New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
US$ 175
US$ 145
US$ 120
US$ 103
US$ 76
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$ 54
US$ 110
US$ 102
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 117/night.

1,209 results
All reviewswasher and dryerbedroom apartmentglorietta mallfull kitchenthe penthouselong term stayhome away from homebreakfast buffetlocation is greatnon smokingnice pooldefinitely stay here againlate checkfitness centermakati areabusiness districtoakwood
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I stayed there with my family for 2 nights and 3 days and immediately decided on the first day that we would extend one more day. So, the Ascott experience I had covered about 4 days! It was that great. We got a 2 bedroom deluxe.

Here are the real amenities which you won't get to read in the website. This is from my observation and experience:

The bedrooms - very spacious and cozy. big beds and soft pillows. very clean. with a big LCD flatscreen samsung TV for the master bedroom and DVD player. All rooms were carpeted.

The bathrooms - clean and nice decor but what surprised me was that the toiletries (e.g. shampoo, lotion, soap, conditioner) were L'Occitane. Smelled so good! The master bathroom had a bathtub and the guest room had a good-sized shower area.

The living room and dining room had good quality furniture also with a big LCD flatscreen TV and even with a home theater-like sound system. The dining table could accommodate 6 people and even more if you squeezed in.

The kitchen had all the utensils you would need and you can ask for any additional stuff without charge (pots, pans, glasses, plates, etc.)

The breakfast buffet is also superb with sausages, filipino food, bread, cold cuts, fruits, etc.

My 2-year old daughter, her grandparents and my husband had a very comfortable stay. So this means young and old would love it there.

And it's not expensive at all compared to the other similar types of hotels. Ascott costs only around Php 7,000++ (USD 160++) exclusive of tax per night. And you get all the above. But, bear in mind that this was a promo offer so check the website from time to time... they have it regularly. This cost is actually inclusive of a 20% discount on the actual price. Plus, it's right smack in the center of the Makati district and attached to the Ayala mall. Just go downstairs and you have the mall.

What surprised me was their small unassuming tentcard that says something like Ascott will make your stay as comfortable as possible... just call. Well, I did request for something and I got it.

And the staff from the front desk to the waiters to the managers to everyone were all very happy to help you. I'd like to note Rona (front desk person) and Frederick (Cafe Manager) were the best.

Some tips:
Get the 2-bedroom deluxe and not the 1-bedroom one because the difference is only USD 2.00. Yep, 2 dollars.
If you have young children, this is the place. They'll be very comfortable in the room itself. And if you're on a business meeting, your wife and child can go around the mall. There's a small but fun playground in the Ayala mall for kids 2 to 6 years old (Dave's playground).

It's not just staying one night, it's worth staying much longer than that.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank katerina91
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Reviewed 23 October 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment with full kitchen, dining and living room. It was clean and very nicely furnished. It was perfect for my husband and I and my mother who came with us on this trip. She got her own room and it was very private if you want something larger than a hotel room to share. There were TVs in both bedrooms and in the living room. They had so many channels and mostly English programming. They also had excellent room service with very good quality Filipino and Continental food. Another highlight is that all the apartments have their own laundry machines, which made it so convenient if you're there on a long journey. We did not try the pool or fitness center, unfortunately. The only downfall of this place are the poor beds, which felt like cheap mattresses. We were very surprised at the quality of the beds for this pricey aparthotel. Internet was also not free. Parking, however, was free for all hotel guests, so if you have visitors coming, make sure you give them the parking pass.

But the best part truly is the location! It is on top of the Glorietta 4 shopping mall where there are numerous Western shops, inexpensive restaurants and bakeries/donut shop very close by. If you don't care to venture out in central Manila, this is the place, as Makati is a very modern part of the city, almost looking like a business street in Los Angeles. You will only need to walk a max of 5 minutes to get to a coffee bar, grocery store, cinema, salon or bank ATM. Also, if you're more into upscale dining/shopping, it is about a 10 minute walk to Greenbelt Mall, which is luxurious and high-end. There are some pricey restaurants if you feel the need for Japanese, Thai, French or American. We tried the Japanese, and it was EXCELLENT. If you want convenience, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MyleenAustin

Reviewed 23 September 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a total of 2 months last year, but am easily giving this hotel the pass on my upcoming trip to Makati based on my HORRIFIC experiences.

THE HISTORY
I traveled from the U.S. to Manila with several employees, and purchased several rooms at the Ascott and the Somerset Millennium, which is equally as nice as the Ascott and owned by the same company. I spent about $60,000 with this company in 2009 in lodging, food, and transportation expenses for me and my associates who were all on extended stays (up to 6 months) in Makati.

THE PLUSES
OK, so here are the pluses. The hotel facilities are OK, and the rooms are well-equipped with flat screens, DVD players and stereo systems. The kitchen is a nice touch and the bathrooms are fairly nice. The location is good; the hotel is connected to the Glorietta Malls and hundreds of shops, restaurants, and bars are within a short walking distance from the hotel. There are a few people working in the hotel who are hospitable, like the maids, the drivers, and some of the front desk workers.

THE BILLING NIGHTMARE
Now, here’s the down-side. The management, accounting and finance people in this hotel are incompetent. The invoices for the hotel were so screwed up that I do not believe we were ever able to get the charges right. We had the wrong people billed to my credit card, charges for people I’d never heard of--it was a total disaster. Trying to get them to fix the invoicing was beyond frustrating; maddening is a better description. I would send emails to the accounting group, and would not receive a response, or would maybe receive a response a week or 2 later that they were “looking in to it.” The billing debacle dragged on painfully for months. They had no urgency about getting the charges billed to the correct rooms, and they simply did not care anything about fixing the cluster they made of the invoicing. They wasted hours of my time and could have cared less, with their empty apologies and repeated hollow promises to get things fixed.

THE BREAKFAST PIT
When in Manila, I work all night long, and sleep during the day. I would return from work around 7 a.m. tired and hungry. The first morning I called to the front desk and asked if I could get the breakfast buffet in a to-go container. “Absolutely sir; that is not a problem!” was the response. So, I get changed and head downstairs to the buffet, and requested a to-go container. I was told very curtly that carry-out from the buffet was not allowed. I told them that I just asked the front desk, and they said it was “no problem.” The response was cold, and I was clearly inconveniencing her by asking for what I had just been promised.

So, I went to the front desk and asked to speak to the person to whom I had spoken earlier. When I told him what had happened, he told me that she was wrong, that guests could take their food to their room, and that he would speak to the restaurant personnel. He came back a few minutes later apologized, told me that he had everything worked out, and that I could now go get my food and carry it out to the room. I walked back into the restaurant, requested a to-go box, and was again told that it was not allowed. Is this a joke? Am I on candid camera? At that point, I demanded a manger. The manager of the restaurant came out, and after some back and forth, she finally gave me a to-go container and let me carry-out my food. She apologized for what had happened, and assured me it would never happen again.

The next day, I walked into the restaurant, requested a to-go container they had promised, and you guessed it, I was abruptly told that carry-out was not allowed. This time, the response was much more aggressive. I again asked for the manager. The manager again came out, and after a brief exchange with the waitress, I was allowed to get my food. She told me that she would be posting a message to the entire staff that carry-out should be allowed, and she promised me that this would never happen again after apologizing profusely.

Things went well for about a week. Then one morning, out of the clear blue, I was suddenly denied carry-out. This time I escalated to the hotel duty manager, and was allowed to get my food after she chastised me like a child. Yes – after being told repeatedly that carry-out was perfectly acceptable, the hotel duty manager had the nerve to sit me down in the lobby and chastise me for requesting the carry-out that had been repeatedly promised to me, and she consciously made an effort to embarrass me.

I sent an email to the GM and several other managers voicing my frustration over my repeated embarrassment by the staff in the restaurant. Several days later, I received a call from an “account executive” to whom the GM had delegated the contact. Yes, I guess the GM was too busy sitting up in his ivory tower to speak to a long-term customer who had been repeatedly jerked around and embarrassed by his unprofessional and incompetent staff.

THE SUMMARY
Fairly nice facilities
A few personnel who are genuinely hospitable, contrary to the culture of the organization
A management team that acts like a junta
A pervasive air of arrogance and a “to-big-to-fail” attitude
Abysmal internal record keeping
Repeated failures to follow explicit billing instructions provided in writing
A money-focused versus customer-focused culture – Leona Helmsley would be proud
Total lack of responsiveness to complaints
Zero sense of urgency for correcting obvious billing errors
Continuous failures to keep promises made to customers
Non-existent internal communication between departments

THE RECOMMNDATION
If you enjoy staying in a fancy gulag, then stay at the Ascott. If you wish to be treated with respect, then stay across the street at the Intercontinental, the Shang, or the Peninsula. The facilities are decent, but the horrible service and poor attitudes of the management and staff make this an ugly place to stay.

Happy travels!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
14  Thank pumpjack

Reviewed 6 September 2010

As a regular visotor to Manila i wanted to stay somewhere different for once and decided to try the Ascott. I was impressed and the location above the mall makes it very attractive.
Stayed in a 1BR unit which is spacious and has large windows on each wall offering a decent view out....even though Manila/Makati doesnt have a lot to offer in that respect!!
Bedroom is nice and living room and flatscreen and furnishings were all good. Kitchen is small but has everythig you need including a large fridge. Pool area is great and water was warm which is a nice change for Philippines hotels and apartments. Check in was easy and professional and all staff were excellent. For those who would like "friends" staying overnight, this is not really the hotel to do so. Overall I was impressed enough to stay there regularly.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank travelerdkl

Reviewed 19 August 2010

We've been staying at this hotel since 2005 (Oakwood), 2007 and my wife recently stayed there August 2010. If you're an individual with no family or not expecting guests, this is not the place for you. We're a family of 4, with relatives and friends in the Philippines. Staying at Ascott has been the best experience each time. The fact that you can entertain family and friends in a large living room, order food to go or literally cook your own meals pretty much pays for itself. The convenience of not having to drive through the parking lot of Manila streets to eat or go shopping cannot be beat. Although I like the Oakwood management better than Ascott, it does not take away the fact that this is still our favorite place to stay each time we're in the Philippines. Yeah, some of the rooms are old. It's an old building. The cleaning people will still not leave extra towels each time they clean the room as we requested. But it doesn't mean you cannot ask for extra towels later in the day. The washer and dryer takes forever to wash and dry. Back in 2007, you can get a unit without the breakfast and your rate will be cheaper. Now, they are claiming the breakfast is included with the price, which to me is just a way to force people to pay extra for the rooms. But these little, minor things are not enough for me to ding this place as a whole. They did replaced the old beige carpets with new ones. The new flat screen TV's are a welcome addition. The breakfast buffet is actually great. Since my wife does not eat that much, she would just invite 2 people every morning to eat at the buffet, problem solved. The fact that we keep coming back to this place means we love it that much. I will save my other comments to management. Not to complain but for future improvements. So I'm rating this hotel a 5 out of 5. It's not the perfect hotel for everybody, but perfect for my and my family

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family