See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2015

Previous reviews of the SM Travelodge Hotel in Batangas, Philippines have reported incorrect information. So, let’s get some things corrected. This hotel, like most all, has strong points and some negatives. First, this hotel is not surrounded by “girly” bars as has been reported. In fact, it is located quite remote and not close to any c-stores, restaurants, bars, etc. While the remote location gives a quiet and restful feeling, no being close essential shopping is a problem. SM Travel Lodge does have a restaurant, but the hours are limited, and having no other restaurants close is limiting. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The exterior grounds are amazing and precisely groomed. The beautiful grounds are good enough to be on a magazine cover. And, the interior is as clean as I have ever seen. The floors are so clean they sparkle and the interior spaces are well appointed. The A/C unit is small but adequate and quiet. The rooms have a spacious feel, and the bathroom has a huge oversized shower with good water pressure though there are no bathroom amenities except two small bars of soap. SM Travelodge advertises double beds, but the bed is more like an oversized twin bed. So, an average size can couple could fit on the bed, but they may not be completely comfortable on the smaller bed. The bed is comfortable and has good pillows. The TV is a 13” tube type, and there is no in-room safe. To my amazement, there are no cups/glasses in the rooms, and you cannot even get a glass at the front desk.
Everything is not perfect at the SM Travelodge. But for a budget hotel, it an extremely clean hotel that offers good value for the money. I would stay at SM Travelodge again if I was in Batangas.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Dee E
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I regret not heeding the negative review in tripadvisor for this hotel.

toilet flush don't work, aircon units are noisy, personnel staff rude, and the extra bed squeaked because it is made only of plywood nailed together and a thin foam. there was this one negative review here that says all they are after is "money, money, money". well, i have to say that is true. this is the only hotel I encountered that treats its guests not as guests but possible fugitives. We spent 3 days here and because their card swiper does not accept atms, I will have to do 2 transfers in 2 days for 10K each (the limit of the bank for the day). day 2 is not even over and they are calling all 11 rooms we booked harassing my companion, calling me in the middle of my conference demanding payment using the foulest language a person in the hotel industry can use on her guest.

I really don't know how to describe this place. I have been to many places and as a group we've been travelling for 3 years now (with me), before me this group has been everywhere. And this is the only place in the Philippines that I experienced the worst customer service there is. Mindanao, Visayas, and Northern Luzon hotels are all courteous and good hosts. This one, they really are not into taking care of guests.

When in batangas, stay away from this hotel. They are sure to ruin your sleep and make you feel unwelcome.

I regret not having heeded the bad reviews. Don't make the same mistake i did.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have cabinets, the lower level rooms do not. BUt please do not book this hotel, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Sheryl S
Rizcastle, Manager at SM Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

We are extremely sorry this guest was not satisfied with her stay with us. Their reservation came at a very challenging circumstance where all hotels and lodging in the city were fully booked. All group reservations where informed that cash payment should be in order before occupancy due to the volume of guest. Her group was allowed to check in without full settlement, upon promising that she will transfer funds thru electronic transmittance and email her receipt. Our accounting department waited for her till the next morning, but ironically she was the one who felt offended and felt harassed that she was being reminded of the agreement when she left the hotel premises and failed to show or send proof of settlement.

Upon investigation, we learned that she is preparing for her BAR exams. She decided to join her group for spiritual assembly and accepted her assignment to settle payment with us without thorough communication with their group coordinator.

Given her situation, it was not surprising that among the 161 guests she was the only one who reacted so negatively as almost all groups were very grateful that they were provided a decent, clean and affordable accommodation.

Her complain on noisy airconditioner were fully attended and the unit was changed immediately. The bed cushion were bought in as soon as their request was received, even without knowing that they got the bed of the owner as we have run out of extra bed.

We sent her a letter of apology and wish her well in her exams and hopefully hope that she realize too that we are not the kind of establishment she perceived us to be. We value our customer relation and we try to keep our rates reasonable and affordable even during great demands where we could have increased our
tariff.

We are a budget hotel and sad to say some guests demands more than they paid for and run to social media to ruin ones reputation to justify an iniquitous undertaking.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

#Advantages:

-Price is good with some good facilities. -Reception were helpful and they tried to help me as much as they can. -Room service are good. -The hotel is not bad, and has some sweet birds.! -i can say it deserves the money that i paid.

#Disadvantages:

-I did n`t like the Toilet, it was not good at all, very very very bad and not clean at all very dirty. -Also they do not provide the facilities that written on the site like the hot tub and other facilities. -Also the bed is quit old and we did not like it, a bit old. And T.v was really small. -Air conditioner old and noisy. -And it`s very far from tourists spots like mabini and beaches but thats why its not expensive. -And it was hard for us to reach the location of the hotel., But the gps saved us and guide us to them, but still. -And their restaurant is expensive. -If you wanna enjoy with batangas and views and tourists spots I do not recommend you this hotel.. But if your a businessman or whatever you do not care about visiting tourists spots and enjoy with this city.. I recommend it to you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Crylock
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here for one night in april 2013. i had just got to batangas from manila airport and wanted one night here so i did not have to get a ferry in the dark. when i arrived i was given my room and it was fine but i did not realize they had upped the room rate much more higher than their advertised web-site price. also the staff told me it was 250 peso to get a taxi bike to the ferry port in the morning? but when i went for a short walk around the area before bedtime i spoke with some local people and taxi-bike owners and i found out it was only 100 peso to the port? the staff had hiked this price also and would of offered the taxi man his money and kept the rest for them self's... just be aware of the little scams that await you here

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank stevemcfc18
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel rocks! So affordable. Very near the Star Tollway straight to Manila or neighboring cities. Never have to encounter the busy traffic jam in the city.

Hello! The price is only a quarter of what the other hotels posted here! Pontifino, Days Hotel charges too much and yet you get the same comfortable sleep and rest. Even better. I use to stay in those hotels not until I discovered this place from a business traveller like me. The food were so good. Learned to appreciate Filipino food like sinigang, crispy pig knuckles, their "adobo" is to die for, and also the ox tail.

Not much amenities like the pool, but I prefer a good massage after a long day work. They have it there and don't charge as much! They charges for the WiFi though. Very fast connection depending on your room site. Very nice and accommodating hotel staff.

The place is very clean. Beautiful garden with birds.

I'm hooked and made this hotel my second home when I travel down south.

Have to get advanced reservation as their hotel is almost always fully booked in the internet.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business