1,877 results
All reviews private beach indoor pool beach restaurant nice balcony pool side turn down service superior room luxury hotel mint tea sun loungers main restaurant great pool a sea view room half board crepes watch the sunset lovely staff
Reviewed 2 July 2018

My husband and I have stayed at Le Medina several times, and we have always had a wonderful experience. Our most recent stay in July 2018 was just as great!

This hotel is perfectly located. It's steps away from the old medina and right across the street from the beautiful beach. There are free parking spots on the street that are reserved by the hotel and are always available. If you arrive by car, the parking attendants are quick to help you into a spot.

Right from the moment we check in, the staff always greets us with the amazing hospitality that Morocco is famous for! They had our room ready early and we were given complimentary mint tea and cookies.

Our room was clean and comfortable. We ordered room service for lunch and the club sandwich was brought quickly and was delicious.

I highly recommend going for a swim in the pool. It's beautiful and so refreshing. The pool area is a great place to relax and read a book.

I want to thank the staff for always helping us during our stay. Ayoub, Nezha, Hasna and Loubna, thank you for your professional and helpful service. We appreciate you!

Overall, our stay was memorable and so much fun! Well worth the price! We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Mohamed A, General Manager at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery by Sofitel-, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Sara,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Le Médina Essaouira Hôtel Thalassa sea & spa-MGallery by Sofitel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Sincerely,

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I had heard a lot about Essaouira, and finally decided to make a visit. we were on a weeks trip to Marraketch, so made a two night stay here. Very nice hotel, I hadn't realised it was a sea front position when we booked it, so that was a great surprise.
Very welcoming staff, great pool area, nice bar and great restaurant.
If I had a complaint, it was that the curtain tracks needed a spray of silicone to help them open and close. It was mentioned to the reception team and our curtains were attended to.
We had a great two night stay, both the hotel and Essaouira are worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mohamed A, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery by Sofitel-, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Paul C

Regarding your positive feedback about your experience among us, I would like to thank you so much for choosing le Medina Essaouira Thalassa Sea & spa for your stay.

we are very happy to read how you liked our hotel with its perfect location,friendly staff and varied facilities, and we would like to thank you so much for every second you spent in writing these precious words.

We will be very pleased to welcome you again for another stay that goes beyond your expectations.

General Managerr.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

6 days profoundly relaxing holidays. Very comfortable room and beds, I could see the see and the old harbour from my bed. The team was extraordinary, very kind and caring, always there when they were needed, never when not. Absolutely nothing was missing.
The breakfast was spectacular - the best I've had in Marocoo - and I've had quite some in Moroccan geuesthouses and hotels during the last 18 years. Thanks a lot to all of you for this!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Mohamed A, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery by Sofitel-, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear parugreuzinger

I would like thank you so much for choosing L Medina Essaouira Thalassa Sea & spa for your stay. We are very glad to read and share your positive feedback with our staff .your precious words are the greatest gift to our team members to carry on in creating memorable moments for every guest.
It is a great pleasure to read how you liked ours spacious rooms with comfortable beds, our friendly staff and varied breakfast and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you so much for every second you spent in writing these unforgettable words.

General Manager.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We were a big group of 52 people for just one night but a memorable night it was. Out of our 6 nights in Morocco. Le Median was by the far the group favorite. From its perfect seaside location, to the gorgeous comfortable rooms, amazing breakfast buffet and friendly and professional staff we were in heaven. I have stayed at the hotel many times before and it is my absolute go to hotel when I am in town. I especially want to thank Ms. Nezha, Hasna, Rachid and Mouna in the front desk and Anour , Mouhcine and Hicham in the restaurant. The bellman were also really great. They handled our 100+ pieces of luggages like bosses.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Mohamed A, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery by Sofitel-, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear LambNYC

I would like to thank you so much for choosing le Medina Essaouira Thalassa Sea and spa for your stay. It is a great pleasure to read your positive feedback about your experience among us. We are very glad to read how you liked our hotel with its perfect location, friendly staff and good facilities.
We would like also to thank you so much for the time you spent in writing and sharing.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Bright sunshine, gorgeous soft sand, clear ocean, glamorous pool area, great food and also being surrounded by such caring and joyful people that work there, made this a holiday I won't forget.
We got back just over a week ago and we had never been to Morocco before so we didn't know what to expect but this trip has meant returning to Morocco will be an absolute treat and we look forward to going again!
Essaouira had everything a holiday destination needs including something we didn't know a holiday destination needed....Camels! The hotel put us in contact with an amazing ranch called Ranch de Diabat where we went for an hour long Camel ride around an area Game of Thrones filmed (we got excited over that bit) and along the beach. But Essaouira also had amazing architecture, beautiful clothes and blankets/rugs all local and handmade, great food and amazing spices!
The hotel was visually beautiful inside and out and with that it was also very clean! The hotel room was cleaned everyday and there was even a turn down service in the evening which was a lovely surprise to come back to in the evening. The location of the hotel is great, as its close to everything you need.
I would highly recommend Essaouira and Le Medina Hotel and we would like to say a big thankyou to Hasam who checked in with us every morning to see how we are and checked if there was anything more they could do which we always replied with 'everything is great' because everything really was great!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are less windy
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Mohamed A, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery by Sofitel-, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Jack B

Regarding your positive feedback about your stay among us I would like to thank you so much for choosing le Medina Thalassa Sea &spa for your stay.
We appreciate your comments about your experience in our hotel and in our city and we are proud to share it with our team members. We are very glad to read every word you say and we thank you so much for every second you spent in writing these precious words.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another stay that goes beyond your expectations.

Yours Sincerely