All reviews irish pub indoor pool front desk finger lakes upstate new york common areas king bed atrium patti microwave outlets wineries skaneateles
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We stayed in this hotel for five nights. The nightly rate seemed very high for a hotel that did not even offer a complimentary breakfast. Overall the room was fine, nothing special except the pink ceiling... It appears they may have attempted an update in the last few years but was not impressed. The mattress was newer (per the card on the nightstand) and was comfortable. Te bathroom has a barn door on it that does not slide well and is noisy. In my opinion this is a very average room that should be a little lower rate. They do have a pool that looked ok (I did not use). The restaurant on site with a bar was nice. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The houskeepers did a good job of cleaning the room. If you need a water or beverage walk across the street to the gas station, the hotel store is very overpriced. Overall not very impressed with the property.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi Justin w,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. While we are pleased with your kind regards toward our room, mattress and housekeeping service, it is regrettable that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the breakfast program and bathroom door.

Rest assured that I have reviewed your comments in detail with the appropriate staff members for checking.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Not much to write here, the hotel was fine, I spent very little time in my room. Staff was nice, breakfast was fine. Inexpensive and convenient to downtown. Was here for work, got in, got out, no issues.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We had made reservations directly with Holiday Inn for an Executive King suite. When we arrived we were given a room with 2 Queen beds. It looked like a nice room but not what we had reserved. So my husband went down to see about changing it. The staff at the desk were not happy about this but changed the room. The new room had a king bed, but was still not the suite we had reserved, in fact in only had a king bed and no place for our grandson to sleep. My husband had had it at this point and wouldn't go back. We had brought a "just in case" air mattress and sleeping bad and by moving some furniture we made a place for it. The room was small, there was no shelf area in the bathroom which was difficult, and housekeeping did a terrible job doing almost nothing and we were there 3 nights.
The room keys kept not working and we had to have them changed twice. Also we were settling in and in came some other people who had been sent to that same room!!
Although the hotel has been renovating, that room had not been done and the blinds didn't even cover the window that looked into the hallway where people walked by. The pool and elevator were both just outside the door, so it was very noisy.
This was at least the third time we had stayed at this hotel while attending a local farm show, but I will be looking for another place next time. It is expensive and we did not get a lower rate for a lesser room given to us.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tmfbz
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We chose to stay here with 2 other couples on a visit to nearby Skaneateles. Since we drove 6 hours from NH we greatly appreciated the new comfy beds, and the burger restaurant in the lobby. After an excellent burger dinner we turned in early to rest before meeting our friends the next am. We were not impressed with the so-called buffet breakfast for $11.00, so we found a local place on the road to Skaneateles.
Apparently super modern is the way hotel/motel decor is moving these days. While not my taste this place was super clean, and attractively decorated, although some of the modern furniture was a little strange especially the piece with hooks for hanging clothes.
Now for my pet peeve about most hotels, what is with the short toilets? This one was the shortest I have ever come across! Taller toilets are called "comfort toilets" for a reason. Two items which should be comfortable in any hotel room: beds and toilets!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This recently renovated hotel is right downtown, not that there's anything to do in downtown Auburn. The rooms are brighter with better lighting. The bathrooms have sliding barn doors...which is really dumb to put on a bathroom. The toilets are soooo low you need a forklift to take you off them....no fan in bathroom is also yukky...The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Patty was especially helpful at front desk. Outside of building needs help. Cigarette butts everywhere and people stayed there with their dogs so there was dog poop around the outside of the building. I also hate how there are benches encouraging guests to sit down and smoke outside several entrances. The entire entryway reeks of smoke as you come and go. I think many of the people sitting on the benches aren't guests but rather people coming and going to the medical center behind the hotel. While I would say the rooms are nicer, there are still issues that need to be dealt with.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family