All reviews room layout clean and comfortable rooms buffet breakfast staff were helpful and friendly in town modern hotel other hotels free wifi beautiful room family room central location excellent location on arrival within walking distance amenities kok noise
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Excellent, will return. very clean and neat accommodation. Family room is value for money. Size of the family and standard double is rooms are bigger than expected. Very good location and excellent view.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Johan K, General Manager at Swakopmund Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear 749yvonneb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Swakopmund Plaza Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

What a great hotel. Very centrally located, walking distance from numerous restaurants. The rooms are spacious.. The staff very friendly & the GM, Johan, extremely helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!Thanks for a great stay. Look forward to my next stay in Swakopmund

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Barrydevr,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope to welcome you back to Swakopmund Plaza Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Great hotel. Centrally located. Clean and very neat, beautiful views. Rooms were neat and tidy. Nicely decorated. Comfortable bed. Everything you need and more. Warm and comforting breakfast. Fantastic business hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Johan K, General Manager at Swakopmund Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This place was my favourite place to stay during our trip.
Although we were here during the time the town had no power. During this time the staff were able to make cold breakfasts for all and in between the power off and on coffee. The professional standards during the power cut were high they brought in some emergency lights for breakfast.
One recommendation would be install some emergency lighting in stairwells.

The man who was on the counter who told me I couldn't say T.I.A your banter was awsome and we enjoyed walking past was a good change to boring receptionists
The wifi here is amazing and fast.
Bedrooms could not fault these at all beds big pillows finally a good sleep and the bathroom was spacious and the shower... woow !!!!

Thanks everyone here for our awesome stay much appreciated

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Claire_beer,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Swakopmund Plaza Hotel. Fortunately the town has not experience a power failure since you stayed with us. Thank you for the recommendation for the emergency lights, I will look to change this as soon as possible.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stayed here at the end of a wonderful tour. Very nice clean room . On the morning of our checkout we were counting our money we had remaining as we were departing Namibia for Rwanda, in my wife’s purse was Namibian dollars, euros and Stirling. Unfortunately she left her purse on the side when we went for breakfast on our return some Namibian dollars gone all of the Stirling and euros gone . We know we should of taken it with us or placed in the safe however This left a bad taste on what was a lovely room and location

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Johan K, General Manager at Swakopmund Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Mr Clay,

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology. I was extremely shocked when this review was placed on tripadvisor, prompting my immediate investigation into the matter. Unfortunately we can not accept any responsibility or be held liable in any way when you did not store your valuable in the room safe provided.It is also very difficult to confront the staff when the guests are not here anymore to get all the details of missing items.

All our rooms are equipped with a laptop safe that even leaves an audit trail for cases where possible theft from the safes are suspected. I can also advise travellers to make a note of the serial numbers on their currencies, or use a stamp to mark them. This makes it easy for the Bureaus de Change to recall and identify dubious exchanges.

Once again, please accept my humblest apologies, but please remember to use your room safe in future.