All reviews heated pool wright park gingerbread house breakfast buffet great mountain botanical gardens big event huge tv tourist spots areas for improvement open the balcony door many selections raisin bread ceiling fan basic necessities room service called housekeeping
Reviewed 5 July 2018

When I go to Baguio, I always eat here with my family for their merienda buffet. Reasonable price and food are quite okay :). This hotel also have other buffets like for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The price are good for the food they serve :)

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia L
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I could see several bad reviews about this hotel but what I can share here is the first hand experience during my 3-day, 2-night stay at Newtown. First off, the location of the hotel is of a certain distance from the more crowded areas of Baguio but makes up for the presence of several restaurants and even two teller machines where I conveniently withdrew money from, all within the hotel premises. The hotel is built more than 10 meters away from the main road so travelers are assured of a peaceful and quiet sleep. The room is generally clean as well as the bathroom and while the room had no airconditioning unit but had a fan, I only had to open the balcony door to welcome the cool breeze for a comfortable night's sleep (I could not say the same had I stayed there at the peak of summer). Staff service was so so but the taste of breakfast food was always pleasant.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days with my husband as we our newly wed and would like to explore Baguio however we both didn't enjoy our stay as we have to move onto a diff room bec when we were back to our original room it was full of insects (moth /flying ants) "gamu gamo" . Though the room was ok without the insects, it lacks fridge as we thought its included as typical hotel. The breakfast was merely Filipino type which would have been better if its international so other clients who are not use to eating rice may have other options aside from the cereals which is available. Its quite irritating too as there are a lot of flies roaming around on top of the bread, viands etc.The staffs are kind & courteous but room service is terrible. You have to call every single day just for them to clean the room which is suppose to be a daily activity for the house keeping staff. Price is too much if service is bad. The toilet is terrible, it clogged and looks like a public toilet as it has the old style to flush the toilet. Wifi was terrible . It's not available in the room. Only available in the lobby. Completely unsatisfied customer. Not value for money.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Be aware if your traveling in a motorcycle! !!! My family and i decided to eat in this hotel my family was on a SUV and i am in a motorcycle. Its start to rain heavily on the way there so i decided to go ahead of them. I arrive in the car park around 14:00hrs. when the rain poured very heavy. I ask the guard if i can park at the side of the pillars the car park was half empty but he told me that i should park outside. In the rain. He really suck with his job is he out of his mind. He want me to go out in the rain just to park my motorcyle..... And my family arrived finaly and park at the second floor so i decided to park next to our SUV but the second parking guard told me to park on the first floor and talk to his parking guard partner. If they really want me to park my motorcycle outside i would have done it but if its not raining. Why dont he park my motorcycle outside the rain himself. Im very disappointed with your service i will never recomend your hotel to all my riding buddies to go in your hotel. Management please train your personel to be more insensitive on different situations. The food, wait, usher and concierge staff are nice exemption to the two parking guards. I didn't even enjoy eating my food because of the way i get treated.. I would have given you five stars if that incident didn't happen. Sorry your lost we will never eat on your hotel again ever. Bad bad experience.....

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I booked rooms here to serve as preparation rooms for our wedding. The room space was okay and it was clean too. We were able to finish my entourage’s make up. And took great pictures!

Only downside i noticed is that they don’t have a/c in the room. I know it is in baguio but there are still times when the weather is hot. Hopefully that can be addressed.

Food is good. Service is good. And parking space is wide!

Date of stay: May 2017