All reviews place to stay laid back chill medina heart
Reviewed 20 January 2016

Have stayed here three times on two separate visits and found it on every occasion a clean, welcoming and friendly Moroccan experience. Fully recommend, excellent terrace, great facilities and wonderful staff who can help you get the best out of your stay in Essaouira. They have always provided free mint tea on arrival, a welcoming boost after the inevitable rigours of travel, provided party instruments and musicians on occasion and every time I stay it feels like a great, safe home-base from which to explore the city from and chill out in at night meeting a host of other eclectic travellers. Shared dinners and communal evenings are frequent but the place does calm at night so you can get some rest past midnight. Unless its the summer Brahim tells me, in which case its parties on the roof every night. A must-stay in Essaouira in my mind!!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2015

Friendly staff even walked us to the beach and a the surf school we were trying to find. We got a great price and a nice dorm room. The hostel is clean and has a nice terrane to relax on. We were invited to group dinners and the rooms were quiet at night.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2015

i stayed for 5 nights there and it was great! we cooked Moroccan dinners, had litres of mint tee and many other great things) staff is absolutely brilliant- any question any problem is solved in 2 minutes. very clean in in a nice safe area of the medina.
thank you guys!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2015

out of all hostels I stayed in the world this one was really the best! strange how a place and the people that are there can change your entire travel plans... I stayed in the hostel with 5 of my best friends we all stayed 1 night longer than planed but when we wanted to go to a different city decided to stay in the hostel by my self for the rest of my morocco trip... I could learn so much about the culture and every day was amazing, big thanks to the staff because they are amazing people with good hearts work there, if you have any qestion or you need something they allways helped straight away... they tought me some arabic, we cooked together made musik smocked shisha drank tea went to the city together and much more .... i cant wait to go back and meet my new friends again now that i write this I notice I really miss that place :) oh also good to know is that the rooms are very nice the beds cofortable showers kitchen are really good where everything works they have a good chill out area to hang out and a nice rooftop to watch the sunset or sunrise or get some sun in the daytime... so all in all its is the perfect hostel feels even a bit like home so be not suprised if you stay longer as planed actually most people that stayed with me there did extend their stay in that hostel maybe it has some magic powers that make you fall in love !

Room Tip: really loveley rooms they will show you around i stayed in Jimmy hendriks :)
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurens V
Reviewed 25 September 2015

This is honestly the best hostel in Essaouira. I am serious. Before finding this place I walked around to check out almost all of the hostels in the medina but this one attracted me more. Why? Because it was genuine. The guys who work here are real guys who want you to stay at their hostel and share their experiences with them (unlike a couple of hostels I've been to where you know that they're just trying to sell you a room. Fake smiles. Fake niceness. etc). These guys are everything that you want when coming to Essaouira to chill out. The rooms are nice and clean, the showers are neat with hot water, there's a TV in the downstairs area (if you want/need to watch something), WiFi, a nice kitchen to cook in once you've had enough tagine and if you have any questions the staff is there and will make sure you have an answer- they'll even go to the medina with you to make sure you get the Moroccan price if there's something that you want to buy. It's also located directly in the medina near everything. I stayed here for 1 month and in the middle of my stay they changed ownership and believe me when I tell you there has been a drastic change in the ambiance. The hostel is just great and it is intimate enough that you can really meet and talk to different travelers and get a feel of most people that are staying there. I came in this hostel knowing no one and left having made some beautiful friendships-including those of the staff. In this wonderful place we sometimes we have dinner together, drink tea together, smoke (chicha**) together and really it just feels like home. This will be a real Moroccan experience and if you're just coming from crazy Marrakech it will be the haven that you are probably looking for. I said it once and I will say it again....THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL IN ESSAOUIRA! Super chill, super cheap and definitely worth the stay.

Room Tip: They basically show you the rooms and let you choose. And if they don't, just ask...
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo