All reviews vine restaurant continental breakfast owasco lake special events cheese platter bagels soft towels buffet style upgraded to a suite bride and groom guest rooms beautiful property front lawn scallops couple nights following morning bed was comfortable
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Loved our stay at this small inn. Friendly staff and great service. Room was very clean and tidy but expect what comes with an older lakeside resort - the charm, period furnishings that come with it. I love that as the predictable hotel chains are boring. Dinner was delicious, bed super comfy and the Inn quiet although we stayed just before high season begins. 10 minute walk to beautiful lakeside park and easy drive to Auburn or Skaneateles. I do have to agree with a prior review regarding breakfast though. Given this is an inn, I expected something more substantial and wonder how they manage the set-up when the inn is full. Regardless, all in all a great stay. I would stay here again.

Room tip: All seem pretty private
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Booked package through Groupon at very reasonable rates. Greeted at entrance by Daniel to assist us with our luggage; he also served as our dinner host. We were upgraded to a suite without any fanfare and proceeded to enjoy the old fashioned theme of this location while we indulged in the complimentary wine and cheese board which was delivered to our room. Dinner in the Oak and Vine restaurant was delicious in a casual atmosphere. The following morning we met the owner Mr. Lattimore and enjoyed his conversation while having a continental breakfast. We look forward to returning at the first opportunity.

Room tip: The number of rooms are limited and are at 3 floor levels so climbing stairs might present a problem.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

The entrance and first impressions are very important. Upon entering the inn, the reception desk is in a tucked away in cubby hole, not very enticing. Not attractive and a bit messy. Our room was very nice although the floors are very creaky. Our bed was on the soft side and not great. Continental breakfast wasn't much so we opted for the Auburn Diner. A bit pricey and I think the staff could have been more welcoming .

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

My friends and I spent the weekend at Springside Inn for a girls trip. The decor is charming and the food reminded us of home cooked meals that Grandma used to make. The rooms are very clean. But, the best part is that the staff made us feel like we were at home. Everyone was Soooooo nice. Too bad I live in Georgia otherwise I’d make the trip to stay there several times a year!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank nursejacqui627
Reviewed 6 February 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed there at the biggining of January this year. We had to drive 8 hours in a pretty bad snow storm to get there. We were exhausted when we arrived.

Right when we parked, a man came up to us to welcome us at the hotel and helped with our luggages. We booked this place online tru groupon without really looking at pictures or the area. We were completely amazed by how nice the place was. I have to say that I love old houses and everything that is vintage. My boyfriend is not a fan, but he still loved it. The bathroom is perfectly renovated, the bed was comfortable, the bar and the dinning room are charming, there is a nice fireplace...

The most important thing in my opinion: the staff was AMAZING! I have travelled quite a bit and I have never been so happy with the service (It's my first review ever, because they really deserved it). We were the only guest that night and they did everything they could to make us feel important. After our diner, I told them to not make too much food for breakfast, that I usually eat a baggel and fruits. When we woke up, there was fresh coffee, 4 different kind of bagel, a really big bowl of fresh cut fruits and a lot of other little things.

I can't wait to go back. It's worth the drive from Québec city!

Date of stay: January 2018