All reviews lake titicaca gate tour very nice hotel road noise beautiful view of lake the hotel's restaurant minute drive lakeside hotel no air conditioning good size other hotels free oxygen breakfast buffet taxi into town uros islands altitude sickness wifi connection
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Good selection of Peruvian foods on a full menu. Chicken stew was served hot and garnished nicely. On a chilly night there is a warm fireplace that adds to dining pleasure. Wonderful friendly and attentive service from Juan.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jimena S, Ecommerce at Hotel Jose Antonio Puno, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Customer. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I am sure that all of our hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. You can follow us on our Facebook page for promotions that you might be interested in. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Staff was excellent. From there not overly impressed. The stock photos make this property look more impressive than I remember it. Very sterile decor. Good views of lake Titicaca but our balcony was shared with 5-6 rooms. I would have loved to open our door at night (primarily because our room had a strong odor) for safety purposes I didn't want to leave access to our room with others. I would have asked for another room but our teenage children were in the room next to us and for safety purposes did not want to be separated from them. (their room didn't smell). I am not sure if this room had heat or air, lacked air movement, but plenty of blankets kept us cozy. Room just felt stuffy and whatever the smell was caused my allergies to flair. Their was a weird interior window above the shower that the second night my husband closed. Thought maybe helped the smell but maybe I just adjusted.

The bartender was amazing and helpful and the staff in the restaurant were fine. The Chicken soup was very good other dishes just ok. Great location but rooms need a little help.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank bagswife
Jimena S, Ecommerce at Hotel Jose Antonio Puno, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to improve our service. We will make sure that your complaints are passed on to all staff. On the other hand, I will personally supervise it!
Best regards

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel Jose Antonio is a modern hotel with all the amenities (including wifi), but the location a short distance from Puno affords quiet and spectacular views. I could easily see the vastness of Lake Titicaca out my siding glass door and even better from my 5th floor balcony. The hotel even had its own dock in which you could arrange and board tour boats, very convenient! The breakfast best buffet was extensive and evening meals were authentic featuring local specialties such as trout.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Jimena S, Director Comercial at Hotel Jose Antonio Puno, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We stayed here for one night on our way to taking the train from Puno to Cusco. The hotel is conveniently located on the outskirts of town, overlooking Lake Titicaca, with well-appointed rooms (standard Jose Antonio issue), a cozy bar-lounge and a large dining room with good food at reasonable prices. Our waitress, Gladys, was very attentive and efficient. There was a problem with the smoke detector in our room (it needed a new battery and started beeping), we called reception and a maintenance crew came and fixed it immediately.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces out towards the lake, some face the town and have only a side view of the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jimena S, Ecommerce at Hotel Jose Antonio Puno, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Customer. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am so glad to hear that our staff made your stay enjoyable. You can follow us on our Facebook page for promotions that you might be interested in. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

The hotel is about 5 km out of Puno and was appropriate for our type of travel. It is a nice hotel with great views of the lake, comfortable beds and clean rooms. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The restaurant and the bar were really good too. So was a plentiful and diverse breakfast in the morning. We had a gourmet dinner in the evening of our arrival and our waitress Gladys was extremely good with her recommendations and service.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple