All reviews larger bed restaurant serves few blocks cable tv recommend this hotel stay there again comfortable beds lobby
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We stayed at Puerta del Sol hotel and our experience was fine. The girls at the reception are very polite and try to help you in everything. We asked for a room with window wich we got so no complain at all. The restaurant serves lovely food and the prices are ok. Clean, centric, close to everything and with good parking with roof. Thanks very much for making our time pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2017

This is an older hotel that was fine. It had the standard things including a/c, tv and minibar. I stayed here for 3 nights. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and service in the hotel restaurant. For just $3.75 I had breakfast each day which included scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of toast, a glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee. For the 3 days that I had breakfast, the longest I waited for the food to come to my table was 5 minutes from the time it was ordered. I also had dinner one evening, which was very good. Excellent service with good quality food at a reasonable price. The trifecta.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 505badgolfer
Reviewed 24 December 2016

I first stayed at this hotel some 10+ years ago, and have stayed several times since, but hadn't been back in a few years. I found it about the same as before which means it is a clean, quiet, comfortable, affordable option. I have always had a room that opens to the outside. No great view from the window, but nothing bad either. It had AC hot water, and wifi available, which were appreciated. The check-in/check-out were quick and easy., even though I didn't have a reservation. The front desk personnel were helpful, although not exactly friendly (but I've found that to be typical of customer service in Panama).The hotel has a small restaurant inside and the breakfast items were reasonably priced and the food was good. The portions were quite generous. I've had other meals there on previous stays that were also quite acceptable. My only concern about staying here is the hotel layout can be somewhat confusing and fire exits are not clearly marked. There are signs that say "exit" but when you follow them it is easy to get lost or feel like you are going in circles. I would be concerned in a fire that if I wasn't able to go out a window, that trying to find my way through smoke to an exit would be pretty much impossible. For that reason, I may choose not to stay here again the next time I am in David.

Room Tip: I would choose an outside room facing away from the main street.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel was clean & located right in the center of David. We asked for an inside room because we heard the area was noisy. For me it was a little claustrophobic. It is OK for an overnight. We did not see any grocery stores nearby. Both nights we walked to the Gran National hotel for dinner. Cabs were plentiful & inexpensive.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2016

For the first time I got a room in the interior of the hotel. Looking out the window I faced the window of another room about 1 meter across. It was like sleeping in a $50.00 jail cell. It was hard to tell if it was day or night time. When we checked out, they charged us $ 2.60 for a water glass that was accidentally broken. I am retracting my positive review from a year ago. I will still use their restaurant, but will be staying at another hotel in the future.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple