1,228 results
All reviewswasher and dryerbedroom apartmentglorietta mallfull kitchenthe penthouselong term stayhome away from homebreakfast buffetlocation is greatnon smokingnice pooldefinitely stay here againlate checkfitness centermakati areabusiness districtoakwood
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Not a hotel to stay at if you are up for true up class hotel, better spend that amount on a real 5 stars hotel like the Shangri-la!

Next to SM mall and above Glorietta and that it has an incredible awesome excellent breakfast all you can eat buffet for i think P1100 that even if you are not client at the hotel, you can go to.

First stay:
This hotel is an apartelle that means that in the rooms there is all the amenities you need like a little apartment a kitchen a bathroom and even a laundry machine and dryer inside your room! so you can do your own laundry. The reception lobby is big but the curtains of the lobby windows reflect the lack of care for hygiene, they haven't been washed for years. The reception is not far from the entrance they are polite, professional, efficient, nothing extra. We got a room on the 12 floor as soon as the door of the elevator opened a smell of moisture rotten fungused carpet on the floor and the room was big in size but right when we entered it was the same stench of rotten carpet! all over the air. This hotel is lacking maintenance and fixing and refreshing. The security staff is very good and they made sure that the taxi wanted to put his metro (taxi meter) on and willing to issue a receipt for the ride or they don't let them take clients from the hotel that is excellent security measures.

The very negative points:
1 was their airport transfer shuttle we had called & reserved an airport transfer shuttle to pick us up at naia it cost us P1125 one way in fact it was reserved from hertz as the hotel does not have any private shuttles so they are connected to hertz! when we arrived we had to go to the hotel lounge and there we waited 5 minutes and a car same model than taxis and as cheap as taxis was waiting for us it was a total reap off as for this price of P1125 we imagined being picked up by a classy van or so but no they treated us like scum so my advice do not use their shuttle service well over priced. for that price you can get a “limo”.
2 the hotel room rate per night is overrated we paid 182 euros per night but quality of room standard is only 100 euros maximum! even with breakfast deal included.
3 in the room a lot of dysfunction
the bathtub was clogged as i think the drain was not cleansed
the shower curtain was old and dirty with stains.
the toilet paper was hanging just above the garbage
the flush of the toilet was not stopping properly after pressing on it so it kept on refilling we had to play with it always to make it stop.
the fan of the bathroom was very loud
4 in the kitchen the fridge was clean inside but dirty outside a lot of greasy finger prints and food spots
5 we had to put a damage deposit of P1000 per night we were very badly surprised

Second stay:
the 1 bedroom was great since we had already complained on our first stay when we arrived there the staff welcomed us back with more care they had already alloted a room for us that was a one bedroom so they had upgraded us as i had rent only a studio. and they had shampooed the carpet to make sure that it was hygienically clean and in fact it smelled fresh clean no rotten moisture in the air coming from carpet. the laundry washing machine and the laundry dryer worked very well and were silent. the only noise that was redundant was the one of the elevator engine that was just behind the wall and so fact was a driving crazy continuous noise. the floor is 8th

sum up:
good points:
1 they are right in makati next to glorietta & sm makati mall!
2 go in the morning, pay for their P1100 breakfast buffet it's perfect! and one of the employees refilling the food very shy and smiling was good hearted but we did not take her name!
3 the security of the hotel is very efficient friendly and they control verify and take plates numbers and names of taxi drivers and if they think the taxi is not safe they eject him, good protection for the clients!
4 the business center on the 7th floor the staff are friendly and efficient
5 the front desk reception is a professional especially Karla
6 and not the least the manager mister Lopez was very responsive and truly caring for our well being and comments

bad points:
1 the hotel needs a big cleaning plan! international standards, includes hygiene shampoing carpets get rid of fungus and molds that gives this bad smell in floors and rooms! The hotel staff and pinoy might not smell it anymore but when you come from abroad it blow up into your noze!
2 one of the girls at the reception is always looking upset, never looking at the clients, on purpose she ignores the clients! even when they stand in front of her! she looked reluctant to welcome clients! we saw that with everyone going to her!
3 one of the server, a girl, welcoming the clients, was willingly Ir-respectful, i think her name was Margaret, my wife and i presented ourselves in the morning to take our breakfast and, first, she only talked to me, as if i was alone, but obviously my wife was there standing a s a voluptuous woman, she could not pretend not to see my wife! but she then continued her attitude of pretending that my wife wasn't there by asking the question i quote “for how many people, only one?” but it was obvious that i was not going to eat without my wife nor her without me! maybe she was hating large woman.....???? who knows! in any case my wife and I could feel that she didn't like my wife and willingly trying to get my wife out of the picture as we were brought to our table by her!
she asked again, i quote; “what would you like sir?” as really focusing and ignoring my wife! so my wife answered for us as we could feel, my wife and i, that the server was bluntly ignoring her! so my wife imposed herself and said “hot chocolate”, which upon that answer from my wife that Margaret server answer again as if talking to me alone! i quote; “ah ok, so only one sir?” on which my wife answered very dry to that Margaret server, “two”! this server was very rude! shame to her!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HOTELSNFOODRATER
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Reviewed 1 September 2012

IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE .FELT LIKE THE APARTMENT IN WHICH RIichard Gere in the movie Pretty Woman.
The hotel is in the posh locality with multiple restaurants surrounded and wonderful excellent malls,loved it

Room Tip: ALL IS WELL .The spa is huge and the the east wing is better
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel has become one of my favorite hotels. The moment you enter the door, you will be in awe. The lobby is located at the 6th floor and it was just so grandiose and elegant. We booked a studio type room through Agoda with breakfast included. We checked in late around 8:30pm and to our surprise we were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite. How awesome is that! When we reached our room, our jaws dropped because of the beautiful interiors. There was also a complimentary fruit platter on the dining table. Our bedroom has an Ipod dock, dressing room. It was huge and spacious. The bed was also so comfy and we had a goodnight's sleep. We had a problem using their washing machine because the instructions on their manual is not applicable with the washing machine that's in the room and we called for assistance. After 5 minutes the maintenance guy came and assisted us. Their buffet breakfast had a long queue since it was a Sunday. However, the buffet spread was the usual food, breads, cereals, rice, cold cuts, sausages, soup and the choice is limited.

Ascott is strategically located in the heart of Makati (business district). There are a lot of restaurants around the area since shopping malls are literally just beside the hotel (Glorietta, SM Makati and Greenbelt). I would definitely go back here in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank time_traveller123_11

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Arrived at the Ascot with my party of 12 early evening. I had confirmed our rooms the day prior to arrival however the receptionist had problems finding all of the bookings (3 x 2 bedrooms) even though I had paperwork with booking number. Bedding had also been confirmed but this was also a problem. Offered to put extra bed in each apartment at an additional price. After some negotiation she agreed not to charge me. Breakfast was only included for 2 people per apartment. The assortment of food was nothing to brag about. I asked reception if they could confirm our airport transfers however this is not a service that the Ascott offer. Gym was good and well equipped. Apartment was a little tired however my room had a fantastic view of the city which made up for it. The Ascott is in a really good convenient and safe location. The door staff were quite nice but found reception staff to be unhelpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the centre of Glorietta (city view) rather than overlook the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank happestos

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Not the best arrival - After Friday afternoon Manila traffic from the airport (1.30hr) we were processed as usual by the efficient staff. However the apartment was not quite what we had booked so I returned to the desk - it took another 45 minutes of 'negociations' to sort out something convenient.

Once this was sorted the place is amazing, well serviced, within walking distance to many restaurants and a big SM shopping mall.

The highlights have to be the swimming pool and the rooms themselves, although it is a bit awkward to walk from the swimming pool to the changing rooms (through the lobby).

There are however a couple of points that could be improved. The package I booked included breakfast in a two double room residence, however only two breakfasts were included (not a problem since we prepared breakfast in our own kitchen). Be aware that when booking a two room residence the plan on their website is not accurate.

The other is Wifi charges. Only PHP550 but on this age internet for the international traveller a good wifi is like expecting hot water. For basic connection (browsing and e-mail) I believe should be complimentary on any reputable place. I did mention that I wasn't happy about this on arrival but as needed to sort out my flights and check out places to visit I ordered it anyway. I was nice to see that the charges were not on the final bill.

Room Tip: There is some construction going on at the back of the hotel (building another skyscrapper) - If you have a light sleep and don't want to wake up at 8am get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends