“Perfect Hostel!”

Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel
Reviewed 5 October 2015

out of all hostels I stayed in the world this one was really the best! strange how a place and the people that are there can change your entire travel plans... I stayed in the hostel with 5 of my best friends we all stayed 1 night longer than planed but when we wanted to go to a different city decided to stay in the hostel by my self for the rest of my morocco trip... I could learn so much about the culture and every day was amazing, big thanks to the staff because they are amazing people with good hearts work there, if you have any qestion or you need something they allways helped straight away... they tought me some arabic, we cooked together made musik smocked shisha drank tea went to the city together and much more .... i cant wait to go back and meet my new friends again now that i write this I notice I really miss that place :) oh also good to know is that the rooms are very nice the beds cofortable showers kitchen are really good where everything works they have a good chill out area to hang out and a nice rooftop to watch the sunset or sunrise or get some sun in the daytime... so all in all its is the perfect hostel feels even a bit like home so be not suprised if you stay longer as planed actually most people that stayed with me there did extend their stay in that hostel maybe it has some magic powers that make you fall in love !

Room Tip: really loveley rooms they will show you around i stayed in Jimmy hendriks :)
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurens V

Reviewed 25 September 2015

This is honestly the best hostel in Essaouira. I am serious. Before finding this place I walked around to check out almost all of the hostels in the medina but this one attracted me more. Why? Because it was genuine. The guys who work here are real guys who want you to stay at their hostel and share their experiences with them (unlike a couple of hostels I've been to where you know that they're just trying to sell you a room. Fake smiles. Fake niceness. etc). These guys are everything that you want when coming to Essaouira to chill out. The rooms are nice and clean, the showers are neat with hot water, there's a TV in the downstairs area (if you want/need to watch something), WiFi, a nice kitchen to cook in once you've had enough tagine and if you have any questions the staff is there and will make sure you have an answer- they'll even go to the medina with you to make sure you get the Moroccan price if there's something that you want to buy. It's also located directly in the medina near everything. I stayed here for 1 month and in the middle of my stay they changed ownership and believe me when I tell you there has been a drastic change in the ambiance. The hostel is just great and it is intimate enough that you can really meet and talk to different travelers and get a feel of most people that are staying there. I came in this hostel knowing no one and left having made some beautiful friendships-including those of the staff. In this wonderful place we sometimes we have dinner together, drink tea together, smoke (chicha**) together and really it just feels like home. This will be a real Moroccan experience and if you're just coming from crazy Marrakech it will be the haven that you are probably looking for. I said it once and I will say it again....THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL IN ESSAOUIRA! Super chill, super cheap and definitely worth the stay.

Room Tip: They basically show you the rooms and let you choose. And if they don't, just ask...
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DidiMorton
Reviewed 1 September 2015

It was not really clean, sheets and sofas were dirty and facilities were quite damaged , some beds were not in proper condtion etc... The location was good , inside of medina. It is a bit hard to find it.

Room Tip: don t go there.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hostel for a whole week. The pace was immaculately clean- likely due to the cleaning lady who was there every single day. The beds were very comfortable, although a bit squeaky. Showers were ok, but no bog complaints. The wifi was pretty good, and the kitchen was adequate for cooking. No breakfast, but for the rate it wasn't a problem. Hammock in the center of the raid was lovely, and the atmosphere is very social and welcoming. Highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2015

I never usually write reviews - but now I feel I must. I said here for one night, and accidentally left my kindle. I contacted the owner, who said he had it and would sent it back to me. A week later, I received a $200 from Amazon - over 40 books had been downloaded - with titles such as 'Make Her Scream', 'How to give the best Orgasms', 'How to Get Rich on the Internet Quick' and so on. I am absolutely outraged. When I contacted Amazon, they used GPS to track the purchases, and confirmed that it was around this area of Essaouira that the books had been downloaded. DO NOT STAY HERE. Not only this, but when we stayed the bathrooms were absolutely DISGUSTING - human excrement everywhere, I left with bed bugs, and the water stopped working as I was mid-shampoo... I have stayed in TONS of hostels, and this has to be the absolute WORST.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends