All reviewsplace to staylaid backchillmedinaheart
Reviewed 31 March 2016

This is the kind of place that you look for. It feels like home from the moment you walk in. The staff (and the people I met there) were very friendly and willing to help out in any way. Good standards and price.

Room Tip: Don't forget to visit the rooftop!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2016

Have stayed here three times on two separate visits and found it on every occasion a clean, welcoming and friendly Moroccan experience. Fully recommend, excellent terrace, great facilities and wonderful staff who can help you get the best out of your stay in Essaouira. They have always provided free mint tea on arrival, a welcoming boost after the inevitable rigours of travel, provided party instruments and musicians on occasion and every time I stay it feels like a great, safe home-base from which to explore the city from and chill out in at night meeting a host of other eclectic travellers. Shared dinners and communal evenings are frequent but the place does calm at night so you can get some rest past midnight. Unless its the summer Brahim tells me, in which case its parties on the roof every night. A must-stay in Essaouira in my mind!!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2015

Friendly staff even walked us to the beach and a the surf school we were trying to find. We got a great price and a nice dorm room. The hostel is clean and has a nice terrane to relax on. We were invited to group dinners and the rooms were quiet at night.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2015

i stayed for 5 nights there and it was great! we cooked Moroccan dinners, had litres of mint tee and many other great things) staff is absolutely brilliant- any question any problem is solved in 2 minutes. very clean in in a nice safe area of the medina.
thank you guys!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2015

out of all hostels I stayed in the world this one was really the best! strange how a place and the people that are there can change your entire travel plans... I stayed in the hostel with 5 of my best friends we all stayed 1 night longer than planed but when we wanted to go to a different city decided to stay in the hostel by my self for the rest of my morocco trip... I could learn so much about the culture and every day was amazing, big thanks to the staff because they are amazing people with good hearts work there, if you have any qestion or you need something they allways helped straight away... they tought me some arabic, we cooked together made musik smocked shisha drank tea went to the city together and much more .... i cant wait to go back and meet my new friends again now that i write this I notice I really miss that place :) oh also good to know is that the rooms are very nice the beds cofortable showers kitchen are really good where everything works they have a good chill out area to hang out and a nice rooftop to watch the sunset or sunrise or get some sun in the daytime... so all in all its is the perfect hostel feels even a bit like home so be not suprised if you stay longer as planed actually most people that stayed with me there did extend their stay in that hostel maybe it has some magic powers that make you fall in love !

Room Tip: really loveley rooms they will show you around i stayed in Jimmy hendriks :)
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends