“Best place to stay in Boquete!”
Review of Boquete Garden Inn

Boquete Garden Inn
Ranked #2 of 29 Boquete B&B and Inns
London
“Best place to stay in Boquete!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent a wonderful 3 nights at the Boquete Garden Inn and it was fantastic. I knew from the reviews and pictures that I had seen beforehand that it was going to be wonderful but I never expected the staff to be so lovely and helpful. Robert really couldn't do enough for us, he was always happy and cheerful and genuinely seems to really love his job. The owners Jason and Susan were also really lovely. We didn't get to meet Susan as she was away at the time but even before we stayed I got a number of emails from her offering helpful information about the area and what we could do during our time there. Jason was always happy to sit and have a chat, and suggested some great restaurants (he even drove us there!). There was another day when we were walking back to the hotel and he drove passed us and picked us up on the way.

The room itself was perfect, it was spotlessly clean and had everything you could need. The gardens are absolutely beautiful and I would happily spend all day sat outside watching all of the wildlife come into the garden to eat the fruit that they had put out for them. The social hour on an evening is just a brilliant idea, we met so many lovely people who told us all about the things they had done each day and we all shared good restaurants to go to and tours to go on. We ended up going out for dinner with one couple we met here, and another person we met kindly offered us a lift to Panama City instead of us having to take an 8 hour bus!!

The hotel staff will organise all of your tours for you, and will even pack you up a breakfast if you have an early start (we didn't even have to ask for this they just put it in our room ready for us). We went horseback riding to the hot springs, and they even gave us old towels to take with us so we didn't need to use our own, they really do think of everything.

The breakfast is lovely and couldn't be eaten in a more realxed and beautiful setting. Although the Garden Inn is not in the centre, it's only a ten minute walk which we actually really enjoyed. On days where we did get a taxi it was never more than $3 per journey which is about £1.80. I would definitiely return to Boquete again, and would always stay at this hotel, Jason and Susan have done wonders with the place. Jason told me that it held some sort of magic for him even before they took it on and you really can feel it.

I would recommend anyone travelling to Boquete to stay here, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Altos del Maria
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Every hotel experience should be as enjoyable as our stay this week at the BGI, but we recently learned not all hotels are run by the same standards. (See my Bocas hotel review)

We stayed here this week, with another couple and they echo our praise of this little piece of paradise located just a short drive from the business district, across a small bridge (two, actually).

I don't know where to start with the kudos, so I'll begin by saying that the rooms were clean and nicely arranged. The mattresses are firm and there's even a dehumidifier in the room, should you feel the need to reduce the moisture in the room (we didn't). A kitchenette allows for having cold drinks or preparing simple snacks.

The hosts, Susan and Jason are very nice and Robert, who mans the desk often, is a 10 year resident of Boquete and is full of good info and advice.

The grounds are simply wonderful. Filled with hundreds of flowering plants, greenery, trees and birds you will feel you are in a special place, and you are. Be sure to take the time to enjoy the efforts of the gardener during your stay.

A Continental breakfast is included and a larger meal is also available. At 8 AM each day, fresh fruit is placed near the terrace eating area, and many species of birds appear daily (they're conditioned to arrive, due to the consistency of the free eats). The colors range from bright blue to orange, olive, yellow, black and teal. Hummingbirds whiz by, feeding from the flowers.

At 6 PM every evening, the Inn hosts a "happy hour" and offer a free libation. It's a chance to meet the other guests, hear & tell stories and find out what activities are worth doing.

Along with this recommendation, I also endorse the Peruvian restaurant in town, the Casa Ruiz coffee tour (the guide is a treasure and makes it a great experience), Panama Rafters for an exciting river trip and Sugar & Spice Bakery for great bread and pastry.

We plan on returning to Boquete to go rafting again, zip lining, renting quad runners and there's no doubt we will be staying at the Garden Inn again.

Kudos to the owners and staff of the Inn- the best in Boquete.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad one. Each small building has an upper and lower room. Stair access to the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Sebastopol
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Just spent three nights at the inn. The staff are great. Don't miss the social hour in the gazebo which is a great way to connect with other travlers.Robert and Jay will hook you up with the best places to eat in town. The inn is 25 min walk from town but we walked it no problem. No difficulty getting a taxi to and from town. The breakfast that is included is very good fresh fruit, cereal, and pastry of the day or you can have a cooked meal for a small charge.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We traveled here on a rainy day from Boca Del Toro and as soon as we arrived we received a warm welcome and help with our bags to our very comfortable room. The grounds are beautiful and the staff very helpful. They answered our question about the area and arranged a coffee tour for us. We were without a car but town is in walking distance about 20 minutes and at least one restaurant in walking distance, about 5-10 minutes depending on how long you take to look at the beauty during the walk. They hold a social hour in the evening and this is a good time to talk to travelers and get information on the town or on places you may be going. Jay, the owner, also attends the social hour and is a gold mine of information and suggested several places to eat. We were very happy with our choice. He was also kind enough to give us a ride into town in the evenings. A taxi ride is about three dollars for two people which is very reasonable. If I ever find myself in Boquette again I will definitely stay at the Garden Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Don't let anyone tell you this place is too far out of town! It is arms-length from the center of Boquete. It's a beautiful ten minute taxi ride down the mountain. I am an innkeeper of a boutique bed and breakfast myself and in my opinion the Boquete Garden Inn is an exceptional accommodation in so many ways. The grounds are well kept, the suites are clean, cozy and uniquely decorated. The staff are super friendly and helpful.

My friends and I enjoyed the serenity of the grounds so much we spent many days hanging around the gardens and chatting. One of the features onsite is the social hour which creates a fantastic opportunity to meet other travelers staying in the inn.

I cannot say enough great things about the Boquete Garden Inn. Congratulations to Susan & Jason on a winning property in the Boquete Mountains! I will recommend this property in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If I were to travel alone to Boquete I would choose the Boquete Garden Inn. It gave me the comfort...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends