See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2014

#Advantages:

-Price is good with some good facilities. -Reception were helpful and they tried to help me as much as they can. -Room service are good. -The hotel is not bad, and has some sweet birds.! -i can say it deserves the money that i paid.

#Disadvantages:

-I did n`t like the Toilet, it was not good at all, very very very bad and not clean at all very dirty. -Also they do not provide the facilities that written on the site like the hot tub and other facilities. -Also the bed is quit old and we did not like it, a bit old. And T.v was really small. -Air conditioner old and noisy. -And it`s very far from tourists spots like mabini and beaches but thats why its not expensive. -And it was hard for us to reach the location of the hotel., But the gps saved us and guide us to them, but still. -And their restaurant is expensive. -If you wanna enjoy with batangas and views and tourists spots I do not recommend you this hotel.. But if your a businessman or whatever you do not care about visiting tourists spots and enjoy with this city.. I recommend it to you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Crylock
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here for one night in april 2013. i had just got to batangas from manila airport and wanted one night here so i did not have to get a ferry in the dark. when i arrived i was given my room and it was fine but i did not realize they had upped the room rate much more higher than their advertised web-site price. also the staff told me it was 250 peso to get a taxi bike to the ferry port in the morning? but when i went for a short walk around the area before bedtime i spoke with some local people and taxi-bike owners and i found out it was only 100 peso to the port? the staff had hiked this price also and would of offered the taxi man his money and kept the rest for them self's... just be aware of the little scams that await you here

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank stevemcfc18
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel rocks! So affordable. Very near the Star Tollway straight to Manila or neighboring cities. Never have to encounter the busy traffic jam in the city.

Hello! The price is only a quarter of what the other hotels posted here! Pontifino, Days Hotel charges too much and yet you get the same comfortable sleep and rest. Even better. I use to stay in those hotels not until I discovered this place from a business traveller like me. The food were so good. Learned to appreciate Filipino food like sinigang, crispy pig knuckles, their "adobo" is to die for, and also the ox tail.

Not much amenities like the pool, but I prefer a good massage after a long day work. They have it there and don't charge as much! They charges for the WiFi though. Very fast connection depending on your room site. Very nice and accommodating hotel staff.

The place is very clean. Beautiful garden with birds.

I'm hooked and made this hotel my second home when I travel down south.

Have to get advanced reservation as their hotel is almost always fully booked in the internet.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank John_Smith4075
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I got my accommodations at SM Travelodge from Agoda.com promo! We have a family wedding and the bride was a local resident in Batangas City Philippines. As we have spent a lot from flying ,traveling and preparing for the wedding, it isn’t a bad idea that we look for the cheapest accommodation we could possibly get in the area.
Upon arriving at the hotel, and seeing the cleanliness and beautifully manicured garden I got curious and inquired about the executive rooms I saw in the internet. Seeing the recently renovated rooms with Jacuzzi at an affordable price, I couldn’t resist to get a booking for the newly weds as our wedding present. Afterall, the savings we got from our accommodations can still spare us 2 more nights to give my brother and his wife. The couple were so happy they even extended their stay at the hotel. They were even given Philippine souvenirs as they were treated very special.

Nice, clean hotel at a surprisingly affordable price. Also hospitable and accommodating personel!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank mary m
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I made the mistake of booking a Junior Executive room here, (with a hot tub!) thinking it would be a romantic (and affordable) place to stay during a weekend trip to Batangas with my girlfriend. It was (by far) the worst possible place you could try to take your girlfriend on any kind of romantic getaway.

When we first arrived, they drove us straight into the hourly section and lowered the curtain behind us; we had to explain that we had a reservation, and weren't there for the "short-stay" service. I'm white and my girlfriend is pinay, so I guess odds would indicate that it was a reasonable assumption on their part, however; it did not start off the weekend in a way that would lend itself to any sort of romance.

Other reviews were lacking this bit of information--THIS IS AN HOURLY HOTEL! And it is in the worst possible area to try to have a romantic time. Nothing but girly bars are on the street surrounding the hotel (which is not very close to the center of the city). I made the mistake of letting my girlfriend go out by herself to get something from the grocery store (about 600m straight down the road) in the afternoon, and when she came back she was so angry because not just one, but TWO people had pulled over while she was walking and asked her for her "price", so it is located in THAT kind of area.

Now, there are different kinds of people, and if the aforementioned things are what you are looking for, then by all means this may be the perfect place to stay for even a few nights.

The location (other than what I mentioned above) was relatively far from downtown Batangas, and there was no sort of non-girly night life (not even a sit-down restaurant!) within reasonable walking distance. And the fact that Batangas doesn't really have taxis made us a little hesitant to stray very far from the hotel at night which meant that we didn't do anything at night except hang out in the room.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, though they weren't very informative and couldn't tell us anything about the area or things to do. The room was as clean as an hourly hotel room could be, but it still had the grungy smell and feel of an hourly hotel.

Overall, if you are with a family, or a significant other, I would stay far away from this hotel, even for the tempting price, primarily due to its location. However, if you are by yourself and/or interested in the girly-bar type night life--the hotel itself was acceptable and affordable--it may be perfect for you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple