-Better than most beach resorts that we have visited in the tropics.
-The resort offers a very nice beach (some say the best in Panama), a great location, well kept grounds, and excellent service from the restaurant and bar staff.
-Amazing weather in February, with one day much like the next. Not drop of rain with lots of sun.
-The resort felt safe and we had no problems.
-Great opportunity to interact with Spanish speaking people from Central and South America.
-Friendly local people, especially if one can speak Spanish with them.
-The security box in our villa was a joke. It was loose on the wall, barely held there by a few loose washers and nuts. I could have pulled it off the wall and walked away with the box and contents. We complained about this twice, but even after a week it had not been properly repaired.
-Expensive internet ($15 a day for WiFi). In comparison, most hotels offer free internet access for those that bring their own computers. A money grab at the Decameron.
-I had no idea that we had that many overweight and out of shape Canadians (both male and female) in Canada. Most definitely looked better fully clothed than in their swim suits.
-Many of the Canadians roamed in packs with their friends that they had come down with and had little to do with those around them. Some seemed to think that they had a right to be loud, drunk, rude, and obnoxious - the stereotypical arrogant tourists in a foreign country. At times, we were embarrassed to be Canadians. To be fair, we also met very nice Canadians who were a credit to Canada.
-The tour company could adjust a few policies. Why do they charge extra to select seats on the airplane? Didn't we already pay for seats? Also, the main rep at the resort didn't seem to take much interest in his company's customers; maybe it was a cultural east-west Canada problem. Yet, thank you to the tour company for making it easy for Canadians to travel to Panama.
-Poor quality sit-on kayaks with not many options for paddling. One has to paddle within a relatively small roped off area in front of the beach - I guess that is so that they don't lose the tourists.
Fortunately, the positives far outweighed the negatives. We loved the resort and the country and well may go back again. Many of the tourists that we met at the resort were repeat customers. Most seemed to love the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino Panama/Farallon
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama