See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2015

This is honestly the best hostel in Essaouira. I am serious. Before finding this place I walked around to check out almost all of the hostels in the medina but this one attracted me more. Why? Because it was genuine. The guys who work here are real guys who want you to stay at their hostel and share their experiences with them (unlike a couple of hostels I've been to where you know that they're just trying to sell you a room. Fake smiles. Fake niceness. etc). These guys are everything that you want when coming to Essaouira to chill out. The rooms are nice and clean, the showers are neat with hot water, there's a TV in the downstairs area (if you want/need to watch something), WiFi, a nice kitchen to cook in once you've had enough tagine and if you have any questions the staff is there and will make sure you have an answer- they'll even go to the medina with you to make sure you get the Moroccan price if there's something that you want to buy. It's also located directly in the medina near everything. I stayed here for 1 month and in the middle of my stay they changed ownership and believe me when I tell you there has been a drastic change in the ambiance. The hostel is just great and it is intimate enough that you can really meet and talk to different travelers and get a feel of most people that are staying there. I came in this hostel knowing no one and left having made some beautiful friendships-including those of the staff. In this wonderful place we sometimes we have dinner together, drink tea together, smoke (chicha**) together and really it just feels like home. This will be a real Moroccan experience and if you're just coming from crazy Marrakech it will be the haven that you are probably looking for. I said it once and I will say it again....THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL IN ESSAOUIRA! Super chill, super cheap and definitely worth the stay.

Room tip: They basically show you the rooms and let you choose. And if they don't, just ask...
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DidiMorton
Reviewed 1 September 2015

It was not really clean, sheets and sofas were dirty and facilities were quite damaged , some beds were not in proper condtion etc... The location was good , inside of medina. It is a bit hard to find it.

Room tip: don t go there.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hostel for a whole week. The pace was immaculately clean- likely due to the cleaning lady who was there every single day. The beds were very comfortable, although a bit squeaky. Showers were ok, but no bog complaints. The wifi was pretty good, and the kitchen was adequate for cooking. No breakfast, but for the rate it wasn't a problem. Hammock in the center of the raid was lovely, and the atmosphere is very social and welcoming. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2015

I never usually write reviews - but now I feel I must. I said here for one night, and accidentally left my kindle. I contacted the owner, who said he had it and would sent it back to me. A week later, I received a $200 from Amazon - over 40 books had been downloaded - with titles such as 'Make Her Scream', 'How to give the best Orgasms', 'How to Get Rich on the Internet Quick' and so on. I am absolutely outraged. When I contacted Amazon, they used GPS to track the purchases, and confirmed that it was around this area of Essaouira that the books had been downloaded. DO NOT STAY HERE. Not only this, but when we stayed the bathrooms were absolutely DISGUSTING - human excrement everywhere, I left with bed bugs, and the water stopped working as I was mid-shampoo... I have stayed in TONS of hostels, and this has to be the absolute WORST.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Lucy M
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

We just stayed for a night, but i have to say I really loved this place. It was easy to find because it shows up on our offline Ulmon map app. The directions given by the hostel were also pretty straightforward. Rooms were clean, didn't notice any bed bugs. the atmosphere was great. The way they set up the hostel is ideal for interacting with fellow travelers, and i met a lot of really awesome people here. The staff were really friendly, they made me feel so at home. They don't treat you as guests, they treat you as friends. The wifi was also really fast, something that's not common in hostels. To those complaining about the noise, try doing some research about a place first before booking. If you want peace and quiet, clearly this isn't your hostel. There are a lot of other options in essaouira. And to those complaining about amenities, exactly how much did you guys pay? It's just wrong to give a low rating based on personal preferences. I felt so at home here, i wish i could've stayed longer. Great job Magic, i felt so bad leaving without saying goodbye. But everyone was still (understandably) sleeping when we left yesterday morning. Lol. Will definitely book a room here again if i ever find myself back in Essaouira.

Date of stay: July 2015