“Impressive”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

In the heart of Makati, plenty of shopping nearby. This property is impressive. It’s a large footprint and feels expansive in the lobby. Several restaurants await with bars that stay open late.

We arrived on a Monday and there was live music at two of the restaurants. The room is very well appointed. Beds are comfortable and there’s a nice bar. The bath could be a touch larger but it’s as nice as other five star properties. The cabinetry in the room is very nice and the curved architecture of the cabinets adds interest to what would be a rectangular space

Views of the city from the 22nd floor are amazing.

We had breakfast at Circles cafe in the hotel. It’s buffet style and there are plenty of options for everyone. You can get them to cook to order for you at any food station. The food that was ready made was not really hot however. The juice options could have been more broad but there was orange, mango, and grapefruit.

The health club, pool, and spa are first rate, although no outdoor co-ed jacuzzi, only in each gender specific dressing rooms. Steam bath is available too.

The staff is very helpful and always available for service.

Alain B, General Manager at Dining at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear John K,

Thank you for your review from your last visit in one of our restaurants at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I am glad to know that you had a great experience from your last visit in our hotel. I appreciate your kind words regarding your experience. It's our pleasure to be able to be of service to you. Your review about your stay is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

It’s a pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I asked my business partner where he would like to bring his family for dinner . He nominated this place immediately . He had never been , but always wanted to .
The array and variety of food was superb ranging from Philippino to international cuisine . He chose the buffet which of course is all you can eat for a fixed price. His family enjoyed it so much and ate so much , I didn’t think they would eat for another few days !
Worth trying .

Dear johnthomasl2017,

I am glad to know that you had a great experience from your last visit in one of our restaurants. I appreciate your kind words regarding the variety of food that we have. It's our pleasure to be able to be of service to you. Your review about our food is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Went for an early dinner and was served mostly leftovers from lunch. My guests were so disappointed with the dishes especially the seafood which tasted not fresh. The roast beef was hard like a rubber so as the spare ribs. The shasimi was served three small pieces at a time which was so pathetic. Lobster claws tasted like very old leftover. Why???
You pay so much money for this kind of food.
I will think twice before going back to this restaurant. This is a shame.
I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Boo to the head chef.

Dear Redentor R,

Thank you for your review from your last visit in our restaurants at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I apologize for the inconvenience that your experience may have caused. I have taken note of your comments regarding the quality of food during your visit and will share this with the team to be able to continuously strive in the improvement of our service to be true to our commitment in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

It’s a pleasure to have you and I hope to be able to gain your trust in Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Best to go on a completely empty stomach or even better after not having eaten in a couple days. Wonderful quality food and choices!!! A must

Dear Buzzytwentyseven,

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Wide selection of dishes. Fresh seafoods. Mouthwatering steak. I love the desserts but I would say that desserts in Heat is better. Friendly staff. The service was a little bit slow but overall experience is great! Too bad that I didn't manage to buy some goodies in their bakeshop. All were sold! Our family will be back.

Alain B, General Manager at Dining at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Rosa D,

I am glad to know that you had a great experience from your last visit in one of our restaurants. I appreciate your kind words regarding the quality of food that we serve especially our seafood, steaks, desserts and the kind of service that we provide. It's our pleasure to be able to be of service to you. I will share your commendations with my team and use it as a tool for learning and motivation. Your review about our food and service is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.