All reviews finger lakes continental breakfast junior suite window seat hard boiled eggs toilet paper evening reception wine reception free glass of wine nice breakfast place to stay within walking distance recommend this hotel to anyone hotel room two nights sitting area beds were comfortable
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel, walking distance to supermarket and restaurants. My only negative is that it’s very difficult getting the front desk... no one answers the phone. Breakfast is fine. They even have a cocktail hour certain days of the week. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I should preceed my comments with the following: I have stayed at this property with my husband about 3-4 years ago and all was fine. BUT my friend and I decided to go to Skaneateles just for an overnight . We were both in the hotel industry; me as a GM and my friend a Catering/Sales Manager.
We tried to check in early because we then would not have to backtrack and add 20 miles to our trip and were told by the manager that they were "almost " full the previous night. We left and returned at 6 pm to a clerk who was attentive, but indifferent. Very sloppily dressed.
My friend went up to the room to use the bathroom, as we were told that it was closer than the second floor bathroom, of which later found doesn't exist. When she returned, she said that the room was not worth the money we paid, ($185.00) as the mattress was sagging, claimed it was a queen, but the headboard extended over the mattress about 5-6 in., stains on a table, empty tissue box, cracked sink, worn bedspread. This was supposed to be a "suite" -Shall I go on?
We went down to the front desk and the clerk went up to the room with us and changed it to another room, not much better, but it looked fairly clean so we agreed to stay. None of the employees wore uniforms and some did not have nametags, so you could not tell guests vs. employees.
the hospitality hostess was pleasant, but not trained.- Not her fault.
At check out the same "manager" who would not look to see if there was an empty room,saw us struggling with suitcases and bags as he was entering and we were departing, and walked right by us without even a mere "hello".
When I returned home, I called hotels.com to request compensation and the hotel refused so hotels.com said they will send a voucher, of which I still have not received!

Room Tip: Not certain there are any!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Karen M
Mike K, Manager at Inn at the Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Hi Karen,
You came into the hotel property looking to check in at 8:55 a.m. as you were advised, we had a full house in the building. Check in is at 3 p.m., we advised you we to contact us back after 1:30 p.m. to see if we could accommodate an early check in. You were commenting the whole time about " David Hart" and going to "Watkins glen hotel" and wanting to cancel. Out hotel rooms are all queen size beds, they have all been measure and are the same. I don't know what hotel property you were in, but our staff all has name tags, and are dressed to dress code. Unfortunately, you were looking for something wrong with the hotel property when you walked in, as you made several comments about " david hart" and hart hotels. This property is very well maintained under the current ownership, and management. Sorry that you felt inconvenienced, but you were well accommodated by all staff. And you stayed at our hotel property till 10:30 a.m. when you checked out.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here just one night while in town for a wedding. The room was very neat and well kept as was the bathroom. I enjoyed what little time I did spend in the room. I slept comfortably and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. I would return again if ever visiting the area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Mike K, Owner at Inn at the Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest Ian,
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel property. We are so happy that you had a enjoyable stay while with us at the hotel. You are a valued guest, and we look forward to your future visits with us.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here while exploring the area. Hotel is pet friendly, BUT you must call ahead and request a pet friendly room. They should post this more clearly on their website so people are aware. We were not booked in a pet friendly room so they moved some other reservations around to accommodate us. There is an area outside to walk dogs as well as waste bags.

The rooms are clean, but a little small. There is a nice window seat in room. The only downside was that our room had smell of Body odor that lingered.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike K, Manager at Inn at the Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of the hotel property. As is the case with all pet friendly hotel properties, you must inform us that you have a pet, due to other guests having allergies, asthma or fear of dogs, we have rooms that are designated pet friendly rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Stayed at the Inn at the Finger Lakes this past week for work. Breakfast was great, fitness room on the property, helped me in the a.m. Evening reception with young lady who works it, was a special add. Several Finger Lakes wines from Montezuma Winery. Everything went exceptionally well, very happy with stay. Housekeeping staff Sue, was very helpful to me, room kept neat and tidy entire time. Desk staff all were exceptionally great to deal with, including Manager Michael. He helped me with getting a reservation fixed for August 2018, went above and beyond. Will return

Room Tip: I found being in the back of the hotel side very peaceful and quiet. They also have a table in the back to get away and sit in the evening.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Mike K, Manager at Inn at the Finger Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank You for your honest review of the hotel property. We value you as a guest, I am happy you had a good experience at the hotel property. We look forward to your future visits.