Ascott Makati
Dusit Thani Manila(Makati)
US$ 204
US$ 128
  • Pool
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$ 54
US$ 54
US$ 141
US$ 110
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 124/night.

US$ 184
US$ 103
US$ 85
Priceline
1,176 results
All reviewswasher and dryerbedroom apartmentglorietta mallfull kitchenthe penthouseconvenient locationhome away from homebreakfast buffetnon smokingnice pooldefinitely stay here againlate checkhousekeeping stafffitness centermakati areabusiness districtshopping
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The only reason I gave this property an average rating was because the location is great with direct access to Glorietta mall and Greenbelt for wonderful restaurants and high end shopping. We traveled as an extended family so we got 3 rooms - 2 2-bd rooms and 1 3-bd rooms. Here are the negatives: this hotel obviously needs updating - furniture and fixtures in rooms were very dated and seemed to be the original from when the hotel was built. Worse of all was the smell - moldy, wet dog smell permeated the whole hotel - rooms, hallways, elevator, better in lobby but then ventilation was good there. I'm not sure if a typical PI typhoon had badly affected the hotel recently but they really need to at least change all the carpets to address this. Breakfast buffet was typical and since it came with the price of the rooms we ate there but if we had to pay for it we would have opted for better variety and selections of ala carte items elsewhere. Service - staff were generally friendly but during check-in one of our party (who checked in later) was generally ignored by the front desk staff considering she waited patiently while they took care of guests before her but when they were done seemed that each of them were'nt that interested in taking care of another guest till it was called to their attention by the guest - hello I would like to check in too! Any way did not bother with front desk until checkout. Bell staff and concierge were far better - always helpful, friendly, courteous, and answered many inquiries from one of our family members whose was visiting the PI for the first time. If you are traveling to Makati for the first time with a large group then this hotel is a great location and you can safely walk around to shopping and great food that PI has to offer but for repeaters you can fine better 5 star hotels in the same vacinity - Shangrila, New World, Inter-Con. etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MYSPIKE
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I booked a room in advance online months before. Upon arrival, they had UN happy team to greet you like you have no money and look at you like you probably have no intentions of paying.
The manager at the front told me that they don't have any clean rooms available - non smoking tower.
Only to be given a smokers room that wasn't cleaned and to be told I would have to wait - 1 hour for the room to be cleaned. My children suffer from asthma and I was paranoid about the lurking smell of smoke in the room. At to my disgust it was true.
I paid $200.00 aud per night, for a disgusting smelly room.
Which they kindly transferred me to a different tower the next day after several complaints.
The manager told me that holding a visa debit card as security was not an option and I needed to deposit cash, only holding AUD money I gave it to her and them she tried to coax me into exchanging it at the hotel as a payment.
What the hell !
I've stayed at intercontinental across the road and they've kindly accepted my card as security payment. !
Breakfast is okay but don't bother with coffee as it tastes like hard Turkish coffee no matter how many times I've requested a milky coffee.
The service downstairs security is great friendly and very helpful.
Only benefit of staying here is location washer/dryer and separated rooms.
The ladies need to smile a bit more - just because I walk in with a foreigner doesn't mean I am an automatic red light district worker that benefited through working in Manila.
I am also born overseas to a Filipino decent parent just coming back to the roots I inherited.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Mestiza_inday

Reviewed 23 July 2012

As the first leg of our 2-wk marathon introduction to Manila of our children who have not been to Pinas since they were 3 and 5, our stay at the Ascott in Makati was a very pleasant easing into what Manila has to offer. Very close to amenities they are so used to, with a Pinoy flavor. Obviously not as expensive as its close neighbor Shangrila, the value was great esp for a 2 bedroom apt for 5 grown people. One word to describe the plus - Glorietta. Also service was great as well. Furnitures however could use some refinishing or replacement. Our room initially reeked of cigarette smoke but with an ionizer, this eventually went away (or maybe we just got used to it). A pleasant and convenient stay as whole. Will use again next time we need to stay in Makati.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank mikebas

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Great location -- walk to the mall, supermarket, restaurants and close to Central business district. Great service -- staff are helpful but need to smile more even if they are very busy. Attentive to the needs and will address your concerns. Breakfast is so-so, lacks variety compared to other hotels (Ascott does not have good breakfast even in Shanghai) and breakfast areas is always crowded.

As this was a previous Oakwood Premier service apartments Building which Ascott took ownership a few years ago I expected some renovation and change in interiors of the rooms. I was disappointed to see the old furnitures and fixtures of the old Oakwood Premier -- this is not the standard of an Ascott Residence that you can see in Singapore or Shanghai. The hallways smell old and musky, the bathrooms need to be re tiled and interiors should have been more updated to a modern look. Venitlation and air-conditioning is not working properly and internet is spotty. Housekeeping is average but can be better as corners and edges of room carpet are not cleaned well.

I would think twice before staying here again for almost a month. If I do, I would ask for a room in the non-smoking tower.

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking floors and quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank WantonStyle

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Excellent location, on top of Glorietta 4 in Makati, spacious suites. Breakfast good (they will supply a packed one free of charge if leaving early). Cheap Internet at $10 a day. Very nice 25m outdoor pool. Would recommend. Don't think it makes much difference which floor or side.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business