All reviews coffee plantation coffee tour trout gastro pub bird watching birding guide hiking trails restaurant staff boutique hotel spent two nights grounds are beautiful central america cesar hummingbirds hike chimney flowers
Reviewed 3 March 2016

We spent three nights at Finca Lerida because of its location out of the city of Boquete and we'd heard about its lovely grounds. I guess that the high prices charged reflect the site and not the accomodations. Our simple wooden lodge was rustic to the extreme. The mattress was old and stiff and not conducive to sleep. Furnished by old odds and ends. There was a safe but it didn't lock, even after many visits by the maintenance man. There is a jacuzzi, but not enough hot water to fill it. Several windows didn't close completely and so couldn't be locked. The double door lock was almost impossible to figure out (locked, not locked?). No refrigerator, no coffee pot. I guess that they want you to spend your money at the restaurant, which we found overpriced for what you get, compared to anything else in the area. The food was o.k., nothing great. The staff was very friendly but it helps if you speak Spanish (very little English spoken by staff). Breakfast is by order, not buffet and no menu provided. We were never sure what we'd get. Each morning's offering was somewhat unpredictable and not always what we wanted, and truthfully, portions were very skimpy.
However, the site is gorgeous, hummingbirds abound, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. Sadly, I would not stay here again because there is little value for money spent. I expected a much nicer accomodation and was really disappointed.

Room tip: Get a room far away from the processing plant and restaurant to avoid noise, traffic, loud conversations of the staff, and factory smoke.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hawkeye-490
Reviewed 22 February 2016

I have eaten three times now at this little restaurant. The quality of the food is really exceptional. Nice to sit on the covered patio for lunch and enjoy the beautiful scenery. A little pricey by Panamanian standards but the experience is worth the $$.
I have not stayed at the hotel but i looked at the rooms and they were very nice. I
would recommend it to my family and friends for sure.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherrie M
Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Went to stay for Bird watching and I found an awesome Hotel with all the amenities of a 5 star hotel, great food all freshly prepared, gardens full of Flowers And a coffee plantation in full function were you can tour and learn everything about coffee industry.
Took a bird watching tour and the guide was so knowledgable even stay with us over breakfast to discuss all the birds we were able to see. At the bar fresh juices with unique drinks
Anybody who wants to enjoy sometime with nature but want the comfort of a great hotel this is the place

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Titita013
Reviewed 10 February 2016

If you're just going for the beautiful setting, views, birds and a hike, that's fine. It is a beautiful place up in the mountains. But, if you're going for the food, don't bother. It is overpriced for what you get and we had the worst service I think I've ever had in Panama and that's saying something. Not the waitresses fault, except that she could have been better trained, but half of the things we wanted weren't available. We have eaten there many times in the past, but not since the newly renovated dining room has been open. We love the Smoked Tomato Soup and it wasn't available. Then three of us ordered the Chicken Crepes and one person ordered something else. One person got her crepes and the other person got his order. We waited at least 20 minutes for the other two orders of crepes. And, when they arrived, we discovered that they were fresh and good. The first order that came out must have been leftover from the day before, because it was awful. At the prices they charge, that is totally unacceptable. They did try to make up for it by bringing a coffee flan, which was very good and a shot of coffee liqueur for everybody. I don't know what the problem was, but they really need to try harder if they want to be a high class establishment. I don't think I'll ever go back. Very disappointing.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jbrider12
GerentedeVentas F, General Manager at Finca Lerida, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

After reading your detailed comments, we are certain our prices are reasonable taken into account our promise of value. The chicken crepes ordered are $10.90 and are sold consistently at a rate of 200+ units on a monthly basis.

On the other hand, we are happy to hear our staff made an effort to please your party.

As I understand from your review, you are a local resident so I will be glad to host you at La Brulerie again.

Please follow our latest news on FB and IG #hotelfincalerida

Regards,
Nadeía Guerra

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

I read several reviews here and wanted to ensure I reviewed my stay as well.

My family didn't make plans over Carnaval weekend and decided to ring up Finca Lerida to check for availability for same day. To our surprise they had availabilty (high rates) but we were willing to pay due to our spontaneity.

It was worth every dollar. I think it's important to understand the local language and not expect everyone to speak the language you do, so communication for me wasn't an issue. The room was absolutely charming, and the bathroom worked well as I was not there to critique if a sink was funtional or if the design made sense.

Because I came with kids, I worried abt whether or not they were too loud, but soon realized we were placed strategically with other families which was perfect. In between the rooms we had access to a fireplace and small bar area that could serve us tea or wine if wanted. My 4 year old son roasted marshmellows and brought back a deck of cards where we sat in bed and played. My husband ordered me hot chocolate which they ordered down at the restaurant and delivered to our room. My son will keep these little details in his memory for life.

The food was also an experience in it's own as we enjoyed the local offerings.

We watched the sunrise in the hammock, with blankets. My husband left out his go-pro to film the sunrise for 45 mins which was left untouched by groundkeepers as we later saw in the video.

Everyone was helpful, those in the restaurant assisted and offered to set tours for us, grounds keepers offered to assist with locating our room.

We were very pleased and will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family