“The Best Hotel In The Finger Lakes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region

Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Buffalo, New York
“The Best Hotel In The Finger Lakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is the BEST hotel in the Finger Lakes region.
From the front desk, to the restaurant and the Pub, the people working here
are super.
A great location when visiting the Finger Lakes region,any time of year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor about the Holiday Inn. I was delighted to read that you consider us the "Best Hotel in the Finger Lakes." I too believe we have a wonderful hotel with a great staff; and it is customers like you that make our job rewarding. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn, Auburn and we hope you will choose us again whether on business or for pleasure. Happy Spring!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Gowanda, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is a well-located hotel that has a 70s-80s feel. One gets the impression it may be an independent hotel with a Holiday Inn logo. The hotel is clean but slightly worn with wear. Check your mattress out before staying the night to be sure it is firm. Restaurants (there are two) are both nice. Front desk is somewhat helpful but not many amenities. You get the feeling they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Prices vary due to day and special reductions but the location and pleasant clean atmosphere make up for it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to read that you were pleased with our location in downtown Auburn and the Finger Lakes Region, and that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our hotel and both of our restaurants. The hotel will be undergoing a renovation this year, and I hope that the next time your travels bring you back to Auburn, you will stay with us again. Happy Spring!
Johnstown, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I don't recommend this hotel to adults without children. The indoor pool is located in the middle of the hotel with a open ceiling to the 5th floor. We had a room on the 5th floor and the echo from the kids in the pool made it very noisey. Had to turn up the TV to drown out the noise. Also the pool is open till 10PM. Other wise the hotel is clean, very friendly staff and in a great location. Lots of places to eat. And if you do have kids, the pool is beautiful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has another room across the hallway from yours. Less noise from pool
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank G A
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your recent stay. I was glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the Holiday Inn as well as our friendly staff and great location. I was sorry to learn that the noise of children playing in the indoor swimming pool made it difficult for you to hear the TV. The Holiday Inn Auburn is the preferred hotel during winter school breaks and for teams participating in hockey tournaments, because of our amenities and location. Guest rooms that do not overlook our atrium and pool are quieter when there are a lot of families staying with us to enjoy the pool. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Auburn, and please ask to be placed in a room with an outside view. Thank you for staying with us, and for your review.
Atlantic, Pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at this property in August of 2011 while traveling for work. It is within fairly easy driving distance of Empire Farm Days. I think the commute took maybe about 15 minutes each way.

The hotel is good enough to work. There is nothing fancy about the place that I saw, but everything was clean and the service adequate. The furniture, carpet, etc both inside and outside of the room have seen better days, but there was nothing to make you worry. It is an interesting location as, if you stay along the backside of the hotel, there is a jail/prison visible, but that just makes it a unique setting!

It can be a bit of a challenge to turn left into the hotel during "rush hour" as the driveway in is close to an intersection and it is not rare (in my experience) for traffic to back up at the light and block the driveway.

During my stay, I did not try the restaurant, there is a pretty cool place around the corner to eat and have a drink. I did stop in the lounge one night for a drink and it is pretty much what you should expect from a hotel lounge.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank tuaennoc
Schimizz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Good Day and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn while attending the Empire Farm Days. Thank you too for your review. We hope you stay with us again this August for the Empire Farm Days. All of our rooms now have micro fridges, and we will be doing some remodeling this Spring. Hope to see you this summer.
Ballston Spa, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I enjoyed very much my stay. I was in room # 203 arriving Friday Evening. Your check in desk was efficient, personable and well prepared for my arrival..
After unpacking in my room I immediately went to your restaurant, Mc Murphy's ( I believe). They were outstanding, especially the Barmaid/Server (Nikki). I was quite hungry and anticipating a nice glass of wine. I relied on her recommendations which proved to be outstanding. The Beef Stew was just as she had predicted. OUTSTANDING. (I am not always so easy to please), I must admit. She provided good conversation while the bar was empty of people. I was early, before the crowd. More and more people started arriving. I had a very relaxed evening with a great meal, couple glasses of nice wine, good conversation and great service. What more could a man ask for after a long drive up the Thruway from Ballston Spa, NY.
My room was excellent just as I expected from Holiday Inn. I haven't traveled a lot in recent years due to a long battle with illness which is now history. I look forward to renewing my Holiday Inn relationship once again. I practically lived in the Holiday Inn in So Burlington, Vermont for almost a year while assigned to a project up there.
Now why would I take the time to write a response to your inquiry in this amount of detail? I believe when a service is outstanding people should take the time to let that service know that. We are all to quick to condemn and be critical but rarely complementary when we should be.
Now to the BEST: Your facility will always be my first choice when in your area and that may just be more often than one would think.
I thanked your morning staff for something that has never been done in over 50 years of staying at hotels/motels in my travel career. When I left your building and walked to my car, I was amazed and more thankful than you can imagine to find my car had been completely wiped off of the snow that had fallen during the night. I was already dreading anticipating having to wipe off my car windows, start up the car and wait until it warmed enough to work the defrosters.
This is a service I have never experienced, seen or even heard of. Whoever thought of this deserves one hell of a thank you and a job well done. It speaks well of a facility that cares for its customers and appreciates them.
I was in Auburn to Officiate at a Competition for High School Students from your entire area. I want you to know that I informed everyone I spoke with about your facility and this especially nice service for my car.
Keep up the good work. We need facilities like this for the traveling public. Also I appreciate your rates, they are fair. I did take advantage of your Senior Rate Great Value for money well spent.
Feel free anytime to contact me, if I can do more to recommend your facility.
Bill
wjcsltd@aol.com

Room Tip: I was on the second floor 2 doors from the elevator and never heard a sound. I slept with interrupti...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank wjcsltd
WOW - thank you for the wonderful review you posted on Trip Advisor about your stay with us. It is always our goal to exceed our customer's expectations and make them very happy with their stay, and I was delighted to read that your stay with us was wonderful. I too like the "Outstanding" beef stew served in McMurphy's Pub, it's a favorite of many. Thank you for making us your "first choice" the next time your travels bring you to this area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
0.3 km away
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
30.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK