“Great view from rooftop, great espresso,”

TAROS CAFE RESTAURANT
Ranked #79 of 295 Restaurants in Essaouira
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le TAROS, a long time institution in Essaouira. A bar and a restaurant well known for his light and refined cooking (lunches and diners) 7 days a week, as well as his very successful evenings. Situated in a 18 th century old building is dominated the harbour and the biggest Essaouira main square with a fabulous sea view. On two different levels of terraces, you can watch incredible sunset and enjoy his ambiance of live music, bands or DJ, and his very well known parties . Open 7/7 - Untill 2.30 in the morning in summer, 1.30 in the morning in winter.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is an impressive building in of itself. Walking up the numerous flights of stairs to get to the rooftop gives you an idea as to how these maze like homes were built. I liked the vacation atmosphere of the place, I think it suits the young crowd. Seeing that we were there in mid afternoon we were happy to get a roof top table with a view on the sea and port. We had a plate of oysters which were very good. My mojito was not quite like I like it - far too bitter, I suspect there was no crushed or cane sugar and not as minty as I like - I learned to love mojitos in Havana so it might not be a fair comparison. The espresso coffee was very good. I am told that it can get loud in the evening.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The views are fantastic from the terrace. Looks like the evening has live music. We popped in for a late morning drink but it felt like we were an annoyance by not eating. The waiter barely made eye contact. We decided not to bother going back. The food looked great job judging by the other diners. They serve alcohol here too.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The guy work at night in the mean dor he was so baad guy ..you have to make sur he will not get for you nothing they was 2scrt guys one if them hes really not nice I dont enjoy after him,, hes sml and he talk very agrsv ,,, i just went out to talk in the phon i was whit my friends so was music to ld and when i finish he did not let me to go in !!!he ask me to pay him 100dh
Was really hasl the other staff they really cool

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Great location in the Medina, and view to harbour and beach, music, relaxed place; great local beer too!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The only good thing about taros is the view but I still don’t think this makes up for the below average food. Ordered tagines thinking they would be a safe and even those were poor. The chicken didn’t come with any veg and the lamb was just oily. The drinks are also over priced. Maybe go for a coffee or drink and enjoy the view but DO NOT go for food when there’s so many better options in Essaouira!