Boquete Garden Inn
US$ 110
US$ 107
Hotels.com
The Haven and Spa(Boquete)
US$ 120
Casa de Montana Bed & Breakfast(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$ 94
US$ 45
US$ 109
Downtown Suites(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
Orbitz.com
US$ 76
Hostal Garden by Refugio del Rio(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$ 20
US$ 42
US$ 17
US$ 500
US$ 265
All reviewssocial hourhappy hourother guestsbeautiful birdsevery eveningfresh fruitowners and stafffellow travelerswatching the birdseach morningpanamanian coffeethe entire staffcafe ruizin townruiz coffeesmall kitchendelicious breakfast
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Every hotel experience should be as enjoyable as our stay this week at the BGI, but we recently learned not all hotels are run by the same standards. (See my Bocas hotel review)

We stayed here this week, with another couple and they echo our praise of this little piece of paradise located just a short drive from the business district, across a small bridge (two, actually).

I don't know where to start with the kudos, so I'll begin by saying that the rooms were clean and nicely arranged. The mattresses are firm and there's even a dehumidifier in the room, should you feel the need to reduce the moisture in the room (we didn't). A kitchenette allows for having cold drinks or preparing simple snacks.

The hosts, Susan and Jason are very nice and Robert, who mans the desk often, is a 10 year resident of Boquete and is full of good info and advice.

The grounds are simply wonderful. Filled with hundreds of flowering plants, greenery, trees and birds you will feel you are in a special place, and you are. Be sure to take the time to enjoy the efforts of the gardener during your stay.

A Continental breakfast is included and a larger meal is also available. At 8 AM each day, fresh fruit is placed near the terrace eating area, and many species of birds appear daily (they're conditioned to arrive, due to the consistency of the free eats). The colors range from bright blue to orange, olive, yellow, black and teal. Hummingbirds whiz by, feeding from the flowers.

At 6 PM every evening, the Inn hosts a "happy hour" and offer a free libation. It's a chance to meet the other guests, hear & tell stories and find out what activities are worth doing.

Along with this recommendation, I also endorse the Peruvian restaurant in town, the Casa Ruiz coffee tour (the guide is a treasure and makes it a great experience), Panama Rafters for an exciting river trip and Sugar & Spice Bakery for great bread and pastry.

We plan on returning to Boquete to go rafting again, zip lining, renting quad runners and there's no doubt we will be staying at the Garden Inn again.

Kudos to the owners and staff of the Inn- the best in Boquete.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad one. Each small building has an upper and lower room. Stair access to the upstairs. The path to the buildings is crushed stone, so wheelchair access is not good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Just spent three nights at the inn. The staff are great. Don't miss the social hour in the gazebo which is a great way to connect with other travlers.Robert and Jay will hook you up with the best places to eat in town. The inn is 25 min walk from town but we walked it no problem. No difficulty getting a taxi to and from town. The breakfast that is included is very good fresh fruit, cereal, and pastry of the day or you can have a cooked meal for a small charge.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We traveled here on a rainy day from Boca Del Toro and as soon as we arrived we received a warm welcome and help with our bags to our very comfortable room. The grounds are beautiful and the staff very helpful. They answered our question about the area and arranged a coffee tour for us. We were without a car but town is in walking distance about 20 minutes and at least one restaurant in walking distance, about 5-10 minutes depending on how long you take to look at the beauty during the walk. They hold a social hour in the evening and this is a good time to talk to travelers and get information on the town or on places you may be going. Jay, the owner, also attends the social hour and is a gold mine of information and suggested several places to eat. We were very happy with our choice. He was also kind enough to give us a ride into town in the evenings. A taxi ride is about three dollars for two people which is very reasonable. If I ever find myself in Boquette again I will definitely stay at the Garden Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Don't let anyone tell you this place is too far out of town! It is arms-length from the center of Boquete. It's a beautiful ten minute taxi ride down the mountain. I am an innkeeper of a boutique bed and breakfast myself and in my opinion the Boquete Garden Inn is an exceptional accommodation in so many ways. The grounds are well kept, the suites are clean, cozy and uniquely decorated. The staff are super friendly and helpful.

My friends and I enjoyed the serenity of the grounds so much we spent many days hanging around the gardens and chatting. One of the features onsite is the social hour which creates a fantastic opportunity to meet other travelers staying in the inn.

I cannot say enough great things about the Boquete Garden Inn. Congratulations to Susan & Jason on a winning property in the Boquete Mountains! I will recommend this property in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If I were to travel alone to Boquete I would choose the Boquete Garden Inn. It gave me the comfort of a hotel and the personality of a hostel. What a fantastic combination!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The rooms were comfy and clean, the gardens are beyond beautiful, the service was fantastic ! We enjoyed every moment of our stay here.

Rooms - hot showers, plenty of room, well furnished, clean
Gardens - paradise ! We woke each morniing to the sound of bird chirping and ate breakfast outside while watching the wildlife ( birds and squirrels ), peaceful, hammocks and chairs tucked away everywhere
Service - Robert and Danny were fun to visit with, they booked all of our outings, called taxis for us, took care of all ofnour needs !

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple