“Can't wait to go back!”

Christos Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Christos Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 577 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 140
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Christos Steak House offers all-American steaks paired with traditional Greek appetizers and sides. At Christos Steak House, we serve a range of steak options, from a 10-ounce filet mignon to the Christos Signature Porterhouse for two or three. Our beef is carefully aged for 21 days in our temperature-controlled aging room to achieve peak flavor and supreme tenderness. When cooked, we charbroil our meats at 1200 degrees, simply finished with coarse sea salt and dried, mountain oregano.
Poughkeepsie,NY
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I love a great steak but they are often difficult to find. My husband surprised me for my 40th bday with a dinner at Christos and a Broadway play a couple of days ago. We drove about 1 1/2 hours to Astoria for dinner. My experience at Christos was so great, I had to write a review. The crab cake appetizer was delicious - mostly crab meat with not much (if any) filler. I ordered the 10oz. fillet with a 1lb lobster. I ordered the au poivre sauce which was on the side...and fabulous! The fillet was ordered medium and cooked to perfection! No sauce or s&p needed. The blue cheese and bacon mashed potatoes were scrumptious, and the grilled asparagus was cooked perfectly. I had a Pomegranate Martini and a Bourough Manhattan, both were delicious! The martini was more sweet while the manhattan was a less sweet, seemingly stronger cocktail. My husband ordered the salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, and grilled scallions. Often being disappointed at receiving overcooked fish, he was so happy to have his food seasoned and cooked perfectly! As a surprise, because he knows red velvet cake is my favorite, he ordered a piece of red velvet/ice cream cake encased in toasted marshmallow. OMG!! It was brought to our table with a tiny birthday candle, and our waiter sang Happy Birthday! I gave him props because most restaurants have them come out singing in some cheesy group, but he did it solo. It was wonderful!! All in all, the service was excellent, and the food was top notch. I don't mind paying a little more for such a wonderful, memorable time. I wish the staff at Christos knew how much of a part they played in my wonderful birthday celebration. Thanks Christos...you rock!!!

• Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Greek first
Brooklyn, New York
“awesome steak”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

we ordered the wedge for 3 and a skirt steak with cream souse. Everything was amazing! The wedge could have easily fed 5 people. The meat was all prime cuts and the skirt steak was made perfect. I def recommend lobster mash and blue cheese mash as side dishes. Cant wait to go back and try their porterhouse

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank shayka79
New York City, New York
“Fabulous treat!”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We eat at Christo's Steak House at least once a month with a family. It's always a great treat for both the adults and the kids in our family since we all appreciate a good steak! Our favorite is the ribeye steak! It's always crusted on the outside with spices and cooked to perfection. We love the medium-medium well heat. They always have creative salads on the specials menu and we absolutely love the mushrooms to go along with our steaks!!! We definitely enjoy the apple martini's here, and the shirley temples are always a hit with the kids. We always leave very satisfied and very happy. Other family members also frequent this restaurant and always love it!! Definitely something to try if you're looking for a great ribeye and good food! The service is always outstanding and the owners are always there making sure everyone is happy.

• Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
“Average Steakhouse”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I went to celebrate my brother's birthday at Christos steakhouse on a snowy Saturday night (rare for October in NY), although the birthday boy wanted to go elsewhere...the snow just wasn't letting this happen. We ordered some appetizers, including the veal sweetbreads (best part of my meal), lamb cigars, sausage, and a very good arugula fig salad. For dinner I ordered the Branzini and while it was good, I have had better Branzini at other restaurants (Cyclades) and would not order this here again. Normally, I would order steak being at a steakhouse but I am trying to stay away from red meat lately so maybe my experience would have been different had this not been the case. Next time, I'll go elsewhere.

• Visited October 2011
nyc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Succulent Filet Mignon & Heavenly Lobster Mashed Potatoes”
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Firstly, to the reviewer who said "literally made me sick", it would help if you gave more details.

My wife & I went to Christos last night to celebrate our anniversary. A tip, Monday & Tuesday nights are not crowded at all. Great time to go. You get a ton of attention and aren't rushed at all.

Not sure where to begin. We lived in NYC for 10 years and I've been to every major steakhouse including Lugers, Ruth Chris, Mortons, etc and our overall experience was just as good as any of them.

We started with the clams casino which was 3 clams casino and 3 clams oregenato. The flavor and seasonings were perfect and the clams was extrememly tender. For the main course my wife had the 10ounce filet mignon and I had the 14 ounce. We also ordered a side of the Lobster Mashed Potatoes (one of the specials), and sides of broccoli rabe and a side of sauteed spinich w/feta cheese.

I had read about the Lobster Mashed Potatoes, that they were a must order and they didn't dissapoint. They are served in the lobster shell and it's a huge portion ($22). There are pieces of actual lobster meat in the mashed potatoes and they don't skimp on it either. The meat was so tender and fresh. Plus there was still meat on the lobster shell they served so there was a bonus w/that. These potatoes were outstanding.

The sauteed spinach w/feta was perfect. The spinach was fresh and al dente and the feta was a perfect compliment to it.

Don't know where to start w/the filet mignon. Firstly you have your choice of 4 sauces which come on the side. We both had the christos steak sauce which was a little too sweet for me but it came on the side and frankly the steak didn't need any sauce at all. The 14 ounce filet was a huge cut. Must have been about an inch and a half high. I ordered mine medium rare and my wife medium. They were both cooked to perfection. The seasoning was perfection. The outside of the steak was crispy and the inside was pure butter. Never had another cut like it.

The prices are extremely high. It's definitely a special ocassion night unless you're wealthy. Cocktails run $11-$12 bucks but were good and strong. Still less money than luger's without the wait and noisy crowd. Steak was just as good. They also have free valet parking.

We will definitely go back on our next special occasion.

My drinks per person charge includes the $22 special of lobster mashed potatoes, 2 sides, an appetizer and a salad special.