All reviews pancakes hostel sea terrace morocco medina
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

We came to this Ryad around the end of Ramadan. Rooms were not bad, clean a bit smelly. The personal is really nice even if not always very professionals.

Most important point : if you wanna sleep well or early, skip this hôtel, there will be loud occidental music until late in night.

To end, the terrasse in the last floor is great. But the guys need to be a bit more professionals.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Sociable atmosphere here, definitely recommend it to single travellers.

Great terrace and cosy ground floor common area.

Easy place to find from the supratours bus station, straight up the street through Bab Marrakesh to the top and turn right.

Quite location, but renovation work at the time we stayed created some noise.
Quality of the facilities for us (in a double room) was excellent.
Great terrace.

Smoking allowed in doors.

No key to room but good front door security.

The manager has a good personality and deals with people well.

We only stayed two nights but I can see why people would stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2016

We arrived at Essaouira without having booked anything, and we stumbled at this place by chance. Nevertheless, the staff was very helpful in accommodating us and arranging surf lessons for the next day.
The hostel was quite spacious with an inside chilling area and a sunny terrace with an amazing view towards the sea. It's in a quiet street, so one can get a good rest after a day of surfing, but at the same time it's only 5 minutes walk from the main street of the Medina, 10 minutes walk to the marketplace and 15 minutes walk from the beach.
If I return to Essaouira, I would stay there again and would also definitely recommend the place to friends.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2015

I highly rate this riad, an out of the way setting with very private, quality bedrooms. It's cheaper than many of the others around, and has the benefit of the incredibly friendly and helpful Kabir at the reception desk. With panoramic sea views and the use of the kitchen, I can't express enough the pleasure of my stay here.
I spent time both with friends and alone here, and I would recommend it to anyone. Maybe there's an ant in your room but hey, it's Morocco there are ants everywhere, less so here than many other places! Having stayed at 4 raids in Essaouira I found this the best balance between affordability and pure quality.

Room Tip: The lower floors have better WiFi, the whole place is very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Ok, so it's only 200Dir a night for a double room with en-suite. If you only want to sleep, maybe not too bad. However, the whole building is dark and dingy and has an air of neglect. Our room at the top had ants crawling across the pillows and views of dyong unwatered potted plants on the terrace. No breakfast included. They just don't seem geared up for visitors and although relaitively gracious, this feels like an amateurish stab at renting a place out rather than a professional operation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family