All reviews nice hotel garlic rice swimming pool breakfast food living room dining experience the main hotel bell boy provincial hotel checking in new wing welcome drink caught my attention iced coffee tocino executive suite hotel room
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Good place for meetings and functions, great service, and the hotel staff are very attentive and really accommodating. We appreciate Abby for being so helpful for all our request and Clotle for all our event logistics.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Judy M, Resident Manager at Pontefino Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Scarlet R,

Thank you very much for your warm review. On behalf of the entire Pontefino Hotel & Residences family, I would like to thank you for sharing with us your wonderful experience.

Please allow me to share this review to my team so they may be encouraged to continue doing what they do best.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The place is very picturesque, like picture-perfect Italy! The food is great and the pool is amazing!

We booked a suite in a newly constructed part of the building and the interior is very classy and tasteful and very clean. All looks and smells so new! The suite rooms have a private pool in front of the building so you can have your privacy.

The food at the restaurant is wonderful especially the Filipino dishes. The Manager, Mr Peter was very accommodating and helpful.

Definitely a must visit when you have a free weekend to laze away and unwind.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Judy M, Resident Manager at Pontefino Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Ms. Lai,

Thank you for your review during your stay at Pontefino Hotel & Residences.

I am glad that you enjoyed our Suites, food and facilities. I truly appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations especially Peter of Houskeeping. This is an encouragement for us to continue in giving our service to you, our valued guest.

It is a pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon at Pontefino Hotel & Residences.

Glad to be of service,

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Considering that this is the #1 hotel according to TripAdvisor in Batangas City, my family and I expected a higher room quality than what we experienced.
The room at first glance was neat and clean but then we noticed that the curtains had holes in them and to cover some of this up, the back of the curtains were painted with large amounts of white paint. As opposed to changing the curtains, this method was used which was not pleasant to see in a hotel room.
Mildew was present in the shower and on the bidet which was just plain unsanitary. The bathroom was a very disappointing sight, considering that a hotel stay cannot be made enjoyable if cleanliness isn't a priority.
The tub for the shower was also high and difficult to climb into- a warning if you are staying with an elderly loved one.
During our breakfast the next day we also noticed that the staff maintaining the area did not budge to clean some food that fell on the floor, instead all were just standing to the side.
The pool in this hotel is big with a lot of chairs surrounding it. Bad choice of flooring around it though as it was very slippery and dangerous so if staying with small children, please notify them to be careful.
The outside of the hotel seems to have aged considerably but not gracefully so upkeep is needed.
Also, while we were staying at this hotel in June the elevators were still down so make sure if they are up and running again if accessibility is your main concern.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank GabrielleB1041
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We booked at Pontefino Hotel for an overnight room since we had an early meeting the following day. Arriving from MetroManila a bit late at night, we were tired and simply wanted to take a shower and rest. While the reception was friendly, as most provincial hotels go, the counter was not energetic. We had previous arrangements but she still seemed not to know what to do. First thing was to ask our names so she could check the hotel's manual list. This she didn't do and had to ask us 2 or 3 times what was our company name. Finally, one of us took the list herself to figure out why she looked confused. Finally, that was sorted out. My room was spacious and ok. Still looked a bit worn our, esp the bathroom. The bed was comfortable but the air conditioning didn'd work well. The room was warm and no matter how the remote was adjusted, it didn't work well. Since I was tired and we only had a night to stay, I didn't bother to call the staff anymore. Breakfast buffet was something I would gladly skip. Too salty and offerings were not appealing to me. Lunch, however, was the saving grace for the day - quite good as chosen by our own staff. The binagoongan was delicious and tasted like home-cooking. Loved it! Meeting room was ok and good only for ordinary , simple meetings.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The dining experience at Pastorelli is really good. The food still tastes great. The portion size is still far better compared to toher restos. Their steak is a little pricey though but the taste is superb. The service goes the extra mile for every single thing that we asked for.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family