“Breakfast Buffet”
Review of Citylight Hotel

Citylight Hotel
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This is my second time to have the breakfast buffet here in City Light Hotel in Baguio. I would say that this time around, it was not as enjoyable as the first. The general ambiance of the place is really quite nice, the service staff was great as well. They have also increased their price for the breakfast buffet from 180 pesos to 195 pesos per person. Not bad in terms of price. But this time around, I think the quality and variety of the viands served lacked oomph! The coffee was very light and I could taste more of the creamer than the coffee. The juices were terribly sweet and I couldn't even finish the drink, it was that sweet. The pancake station was not inviting either, the batter used looked uninteresting and flat. They had siomai which was also a big disappointment because it was on the bland side and it was hard to the bite. The beef pares was better this time around as it was a bit more tender than the first time I tried it. The eggs were average. I asked for black pepper from the wait staff but they could not find any. That was a big blunder for me. How can a restaurant not have black pepper. For the price, I would say it was okay but for me it was not even worth it anymore. I would not recommend this place unless absolutely necessary.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dixon T

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We arrived in Baguio at around 6am and then we headed straight to City Light to grab some breakfast. To our surprise, their incredible breakfast buffet was worth only P180 with drinks! it's not the biggest buffet table I've been to but definitely one of the cheapest. They had everything we wanted for breakfast - bread, fried rice, egg, ham, pancakes, various fried viands and of course hot&cold drinks. They also had a wonderful service. It was a great time to catch up with my Baguio friends who flocked the restaurant like wildfire. We stayed there for at least two more hours as we wait for our room to be available in another place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZyrusDeri
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Just checked in today, it was a last minute booking, which I found is difficult to accomplish being its the high season here in Baguio, and it's the Philippines.

My impressions so far, it's new and fairly clean. Location is good as its only a few short blocks off of Sessions Road. If hills aren't an issue, if they are taxis are plentiful and all are metered. Room rate is 2600 pesos for a "deluxe" room.

Now the negatives, they advertise free wifi, but when I checked in found it's only available in the lobby, which is overlooked by a night club with the music blasting all evening. Furnishings are spartan, no refrigerator in room, nor is the an in room safe. Not even a fan. And since its Baguio, no aircon, windows do fully open (hoping there aren't any mosquitoes). And for a hotel that's only a year old according to the porter, the hall and room carpets are seriously stained.

Now for me here's the kicker, the beds are rock hard. I haven't yet determined what they used for a mattress, but when I laid down on it (of course after paying for the first night on check in) I could immediately fell my back begin to hurt.

Looks to me like the owners ran out of money when it came time to purchase the furnishings, fixtures and equipment.

I've already found an older hotel closer to the center of town and I'll be checking out in the morning.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms appear to be the view rooms, we were shown two rooms on the second floor, the eve...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatSoCal
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Very new and impressive hotel with nice front desk staff. Unfortunately, the room cleaners were dishonest by not returning my wedding ring after I had left it in the toilet only realising it after check out.

The rooms in the basements have very thin walls. You can hear or communicate via the walls. Every morning, we were woken up by people talking along the corridor. Most unpleasant!

Room Tip: Do not choose the lowest rate rooms. Go for the mid range ones.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Algena
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My family stayed here March 7-9 then again March 14- 17, 2012. I have the utmost admiration to the Staff from the guard to the receptionists. " They serve with a smile". Check in only took a few minutes ( I don't know about busy days ) There were only a few customers at the time. Room is average. A deluxe room has two full size beds ( I was assured 2 queens). Bare walls with only a chair and a flat screen TV. No air condition, but was assured that they will have it by next year when we come back. Bathroom is okay, continuous hot water service unlike other hotels where they run out of hot water towards late morning. Their breakfast buffet is excellent for 180.00 pesos ( $4.20 ), they serve garlic rice, pancakes, toast with PB and J. salted fish, corned beef, ham , sausage , pansit etc... They change menus every morning. Waiters readily bus your empty plates and readily replenish food. ( unlike breakfast at the Veniz Hotel where the seem to wait forever to replenish food )They give you 2 free buffets each day of stay. It is walking distance to SM, cathedral and to spa places. Taxis are abundant and their basement garage is very convenient to patrons/visitors and utilize the elevator to the rooms or the restaurants. Their coffee shop serve the best pastries, a little pricey but oh well, they serve coffee pressed one cup at a time. Their lobby is very spacious and decorated with modern furnishings.
I would definitely come back here if they install air conditions in the rooms and maintain their low rates)

Room Tip: The difference between a 2,600 pesos and a 2,900 pesos room is a verandah. The 2,100 pesos room is i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family