All reviews heated pool wright park gingerbread house breakfast buffet great mountain botanical gardens big event huge tv tourist spots areas for improvement open the balcony door many selections raisin bread ceiling fan basic necessities room service called housekeeping
Reviewed 28 August 2015

I love this place! I'm so happy we stayed here. Since my kids love to swim, and Baguio has colder weather, you really need a heated pool. I initially considered Le Monet but good thing I called them up and they told me their pool was under renovation. So happy that I was able to find Newton Plaza Hotel! It's more affordable yet they also had a wonderful heated pool. The buffet breakfast was also delicious. The room was spacious - we requested higher floors to get a nice view and fresher air. Rooms have no aircons, but you don't really need an aircon with the cool Baguio weather.

The location of the place was also convenient - we brought a car so it was easy for us to get around. Botanical Gardens was just a few meters away and it's also near Wright Park and The Ketchup Food Community. I also like the staff - especially the receptionist who I always talked to, she was always friendly and smiling. The parking attendant was quick to attend us whenever we drove off.

Will definitely stay here again when in Baguio!

Room tip: high floors have better view and fresher air
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Helene S
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

About 1 hour after having breakfast at their restaurant, I realized that I left my bag there. I went down to check if it was still there and found it at the reception area. The lady said that a waiter saw it and surrendered it to her. Thanks to the waiter who found it.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichelinMoon
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

My husband and my 1 -yr old son stayed in this hotel back in Jan 2015, and I must say, I was impressed by this new hotel. The facade was not yet finished during our trip but the interiors were well-designed and the lobby was first-class. You wouldn't notice this though when you enter from the parking area as there was construction going on.
The room we had had 2 double beds which we combined to get 1 huge bed where our son could play and do his business. The bed and pillows were comfy. The bathroom was new and clean. The only caveat was that there was no airconditioning. This was not an issue to us on January but I can imagine it being an issue during summer or when there's high humidity.
I love their breakfast buffet spread, had a lot of choices. The pool outside was not heated at the time but I realized that I would not want to swim there as the pool was overlooking from the restaurant. Great mountain view though from our room and the pool side.
I will probably stay in this hotel again if they start having aircon rooms or we'll go there during the cooler seasons.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Charmedtraveller
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Staff were friendly and accommodating. Reception was open 24 hours which was great as we arrived at 2.30 in the morning.

The room was big and had the basic amenities; however, iron and ironing board needed to be requested along with a hair dryer. For the picky people who have preference as to the firmness of their pillows, consider requesting for an additional pillow as the ones in the room were very soft.

Breakfast buffet had both hot and cold offerings, but catered more towards the Filipino palate (ie. fried and steamed rice, meat, dim sims, fried eggs, etc). Salad was available but limited in terms of ingredients as well as bread rolls and sweet bread. For tea drinkers, you'll need to order it from the wait staff.

My only peeve would have to be the poor sound proofing. When we arrived at 2.30 in the morning, I got woken up at 5.50 am by the sound of the TV from next door along with the incessant banging of doors opening and closing. Housekeeping then informed me that the walls weren't made of concrete blocks which meant you could practically hear the noise next door and those coming from the corridor. Fortunately, we had more considerate neighbours the following nights and were able to sleep soundly.

While wifi was available, it was only available at the lobby and at the restaurant. Not sure how well they work as they weren't working while we were there.

Construction was ongoing while we were there but reception informed us that the workers don't start until 8 in the morning.

Room tip: Ask for higher room with a mountain view
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ShmiShem
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I have learned from countless hotel experiences that a hotel is priced according to available amenities. After endless researching about the perfect Baguio hotel, the price that came out for this hotel (which has an in-house resto, an everyday buffet, a heated pool, and a revered Baguio view) versus the rave reviews seemed too good to be true.

We arrived on a rainy evening and the facade that greeted us was nice but not that impressive (NewTown residences beside the hotel was under construction). The lobby, though, exuded a grand modern feel with its high ceilings and blue-lit panels. The Receptionist, Arlene, was so warm and accommodating, it already made me feel like I made the perfect choice. She got us through the check-in with no inconveniences, and she gave us our requests in a heartbeat.

The buffet in the morning was delicious and very varied, it didn't feel greasy or fatty like your usual hotel silog breakfasts. On our first morning, they served Pancakes, Rolls, Plain and Fried Rice, Pork Tapa, Corned Beef, Lechon Macau, White Chicken, Beef Brisket, Sotanghon Guisado, and DIMSUM! For dessert, they had Brownies, Watermelons, Papaya, Banana and some juices. They even cook your eggs according to how you liked it! They also have other restos at the first floor, including the only Singaporean Cuisine Resto in the city, Rasa Pura.

The room (including the bathroom) was clean and well-maintained, the pillows and sheets are fluffy. The Vanity Mirror had a touch-switch embedded in the mirror itself to turn on the overhead lights, and all toiletries are provided (shampoo, toothbrush and soap) including robes and slippers. Water supply was more than sufficient.

Best of all, the view outside was breathtaking! What is Baguio without a view? Definitely, this hotel will give you a real Baguio experience.

SOME TIPS:
1. Book the Mountain View / Deluxe Rooms and you will wake up with a smile everyday.
2. The hot shower may not satisfy you enough if you are used to a really hot bath. Luckily for me, the temperature was to my liking. I just hate scalding baths!
3. If you are commuting, cabs may not be as frequent here, especially at night.
4. Park at Basement 1, which is on the same floor level as the Hotel Entrance. Basement Two would require you to walk a bit further (with some steep stairs) to get to the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2015