All reviewsbedroom suitemakati avenuesofa bedcentury mallsmall kitcheninfinity poolnight lifewifi connectionshort staybusiness districtupon checksupermarkettaxitrafficcondoconveniencethumbs
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Picked the location as it was near to my contact. The hotel itself is nice, clean and I had a spacious room. Staff were friendly as you would expect. Ok the good points first
Security is good, staff and a safe in the room.
The Swimming pool is very good, three pools and great for kids.
Location for supermarket and nightlife. Plenty of places to eat and drink within walking distance. The live music across the road did not bother me.
Air conditioning unit in each room was very efficient.
Spacious room, I was given a room in the Serenity Suites block, 7th floor.
Now to the bad, annoying things which would put me off returning.
Cold water in shower for 3 days out of 4. My first day was good but cold showers after that.
Wifi is crap!!!!! This is a deal breaker for me. I needed good internet and expected it. Wifi was weak or non existent at the desk by my bed. Stronger by the door but standing by the door with a laptop is not an option I like. If you advertise wifi it needs to work!!! Lobby was stronger. Yes!
Speaking to front desk about these thing you get a polite. Thank you sir. Not interested in what I said.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Alleninaus
TheAvenueHotel, Front Office Manager at The A.Venue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to give us a straight and detailed feedback. The satisfaction of our guests has highest priority. We are sorry to hear that we weren’t able to meet up your expectations and your constructive comments are all duly noted . We will ventilate this topic with the IT manager and figure out the problem.
Once again thank you for your time for placing the review. In this manner, we will improve our service even better.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Only outstanding thing about this hotel is its two large swimming pools, plus paddling pool, great for kids or if swimming is your kind of workout. Lots of families staying and hotel is probably best for them. Otherwise, if you don't get a discount and pay full price here you've been 'robbed'. Wi-fi is rubbish unless you are in the lobby. Electric sockets in my room wouldn't hold 2 pin plugs unless jammed in with a chair or something. Was not able to select channels on my TV & handset so worn couldn't read the buttons (did not have the time to query). The one cycling machine in the gym does not work properly & should be thrown on the scrapheap, rusty with loose cranks ( a good number of running machines though). Worst breakfast selection I have ever experienced at this level of hotel, the one juice was so diluted it was almost neat water. Also as mentioned by other guests there is open-air music in the evening near the main street, which sounds like there's a disco in the hotel. Door staff were helpful, room was clean and bed comfortable, & hotel fairly well located. But if not for the swimming pools would give 2 stars.

Room Tip: Don't choose street side.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank KMLondon22
Reviewed 14 November 2017

If you are planning to have you special occasion to be celebrated near by, just visit A venue hotel and you won't regret it. I stayed in 1 BR suit at Serenity Bldg together with my family. it is clean and smells fresh. All the linens and towels look and smell fresh.
tip: you have to deposit 3k (incidental deposit). you will get it when you check out
swimming pool: you have to pay extra 150 pesos per head if you exceed the number allows in your room (eg. 1 BR is good for 4 people, they will only allow 4 people to swim. the 5th person needs to pay 150 php. )

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TheAvenueHotel, Front Office Manager at The A.Venue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the A.Venue Hotel and for sharing your experience here in Tripadvisor.
We are very much delighted that you appreciate the hotel. Our 2 bedroom suite can accommodate up to 4 pax only. With regards to the fee that has been collected, I will coordinate this with the Property Manager and confirm of the extra person charge for the swimming pool.
Once again, thank you for your continued patronage and we hope to be of service to you again on your next visit here at The A.Venue Hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My family stayed here since my wife needs to be early on her interview/exam on the following day. First impression, it's okay but the best part is the room itself. Very spacious,modern and cozy. Very cold AC, comfortable bed linen and clean bathroom.

There are little things to improve though and work on, as a project manager of a construction company I am very keen with details and snugs that might affect the overall score. I checked the mini bar menu and some stuff is missing and my wife worried that we might be charged for the food that we haven't consumed so we call the receptionist immediately. I also noticed that there is a missing cover plate on the alloted supposed to be an outlet and I am hoping that there is no live wire exposed inside it because it is near the shower. I am with my son and I was so concerned that he might accidentally touch it while taking a shower. And you should check the grout somewhere on the bathroom floor near the door.

With the staff, they are courteous and friendly however when we checked out my wife handed over the key with the deposit slip amounting to 3,000 pesos. She waited for the receptionist to give the refund proactively but the staff did not, instead my wife reminded the receptionist about it. I don't want to over think that it is how the receptionist do it and let the guests forget about the refund but i would strongly suggest for the manager to re-orient the staff about that. Like what I said, small things might affect the total score.

Overall i would still recommend the place because of the amenities and location, and we hope when we checked in again those small things were rectified and properly managed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued.Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.I have addressed your concern to Front Office team as well as Housekeeping team with regards to the mini bar content checking before releasing the room and ensure this won't happen again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

The rooms are clean and acceptable. The hallways I find are dark. There are 2 resturants, one serves mediterreanian and the other is the Granvia Cafe. The meditarrenian resturant has better food. The room service is provided by the Granvia Cafe. They can't seem to accommodate requests that are not in the menu. Eventually, you het passed around until you get fed up and decide not to order. The rest of the hotel is not bad and is accessible to public transportation and and is near the malls.
Granvia Cafe needs improvement.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Loralie M
TheAvenueHotel, Front Office Manager at The A.Venue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like you for taking time to advise of your recent stay at The Avenue Hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.
I sincerely apologize in behalf of the management for the inconvenience which we may have caused you. Granvia cafe is the hotel's new concession and currently, they are in a midst of creating new menu's/ food choices to cater our guests needs.
We really appreciate comments like these and rest assured that the concession will act on this.
Thank you once again for bringing this this issue to our attention.
We hope to be of service to you again on your next stay here at the Avenue hotel Makati.