“Awesome must see”

Cloud Forest Botanicals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: DUE TO HEAVY RAINFALL, The Medicine Way Trail tour is temporarily closed until necessary repairs on the trail can be completed. Tour Finca Luz, a working organic rainforest medicinal plant and coffee farm in the highlands of Boquete, Panama, where it is always cool and green. Enjoy a 2.5 hour educational, entertaining, delicious tour of a gorgeous cloud forest ecology--from cathedral-like forest to meadow to wetlands to greenhouse...taste, touch, smell and learn about the plants that have thousands of years of healing history...and are being used today by Big Pharma. Finish your tour with organic coffee, herbal lemonade, tropical fruit and our own special goodies. Enjoy the stunning vista out to the Pacific Ocean and towering Volcan Baru. Relax. Breathe. Enjoy.
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The tour was amazing. The setting is filled with breathtaking views yet the trail is so well graded that it is very easy and has good footing. I am a non - athletic 55 year-old and found the walk very easy. Our guide was very patient and gracious. When I was a little poky, she slowed down. She explained the geological history of Panama and how this created the environment for the herbal plant diversity. She was filled with facts about the plant behavior, herb use, and preparation of healing tinctures. The pace was just right. I never felt bored or rushed. The finale of the tour was the organic herbal tea made from herbs we saw during our tour. Marmalade, coffee, also made from plants onsite. We even had a bonus tour of the greenhouse and garden. A morning well spent. I would recommend this tour to everyone. The owners are warm, friendly, knowledgeable and made me feel right at home; like a truly welcome guest. The hospitality alone makes this tour worth it.

1  Thank Jennifer D

Reviewed 25 March 2012

There are so many outdoor adventure and coffee tours throughout Central America, let alone in the Boquete area. They each have their own flare but are not unique. The Medicinal Tour at Finca Luz is one of the most unique activities and will leave you feeling inspired long after you leave.

This farm--which Elizabeth and her amazing Panamanian crew have built piece by piece--is a little educational, medicinal sanctuary. Elizabeth and Dianne are two extremely charming ladies who create a beautiful experience in the cloud rainforest. The tour itself is a taste-testing journey of wild-growing and cultivated medicinal plants. It inspires just about everyone who takes the tour to look closer at the benefits of plant medicine and taking a more active role in their own health.

I strongly recommend visiting Finca Luz if you are looking for an activity that is unique to the area. It is relaxing and incredibly informative. Don't miss this opportunity!

1  Thank Mindy B
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Dianne was very informative, answered all our questions, on our tour.
The farm has very beautiful views, the scenery was great.
And at the end of our tour Elizabeth made some snacks for us to enjoy, which we did the rhubarb orange cake was wonderful.

Thanks ladies we enjoyed the time we spent with you.

2  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Finca Luz is a beautiful place. Our tour was in the afternoon. I went with my husband, son and daughter in law. We enjoyed the nature walk, the interesting information about the plants of the rain forest, the lovely views and the tea served afterwards. The drive up to Finca Luz is an adventure in itself! And the ginger seemed to work for car sickness! Thanks for a lovely afternoon.

2  Thank mkleinf
Elizabeth W, Owner at Cloud Forest Botanicals, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thanks for bringing your family to visit. We are very happy to hear that the ginger tincture stopped the motion/car sickness. Herbs are great healers. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Thanks so much for the information on plants. I had no idea that so many remedies are from our rain forest. I enjoyed tasting them and learning about the plants and herbs that can help us stay healthy. I used the healing cream on my jungle rot finger and in two days it was much better. Thanks again and I will be back with friends..Oh and I can't forget the lemon herb drinks and fabulous food at the end. Thanks Elizabeth and Dianne

2  Thank Camille G
Elizabeth W, Owner at Cloud Forest Botanicals, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

It was indeed a wonderful morning. Bright sunshine, song birds, and a lovely group of guests to share the day. Thanks for coming, Camille!