1,178 results
All reviewshot tubroof terracetucked awayyogurttop floora lovely staylovely staffnicolechambreriadheartmarrakechseacurtainsjamsbohemianwind
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I stayed in this riad for two nights. My stay began very good with a perfect taxi transfer from the airport. The driver was really nice and walked me through the door of the riad (since cars cannot go into the medina streets). Damien welcomed me with a lot of hospitality and immediately gave me some advice on activities, restaurants and wellness. If I had any question, I always was around to help me. Also the staff of the riad was very kind.
The rooms were very clean and tastefully decorated in a white, Ibiza-like style. My favourite place of the riad, however, was the rooftop terrace: there is plenty of space to relax and catch some sun. I would definitely come back if I was in Essaouira again!
Thank you, Baladin!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Located very middle of the Medina, staff was extra helpful and makes you feel comfortable like home. When our taxi driver stood up on us, they helped us to catch another one very last minute or otherwise we would have missed out flight from Marrakesh!

Upon check-in, they gave us little explanation about the local area. Do check out on the map they hang by the entrance, apparently we didn't notice there are areas with "no-go" that we had strange encounters with locals.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We have loved our stay here. The service is wonderful from the start until the end, Damien was very professional and a very good host. On our last day he arranged our breakfast at 6 am, booked the ride to Casablanca and the luggage carrier guy. All of them were on time. You could see him during the day anytime if any consultation is needed. Much better service than my previous experience in Riad. The facilities and decor is simplistic and beautiful it freshens you. I give 5 stars but add the fact that bathroom in the room is not convenient , it is separated from the room by a curtain a not a door.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

There may be other riads in Essaouira though there is nowhere else that would first come to mind but Riad Baladin. From arranging transit from the airport to our departure, Damien & his team were the best! The room was vast, cosy and with a lot of charm. There is a wonderful rooftop where breakfast is served until 1130. Much explanations about Essaouira were given from the moment we arrived, with suggestions of things to do & restaurants to visit and Damien was always close by in case we had any questions.

I'd happily come back and would recommend Riad Baladin to anyone, without a shadow of a doubt. In a nutshell, i quite liked it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017

This review is long overdue, I stayed in Riad Baladin back in April with my boyfriend and it was lovely - I see why it's so popular on TripAdvisor. Guadalupe, one of the members of the staff who welcomed us and provided recommendations around Essaouria, was so sweet and considerate, and the rooms and roof deck are beautiful.

The riad is a bit hard to find and get to, tucked at the end of an alleyway, and getting into and out of the rooms could be challenging for those less able-bodied. Also, a warning that there is barely just a curtain between the bedroom and the bathroom (At least for the Rose Chamber room we stayed in), so you'll have to be quite comfortable with your traveling partners. Finally, the closing and locking the doors can be a bit finicky and it can take some time.

Wifi was good, and breakfast on the roof deck was adequate (nice collection of pastries, granola, etc. but I don't recall there being eggs or anything more substantial). We didn't use the hot tub but it looked clean. Overall, for the price of the rooms, it is a terrific value.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple