free.

Here are the good points of this hotel.

Good location near by Makati square with plenty of 24 hours restaurants.
A Charming hotel with a nice restaurant (we did not eat there)
The family rooms are very decent and clean. There is a double bed and a single bed.
The rooms are well equipped and the beds are rather comfortable with lots of pillows.
The rooms do not have window but Glass block. So the room is a little bit dark but you cannot hear the noise from the outside.
The air conditioning is very good and does not make any noise.
So we can spend a good night's sleep.
The bathroom is very clean, the shower is very good and there are soap and shampoo available.
DVD player inside the room and LCD Screen with USB. Nice to watch your own movies.

The bad points of this hotel.

INTERNET !!!!!!! No internet access in Makati Manila !!! INCREDIBLE BUT TRUE
I had read on a post that the hotel offered for 170 pesos to have internet access in the room but they do not offer this service.
On the other hand it is specified on the website that one can use internet in the restaurant and lobby but this is not the case.
Indeed, during my stay I absolutely could not connect and believe me I spend a lot of time trying.
Like any traveler, I needed a minimum of internet to Skype my family, check my emails and especially to book my air tickets.
The hotel offers as a solution for its customers a pocket Wifi prepaid or postpaid that definitely did not work. The staff left me for more than 2 hours trying in vain to connect. So I went to see the hostess at the desk to tell her I needed internet to book my plane tickets. She replied that she is going to call the manager to fix my problem. But I am still waiting for!! He did not move and did not respond to my request.
So I had to find an internet cafe to book my tickets.
The next morning I tried a new time for my Web Check in Online but still could not connect.
I went to see again the hostess at the reception to ask her to make my web check in but even with the computer of the reception she could not connect knowing that the hotel uses another pocket wifi not accessible by the guests of the hotel.
I was really disappointed by the lack of service that wasted me a lot of time.

Finally, know that you will even find yourself a taxi when you wish to leave the hotel.
I have to force at the front desk and they send someone to find us a taxi to get to the airport.

To conclude, a very nice hotel but no service. PLEASE Manager no need your 2 beverages and popcorn free but provide to your guests a real Internet access.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2016

Compared to other budget hotels i've stayed in Makati/Manila area, this is so far the cleanest, most spacious and comfortable place i've been to. With professional and friendly staff. No frills in confirming my booking details and they gave me 1 free night promo as posted on their website. Thank you and keep up the good standard.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Went to St. Illians for my first night and then transferred to Franchise One since I had a prior booking there. Stayed there for 5 nights in room 5070.

The room was clean - a good improvement from the last time I checked in. I've been a returning guest and I've stayed in this hotel several times in the past few years everytime I travelled to Manila.

My first night in this hotel was so stressful. Couldn't sleep as the aircon was not making the room temp at a comfortable level. For a person who's job is in an extremely hot environment, I have high tolerance to heat. But staying in room 5070 was really uncomfortable. I just couldn't sleep that night due to the room was so hot. And that's not what I paid for. Having stayed in this same room before, I noticed that they've changed the aircon unit to a branded one. The one before was probably some cheap Chinese brand. Anyways, I complained to the front desk and a staff came to check on the aircon and tinkered on the controls but still wouldn't cool down the room. They offered to let me stay in one of the vacant rooms just for the night and assured me that they'll fix the aircon the following day.

The 2nd day. After going out for the day and returned to the hotel in the evening, I was told by the front desk staff that they've already fixed the aircon in my room. I went up to my room and after almost an hour of turning on the aircon, it was still the same issue. Not a bit of an improvement from the night before. I went down to the front desk to notify the staff that the aircon wasn't fixed. I demanded to speak to the supervisor as the front desk staff is so incompetent to handle my situation. She rang up her supervisor on the phone but the supervisor wouldn't speak to me. I told the staff that I'd like to transfer to another room. After consulting with her supervisor, who by the way still don't want to talk to me, informed me that they can not transfer me because the vacant room is already paid for by the guest who will be checking in the following day. What a disappointing response! I already paid in full fir my room as well for my 5 nights of stay. And I get a terrible room and a very unprofessional way of handling my issue. I even reiterated that maybe they can switch my room to the guests who are still yet to check in. I told them that if they can't transfer me to another room, then maybe they can move me to their St. Illians hotel. I was told blah blah... money not refundable... blah blah.. Considering Franchise One and St Illians are the same company and are just a stone's throw away from each other, they could have just moved me there.

To make my story short, I ended up staying in the same terrible room very disappointed. Fortunately, I was out most of the time and just go back there in the night to retire...After I checked out, I vowed never to come back here again. Customer service getting worse every time I go back there. If the trending is consistent, the next time will be the worst.

If you spend more time in the hotel room and want some comfort, stay away from this hotel.

P.S. A couple of years ago, 2 packs of Macademias (Mother Earth brand) were missing in my room and notified the front desk about it. Staff were going inside the rooms when the guests were away I reckon even though you have not requested for a room make up. After that incident, I always make sure to put my stuff inside my luggage and locked.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2016

This is our top pick for affordable staycations, away from the everyday noise at our Makati home. The staff are courteous and friendly even in the wee hours of the morning. There's no elevator, so get ready for some cardio if your room is on the 3rd floor or higher. Food tastes great and good value for money, not restaurant quality but it still satisfactory.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are easier on the knees
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family