“a hotel for Backpackers!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Mountain Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Blue Mountain Hotel
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Muntinlupa City, Rizal, Philippines
“a hotel for Backpackers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Blue mountain hotel is definitely dedicated for backpackers who just want a place to sleep and explore the city of pines. Affordable rooms for as low as 600+. The room that I got includes 2 beds which is good for 4 for only 895 per night. Hot and cold shower and cable TV is included. Kitchen utensils available upon request. The security however is not that strict as people come and go without being checked. so better not leave your valuables behind. But it is still one of the best budget friendly hotels in Baguio. Location is quite good as it is located along Marcos Highway.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Bino B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manila
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

We had a room facing the highway. Buses, jeeps, trucks, and cars could be heard throughout the day passing by. The room size and amenities was just right i guess for the price we paid. There were lots of people going in & out of the hotel, without being checked or screened by the staff at Reception, no security at all. There was also a grocery store and a Korean restaurant outside the hotel just in case you didn't like the food in the small eatery inside the hotel.

Room Tip: get a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Joey S
Caloocan City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

It's my second time in Baguio but since my first trip was work-related, I didn't get enough time to roam around Baguio. My husband and I decided to visit since we still haven't had our "honeymoon" and it's also our very first "couple's trip". I've been searching for a hotel that has a nice view, good value for money and great accommodation but definitely not a five-star hotel since we're going to spend most of the time outdoors. Just a secure, nice place to stay. Good thing I browsed on this site and found different, interesting hotels. I read some reviews about this hotel and I thought this is the one for us. I immediately SMS Mark Robles to book for a mountain view room for 2 but at that time, all mountain view rooms were fully-booked. The only available room was a mt view room for 4. Mark was very nice to offer that for a lesser price just to accommodate us so I immediately grabbed the opportunity and book it.

We checked in early at the hotel and the staff were very nice to accommodate us. The location is great since it was just 2-5minutes away from the terminal and 5 minutes away from the town proper (Session road). There is a hotel restaurant near the lobby and there is also a convenient room beside it. The room was very neat and spacious with a mini-table and a cable TV. The bathroom was big and very clean with hot and cold shower. But what I really loved about this room was the breath-taking view from the veranda and I think it is the best thing here. Our room is located at the 3rd floor of the hotel and just one floor away from the roof top where you can have a different look at the the view. I wish their blanket could have been bigger and thicker since it was very cold at night but apart from that, our stay was a very nice experience. I will definitely come back here with my family.

Room Tip: Choose mountain view rooms in 3rd floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank mrqr_dl
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I tried so hard to like Blue Mountain but I can't like a hotel with a bathroom that smells and sheets, a flimsy blanket and pillows that have seen better days. I had to book an overnight room for my mother and sister for an emergency during the new year and Blue Mountain looked like it gave value for money. The staff who answered my calls was very accommodating and booked me immediately. My mother arrived ahead of me and my sister and they kindly let her in the room to rest while waiting for us.

The room was clean but we almost gagged at the smell coming from the bathroom. It was clean but the smell lingered and no amount of spraying on our part could make it better. The room also smelled stale. Also, I understand it was a budget room but I wish they could have provided thicker blankets for their guests. My mother was freezing despite closing all the windows.

I guess you get what you pay for but maybe for a little bit more care from the owners, update their facilities - or even just clean the rooms a little better and improve the bed linen - guests could definitely come knocking at their doors in droves. This hotel is very accessible from transportation and has a great view. It has the potential to be a good place to stay or a seedy one due to neglect.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank KikayGeekGoddess
Cavite City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

nice room choose mountain view, basic service ok lang mabait and friendly sila sa bata, cozy friendly staff. easy access to city proper just ride jeep tapos pabalik ride jeep going to bakakeng.. or just taxi ride for 50 pesos to sm baguio...

Room Tip: choose mountain view just call to reserve
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family