“Food was amazing service was terrible.”
Review of Restaurant Baru

Restaurant Baru
Ranked #32 of 125 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2018

The service was unfortunately pretty bad. We were the only two in the restaurant and it took the waiter about a half an hour each time we asked for something like silverware or another beer. This however was overpowered by the Food. I had meat spaghetti and my buddy had the pork tacos. They were both sensational. If the service even come close to the food this place would be amazing.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

As a celiac that must avoid 100% gluten, I feel safe only with the ceviche and that is quite good. My friends seem to always enjoy their orders, the menu is quite large, and my husband loves the pizza. I can always count on enjoyment with a glass of wine and a seat on the patio as the restaurant is just across from the town square. Many of our friends love this place. A couple of beers at happy hour and an appetizer is a crowd pleaser. Service is consistently good.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Delicious, HUGE plate of nachos, enough for a meal for two people. They layer on the cheese and refried beans, with fresh pico de gallo loaded on top. These were probably the best nachos I have ever had. We liked it so much, we went back again just for the nachos. Would highly recommend. Nice vibe, fair prices.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

You shouldn't waste your time or your money. They have an extensive menu. In my experience when there are many options, they are master of none and this is the case. We had tacos and chicken wings. The tacos were forgettable. With the chicken wings you could taste the freezer burn. They were definitely no fresh. The service was terrible, the waiter looked like he hatred his job. Food, beer (no imports or Panamanian Chivo Perro) service are all lacking. You can do a lot better in Boquete.

1  Thank Larry A
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My family had drinks and novas last night at Baru. Great service and ambiance. Food was well prepared and good. I would recommend this place for an evening of adult beverages and hanging out.