See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2014

This is such a perfect location in the medina--a block away from the ramparts, the square, the main shopping street, and close to the beach! Some great restaurants around, some good shops, and some GREAT street dogs and cats! (See pics ;)

The room we were in was comfortable—the bed and pillow were fine, the wifi was good, the shower only OK (prone to getting water all over the place, but that's the norm in this part of the world), the breakfast was OK... Everything was great, but if you need it to be quiet after 10 or 11 PM, just know that people somehow get rowdy around the corner until 1 or 2 in the morning. Earplugs help a lot, but just wanted to put that out there.

Have fun in Essaouira, and say hi to all the sweet dogs and cats out there!

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights end of June me and 2 friends. First impression wasn't that impressed as stayed in wicked riad in Marrakech. Rooms were clean and tidy bed was rock hard and had a decent roof terrace. Its location is perfect though. Breakfast was crap so only had it once. Best thing about the place was the staff. Soukaina, youness and boby were all so nice. Made the stay much better. Also arranged bike hire for us.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I spent only 2 days with my girlfriend ..first but no hot water in room and no air conditioning ( all hotel) and when you did a remark seems people dont care .. I was booking and paid in advance... the receptionist was cold night watchman everything change the fix the problem water and show us a nice terrasse we don't know about it already ..and play music with different moroccan instrument ..other day this nice man come picked us up ! we descover avryting in this wonder city beach ,port, horses ,camels, eating fish , his name is Hisham realy nice guy ..i hop qoing see him ^^

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 6 March 2014

So I stayed here 3 years ago & found its beautiful rustic-ness delightful the whole reason for me coming back to morocco was all to do with dar mounia!

I have been here close to two weeks this time & it's location is incredible situated in the centre of the medina & a stones throw from the beach and with all this you get a elegant roof terrace with a superb back drop whether you want eat takeaway pizza, sunbath, play chess or simply enjoy the view of the medina.

the rooms are clean and fresh oosing with Moroccan style with nice French doors & sun gleaming in all day long.

the maids do a fantastic job of cleaning the rooms with a warming trusting lovely smile :)

what really wins it for me is the staff, no job is to big for them whether it's catering for your needs or teaching you a Moroccan card game or booking you a cheap taxi.

you also get WiFi with complimentary breakfast which makes your life on holiday easier - my choice is usually to take orange and coffee to my room - the restaurant staff are also as accommodating as the staff in hotel.

all this for a very affordable price, I beg you to stay in these cute riads in the medina and go out and eat fresh morocco food by night, rather than succumbing to these package holidays where you get ripped off.

thank you Brian & ... for all of your hospitality & friendly faces.

I would like to especially thank Hisham who works there, for teaching me even more about morocco culture offering his ideas on places to go and his welcoming smile - top man I will be back again dude, your extremely competent and you will go far with your outlook on life.

all together it's artistic - captivating - hassle free!!

the wolf

Date of stay: March 2014
1  Thank rumandsunshine
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I don't know about other riads in Essaouira but this one we have chosen was absolutely wonderful. It has a great position in relation with the parking, restaurants and everything you want to see in Essaouira, the staff and service was without a fault, clean room, well prepared for our arrival.

Room tip: rooms at the first floor are wonderful.
Date of stay: December 2013